Panasonic AX 200 720p Value

micjak77

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a projector may be after some research 2-3 months down the line. I am really impressed with this particular Pana PJ. Its currently available in Chennai for around 65k which I think is an amazing deal. Also the AE 2000 is available for around 1.4 lacs. Does anybody know here if these can be obtained at a cheaper price. And what are your views about these models. I know for one that AE 200 is the biggest selling PJ in US right now. And if you see the specs like 24 FPS HQV and the price, it looks like incredible value.

What Say ALL...

damn! Is it available for 65k? Go grab it!
I have got one from the US and its on the way. It had cost me close to 58k, and the hassle of getting it from someone. Add duty to it.

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a projector may be after some research 2-3 months down the line. I am really impressed with this particular Pana PJ. Its currently available in Chennai for around 65k which I think is an amazing deal. Also the AE 2000 is available for around 1.4 lacs. Does anybody know here if these can be obtained at a cheaper price. And what are your views about these models. I know for one that AE 200 is the biggest selling PJ in US right now. And if you see the specs like 24 FPS HQV and the price, it looks like incredible value.

What Say ALL...

Well i won't recommend this model at all, specially if you are planning to buy from grey market as there are lot of issues regarding flickering and bulb life,
there are other better models out there from other manufacturers like hitachi and epson if you are really interested in going for lcd projector, otherwise there are good dlp models too like optoma, infocus ,

Where in Chennai? Does this guy have more deals on other items - like amps, speakers, subs etc?
I need to see if I can return the one purchased in the US and buy from this person.
Can you please share the contact details of this guy?

well my recommendation is NOT based on actual usage.
That I can recommend only after I get mine. But based on price, that deal is a steal. Take a demo and try it out for an hour or so (watch a movie) - most of the issues should come out in that time.

Well i won't recommend this model at all, specially if you are planning to buy from grey market as there are lot of issues regarding flickering and bulb life,
there are other better models out there from other manufacturers like hitachi and epson if you are really interested in going for lcd projector, otherwise there are good dlp models too like optoma, infocus ,

Hey Dushie...what I am talking about is not grey. Its retailing on ebay at around 68k. Name one pj at this price which gives better bang for your buck. Panasonic makes award winning PJ year after year. From all that I have researched about this PJ I havent come across any griviences from users. May be its just a isolated case or something. Hitachi is selling stuff in India which is already discontinued around the world and anyway there PJ's were never a competition to Panasonics. Optoma makes cheap DLP PJ's, no offence meant to owners but i doubt thier quality vis-a-vis a pana, add to that limited placement flexibilty no 24 FPS ...list goes on.

I am not putting down any particular brand, its all about whatever I have read and the specs that i have compared against each rupee value.

Where in Chennai? Does this guy have more deals on other items - like amps, speakers, subs etc?
I need to see if I can return the one purchased in the US and buy from this person.
Can you please share the contact details of this guy?

Send me a PM I will give you the details.

With more than 300 hrs on the bulb in 3 months, I can personally say that this is one of the best projectors as far as performance is concerned.

With HD source the picture is so good, it is better than in a movie theater.
Even with regular DVDs , the picture quality with my samsung 1080p8 upconverting DVD player is almost as good as HD.

The only problem reported with this projector is that of a flicker which supposedly hits some units after 300 hrs., especially if the lamp was used in Economy mode. The actual incidence of this problem is not known.
The cause is supposedly the lamp, but why it happens is up for conjecture.

giddavr

Hey Dushie, I kinda stand corrected. You had a point afterall.After you told me about the flicker issue I cheked it out on the web. And the sheer volume of posts discussing it are making me doubt its reliability ...thanks for your suggestion pal.

Hey Dushie, I kinda stand corrected. You had a point afterall.After you told me about the flicker issue I cheked it out on the web. And the sheer volume of posts discussing it are making me doubt its reliability ...thanks for your suggestion pal.

So, if not Panansonic, what are you planning to buy now? I myself want to buy a 720p projector within next 2 months.

optoma hd65 was #2 on my list of projectors. It is available in India with the audio people (I think at 65k).
It was also available at Onkyo Delhi (CR Park) for the same price.

optoma hd65 was #2 on my list of projectors. It is available in India with the audio people (I think at 65k).
It was also available at Onkyo Delhi (CR Park) for the same price.

What about Epson Tw700?

Well

Epson TW700 is a good one , has good reviews but is expensive, couple of months ago when i had checked with epson, it was costing 90 k , plus taxes,

Hitachi still is running with PJ TX300 model, and have not launch any other model after the same till now.

Optom HD 65 is a gr8 projector and has loads of decent reviews, i will recommend the same, i am myself planning to buy the same once my room is setup..

I myself like the pana ax 200 alot , but reading the posts on flicker issues and bulb life on economy mode, i am staying away from the same , no offence meant to current pana ax200 users, if you are above 300 hours and its running gr8, enjoy it, its a gr8 machine

So, if not Panansonic, what are you planning to buy now? I myself want to buy a 720p projector within next 2 months.

So far I have auditioned Panasonic AE 2000, which is excellent but way above my budget at 140k. Hitachi PJ 300 is also kind of expensive given the fact that its only 720p and costs about the same as Pana 2000 which 1280p. Not sure at this moment. One thing I am sure about is that I would go LCD way. Also had a chance to audition Hitachi TX100 which is going for a bargain price though its a older model. It kind of fits my pre-reqs. To be honest I am heavily leaning towards this at the moment. Anyone's got any feedback on this one? I figure this doesnt have HDMI, not a big for me at the moment. I think component can pass 720p signal.

Any way my Pana AX200 dream is over. I am staying away from that.

So far I have auditioned Panasonic AE 2000, which is excellent but way above my budget at 140k. Hitachi PJ 300 is also kind of expensive given the fact that its only 720p and costs about the same as Pana 2000 which 1280p. Not sure at this moment. One thing I am sure about is that I would go LCD way. Also had a chance to audition Hitachi TX100 which is going for a bargain price though its a older model. It kind of fits my pre-reqs. To be honest I am heavily leaning towards this at the moment. Anyone's got any feedback on this one? I figure this doesnt have HDMI, not a big for me at the moment. I think component can pass 720p signal.

Any way my Pana AX200 dream is over. I am staying away from that.

Well the Tx 100 has a DVI port, u can use a hdmi to dvi convertor and connect hdmi output to the same, there was a special sale on for these machines from sight and sound where there were costing around 50k and were coming with company warranty

After doing my own research, my views are -
Pana ax 200 is still the best projector out there. Flicker problem is not specific to pana, it plagues all LCD projectors. It gets reported in web for pana because pana has such large user base. Somehow running it in 'economy' mode, brings out the problem sooner. My conclusion is that if one uses 'normal' mode for first few 100 hrs this problem can be kept at bay for longer.
The other reported problem in pana is 'soft' picture due to its "smooth screen" functionality. This is done to remove 'screen door effect'. I don't know whether this functionality can be turned off.

I am now again leaning towards pana ax200!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back