Owners Thread of Samsung Plasma 43E490/470 - Reviews, Settings & Features Discussions

Re: Owners Thread of Samsung Plasma 43E490/470 - Reviews, Settings & Features Discuss

Reducing contrast to 35% or less, turning on pixel orbiter or the equivalent function, and avoiding static displays for long should solve the way.

TV's two settings are not often understood correctly:

Brightness: Brightness actual controls the black levels.
Contrast: Contrast controls the white level.

Do you what is the equivalent function in samsung plasma?

Re: Owners Thread of Samsung Plasma 43E490/470 - Reviews, Settings & Features Discuss

Correction: The white scroll bar should be used to get rid of image retention as a last resort. It should be used to age the phosphors, i.e., not to be used for break-in. For break-in, use break-in slides.

Hi guys: Have you noticed Reddish tone of the skin specially whenever there is closeup shot ? how to reduce this reddishness ? I tried to keep TINT to 65(G - is it Green ?) and 35 (R - Must be Red ?). Is little better now. have you noticed this and how have you fixed it ?

Sanket

I kept black level to darkest ad PQ looks better . Is it safe to keep in break-in period ?

Correction: The white scroll bar should be used to get rid of image retention as a last resort. It should be used to age the phosphors, i.e., not to be used for break-in. For break-in, use break-in slides.

i didnt find break-in slide under settings in my samsung e490. Is this a kind movie file i need to play ?

@rjames123
1. google EVENGELO's Breakin slides. Download them to your USB.
2. Play in your TV with Photo mode.

well, I am playing them every night for 10 hours ! But remember they are not for breaking in per se. There are for uniform aging of phosphors. I plan to stop playing slides once I cross 200 Hrs of usage.
Sanket.

well, I am playing them every night for 10 hours ! But remember they are not for breaking in per se. There are for uniform aging of phosphors. I plan to stop playing slides once I cross 200 Hrs of usage.
Sanket.

ok got it mate , and i failed to find a free version in google . It would be very helpful if you can share the link pls.

Sanket.

This kind of paranoic actions are really required ? I did nothing in particular with my 43E490. I just reduced the cell light / contrast/ brightness to 14/50/50 and changed the channels when they show advts. Now it is 120 hrs usage.

Do anyone know how to increase 3D depth , i see this option is disabled in my E490

Any 3D users who can help in 3D depth settings?

Even at the default settings, the depth of 3D is good. Then what is the need to adjust it?.

For a movie about 1.7GB file , its not so deep. I changed 3D perspective settings to max and its better now

Hi All,
I started to research for a 32" LED TV and then thought 32 is not big as I have a 32" LCD at my hometown. Decided to go bigger 40+ inches and should be on my budget too.
My decision was really paid off. Advice to everyone is always chose as BIG as you can.
Budget LCD and LEDs do not really have good PQ and cannot match Entry level Plasma's . So even budget matched my requirement to go for plasma's
It was not easy even after deciding to go with plasma. Initially I wanted just a 2D model and should be either Samsung/Pana .
Went on hunting in all the showrooms and failed to find the 2D only Plasma's . And then thought 3D is just another option, if not required do not use it. Also 3D plasma's were not so expensive and decided to go on Samsung 43E490 over Panasonic just because i can save 6-7k .
I really started Loving DLNA feature. It can just pickup downloaded movies from my PC by its own. i dont have to do anything and as a Lazy guy like me loves this :)

TV is running for a week with SD DTH and will be upgrading to HD soon. I have to give my review to the forum who helped me choose this model. I am just enjoying this.
Model : 43E490
Price : 42k
Free : 2 3D glass, 50 Movies pack

I have been watching SD channels so far using BIG TV connected using component port.

pros :
1. Bigger , Better :)
2. SD Channels are fabulous. I have seen many friends LCD TVs and SD looked worst there. But in this plasma, this is awesome.
3. SD Channels has very minimal pixelisation problem that too visible if some low quality stuff is played by channel . All sports channels, English movies channels looks very good .
4. 3D looks good too. I have not seen 3D on other TVs , so cant comment much. But definitely a good 3D viewing experience if watched in complete dark room.
5. Viewing angle is simply as good as any CRT TV. Colours are not at all lost in any angle.
6. HD Quality played through USB is awesome as expected.
7. DLNA - Yes it connected my Laptop through LAN without much struggle and could play with ease ..
8. Sleek and very surprised to believe its plasma.

cons
1. Sound is not enough as expected.
2. Cannot control volume when External speaker is connected via headphone jack.
3. Reflection is the issue which needs to worry about if you cant control room lights. that means you can have a tubelight on the sides and should not face the TV.

Congrats on your purchase and thanks for this useful info.

Actually this TV does not has any headphone jack it is a Audio out. This is the only thing which really I do hate.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back