P50VT20D vs. P50ST30D - 12 Hour InfoBank - All opinions invited!

Motion issue happens only with 50Hz material. Play 24Hz or 48Hz , the ST30 shines , the movies are soo smooth , comparable to theatre quality.

Even the motion occurs only very slightly , wouldnt coz much of an issue.

As for Fluctuating Brightness issue , yes its is there , but very very minimal. you wont notice it at all. But I am planning to talk with Panny CC tomorrow and get me replace the A board. It seems its a EPROM update solution and only Panny guys can fix it. I am not so sure how well the customer care is goign to understand my issue and how well i am going to emulate such situation when service guys comes to take a look. Anyway i will be referring this http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=20799695&postcount=3775

one way to be sure is , get a post August model . It seems they have fixed in post august models. I did specifically mentioned them to get me a post-august model , but since only very few go for ST30 , that too 50" , it seems india has pre -august models.

Few points.

1) 3D is NOT a gimmick. 2D->3D IS IMO. 3D content is very scarse though and from the POV of adopters, the oomph dies in a month.

2) ST30 is 'brighter' only in 3D mode to compensate the glass tint. It means you should not see a difference in 2D material ideally.

3) Either of them produces deep blacks without a doubt. But between them, you can only notice it side by side.

4) If you are interested in 3D and are huglely not affected by viewing 3D, You should be better of with the ST30. But as mentioned, the oomph is not sustainable past a month. I cannot see any crosstalk in VT20 itself in my limited viewing.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back