Panasonic Plasma ST60: Ownership thread

I have now completed almost 300 hours of tv viewing on my Plasma ST60 and completed my break-in period. In this time, my tv settings were at the minimal - brightness, sharpness and contrast 0 and color 19. I need to reset my settings for normal viewing. What would be ideal settings for the best picture?

I have now completed almost 300 hours of tv viewing on my Plasma ST60 and completed my break-in period. In this time, my tv settings were at the minimal - brightness, sharpness and contrast 0 and color 19. I need to reset my settings for normal viewing. What would be ideal settings for the best picture?

Just swith over to the "true cinema" mode which is the most accurate setting.
Hope this setting is there like in my st50.

Congratulations Kalyana.
That reminds me. I have to check how many hours has it been for us.

For me, contrast at 35 and brightness close to zero is fine in most cases.
In the night, we switch on a 5W CFL behind the TV and switch off the other lights. That reduces the light strain due to bulbs around the room. Seems to be working for us.
The True Cinema mode does bring out better picture, but I think it may also be due to the 'warm' colour setting in that profile.

There was a software update that came out recently (I updated it on Sunday). I am not sure what is new.

@sanjeevji: So far the experience is very positive.
Yesterday, when I looked at my neighbour's Sony CRT (perhaps 29"), I could see gray bars on top and bottom.
This means I am now used to seeing blacks, and can easily identify grays. :)

Coupled with a Raspberry Pi and a 2 TB network hard disk, and a 2.1 wood speaker system, I have everything I need to make this a good home theater environment.

The year is ending, so I thought I should post some information pertaining to the model ST60.
As per Zauba.com which has the import database, about 100 units of 50ST60 have been imported in India starting from April 2013 till 7th November 2013.

This explains why people have not been able to buy the TV, since 100 TV's in a country of 1.2 billion is like a needle in a scrapyard.

Those who are interested to know more about the parts inside the TV and a few diagrams, can head over to this link.

God knows when we will bury this thread. Frankly i am tried of talks of ST60 coming, and how many are in transit and what all. Panasonic plasma is as good as dead in India and they would not be selling any more. Time for people to accept that fact and move on with it. I don't think its the end of the world and we will get much better technology and sets in future.

Yep, you're right. Their BHI confirmed that ST60 isn't coming anymore so I've dropped the idea of getting it and aiming for DT60. They're planning to refund or replace faulty ST50 / ST60s with DT60. They've like 4-5 replacements of ST50 / ST60 pending...

My Panasonic 50ST60 will complete 6 years soon.
I am thinking of putting it up for sale since I need to move abroad soon.

Would anyone be interested in a plasma?
I have the wall mounting kit somewhere at home and also the original box.

The TV works as good as it was when we bought it. No complains at all.

My Panasonic 50ST60 will complete 6 years soon.
I am thinking of putting it up for sale since I need to move abroad soon.

Would anyone be interested in a plasma?
I have the wall mounting kit somewhere at home and also the original box.

The TV works as good as it was when we bought it. No complains at all.
If it’s working well you should never sell it. The picture quality is excellent. My GT50 unfortunately has vertical lines all over. I still use it for the PQ :)

If it’s working well you should never sell it. The picture quality is excellent. My GT50 unfortunately has vertical lines all over. I still use it for the PQ :)
As I wrote I am moving out of country. I would prefer that someone uses the TV instead of it collecting dust and remaining unused.

Hello all,

Just wanted to check if there's anyone out there wanting to part with their ST60 (preferably) or other Panasonic plasma? Please let me know.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back