Panasonic DMP-60

hi sinister,
thanks for the early response. however it works out to be exhorbitant 299$ for the player, 175$ for shipping and customs duty on top of that. not worth it. Can i get the mod chip somewhere out here in india so i can import the player through 20 north?
Thanks.

Yes it's make sense to import player through 20north and then buy the mod kit seperately from either bluraymods.com or stegen.com go to their website and choose the DIY kit option.

hi sinister,
thanks for the early response. however it works out to be exhorbitant 299$ for the player, 175$ for shipping and customs duty on top of that. not worth it. Can i get the mod chip somewhere out here in india so i can import the player through 20 north?
Thanks.

Hi,

Check with svenkateshmart from this forum, he was mentioning that he knows somebody in chennai who can make a duplicate version of the MOD, for some price.......... provided you give him an original one for reference. More detailed info can be give by venkat himself.

cheers.

pm123 - fully modded Panna BD 60 are available for $299 - the lowest shipping quoted is $78 .....these are US based sites. If you cannot find them let me know...

pm123 - fully modded Panna BD 60 are available for $299 - the lowest shipping quoted is $78 .....these are US based sites. If you cannot find them let me know...

Pls tell me the sites. The custom duty should also be considered when we take out the final cost. I hope it is not exhorbitant.

Try : HOLIDAY SHIPPING SCHEDULE

Select the Blu-Ray players link on the left.
There are also several offers right now on ebay for the BD 60 at $299 and shipping now lowest quoted for India is $68
You could ask them to mark it as a gift and value it lower .i.e; the player for about $130 ( current price approx) and the remaining as Mod costs, so in your invoice, customs duty, if charged, should be on $130 or so...some others on this board have paid only around Rs 2000 for higher valued players, so hopefully all told, you should have your player for around $375 / 400 all inclusive, which is about 20K ?
Happy hunting.

i am planning to import pana BD60 from 20 north. Can anybodu pls suggest where to get the mod chip in india. if possible i want to buy the mod kit from india.
Regards,
Piyush.

Nope you wont get Mod chip from India, else people would have got it from here, however as you can see every body who ordered the chip from stegen elect or blueraymods.com has got the delivery intact and on time so I dont see any serious reason to doubt importing from these sites. I got it from stegen, intact well packed and well on time.

Guys... Is Amazon VOD is available on these BD60/80 Players through internet? Members from AVS forum claiming its available.

Regards
Satya.

Hi,

Bravo! Thatz great. So, you're having a nice time! I will be ordering one soon.

Cheers!

Hi,

You can take it to a panasonic service centre and they will do it for a nominal price.

And since most of the BD's getting released now are region free or Region A (if it's the US version) I guess modding is not so mandatory, unless you plan to get your's BD's from UK or plan to get a region C BD locally. Cause, all the BD's which I've right now are either region free or region A, hardly any are region B/C, and in future also i guess most of it will be region free or region A.................so at the end of the day the modding dosent help me much. So based on your preferences, make your decision wether you want to mod your player or not. Again this is just my thaught's, so one can decide for onself.......... and I know a lot of people relay on UK's amazon for BD for price factor as opposed to US amazon, in that case you need to mod the player.

ENJOY!!!!.
cheers.

Which exact chip has to be modded?

Hi,

The chip can be seen in the image's posted by sam9s. Basically the extra things you need are six lead free solder wires with which you connect the chip to the player and a soldering gun and some soldering stick made of Zinc/Tin. I got all these from my college's Electronics lab(still in touch with them;)). Then you first solder the wires to the chip as mentioned in the manual, and sloder the corresponding ends on the player's circuit board. That's it.:). Now your player is region free.

cheers.

Hi,

You can take it to a panasonic service centre and they will do it for a nominal price.

And since most of the BD's getting released now are region free or Region A (if it's the US version) I guess modding is not so mandatory, unless you plan to get your's BD's from UK or plan to get a region C BD locally. Cause, all the BD's which I've right now are either region free or region A, hardly any are region B/C, and in future also i guess most of it will be region free or region A.................so at the end of the day the modding dosent help me much. So based on your preferences, make your decision wether you want to mod your player or not. Again this is just my thaught's, so one can decide for onself.......... and I know a lot of people relay on UK's amazon for BD for price factor as opposed to US amazon, in that case you need to mod the player.

ENJOY!!!!.
cheers.

Yes, you are right. This is certainly something to think about, but I am having a tough time playing DVDs as well. I am going to try the remote hack using the universal remote this weekend based on codes given by my friend, and will see if it works. Else I would have to go for this option, though I have a DVDP.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers!

Guys,

2nv5o4l.jpg

BTW also got the LCD this weekend, will post a complete review in a seperate thread....

The chip next to modded looks similar.Is that old chip locked to reg A?
Is it bypassed by new chip?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back