Panasonic Plasma ST60: Ownership thread

Any idea how the 60 or 65 ST60 would cost? The Panasonic Brandshop guys in Calcutta claim they are unaware of this model. Possibly trying to pawn off old stock.

It is unlikely that these large size ST60 models will be released/available in India. But I would expect 65ST60 to be around 200k.

I had a detailed chat with the Panny Auth dealer in Mumbai on Plasma TV's. He confided that Panny is slowly trying to get out of the consumer Plasma TV biz in India

guys HD picture is outstanding on my new 50S60 after calibration....i researched
for days as far as calibration is concerned and finally got the right settings....everything has improved drastically....the colours...the blacks....clarity...shadow detail...everything is perfect now...so anybody who don't want 3D the S60 is a very good choice.....

thanks dirac... so what tv are u going to buy...i think vt60 will be soon released in india...check out panasonic.net (asian models)....

Thanks for that info man.
I am currently enjoying my st50 the same way you are enjoying your s60.
Btw I have asked my cousin who is currently in Australia to bring the 55vt60.
It could come to around 1.7l including customs.
Is there a chance I can get vt60 if released here for a better price?

i think only the 65 inch vt60 will be released in india...so it might be costlier than the 55vt60....better go for a 65 inch screen because now you have got the 50st50....from 50 to 55 you will not see much difference...better go for the 65 inch vt60....panasonic plasma experience on a 65 inch....heaven on earth....
btw panasonic is the best...

Thanks for that info man.
I am currently enjoying my st50 the same way you are enjoying your s60.
Btw I have asked my cousin who is currently in Australia to bring the 55vt60.
It could come to around 1.7l including customs.
Is there a chance I can get vt60 if released here for a better price?

i think only the 65 inch vt60 will be released in india...so it might be costlier than the 55vt60....better go for a 65 inch screen because now you have got the 50st50....from 50 to 55 you will not see much difference...better go for the 65 inch vt60....panasonic plasma experience on a 65 inch....heaven on earth....
btw panasonic is the best...

Hi, this is Kumar. New to this site and thread. After a lot of research, deliberations and waiting, finally placed an order for the Panasonic 50ST60 last evening at Rajesh Trading. The cost apparently has shot up by 4% on account of the rupee dollar exchange relationship. Rajesh said the cost is 1.33 Lacs and he offered me the television at 1.20 Lacs. I got two extra 3D glasses for 5000. He also said the warranty applicable is 3 years. While at the Demo, i noticed that Bluray pics were above the Sony W950 which was the option I was considering. I wasnt looking for out of the world colours and therefore did not mind the grey tint on white screen. There a lot of features and I dont think I would be using most of them. For me picture quality was paramount and I found that LEDs have some distance to cover. Previous day I noticed that in the Arsenal Vs Aston Villa game, Jenkinson's name on the jersey flickered a lot on the W800 and was more clear on the W950 (ESPN HD). However, there was no such flicker on the Panasonic in the Chelsea Vs Hull City game. The pic was what I expected it to be. Plain, smooth and no flicker. SD channels are a pain often and I seriously wish we will have a lot of HD channels by early next year. The demo at the store was on Videocon D2H and I sincerely hope my TataSky HD would be better. The delivery would be on 20 Aug and I would start my break in on that day itself. So around Deepavali I can start watching TV normally. Will need a lot of advice on how to get into the routine and take care of my TV. Its predominantly gonna be used by my parents. This is a replacement for my Panasonic Tube TV (29FJ75C) I had bought from the same store ( and then another better version for my sis as well). The hunt which began in November 2012, finally, concluded. My first experience with a plasma. Wish me luck. Just4kix, youre the piedpiper ;)

Looking for a Pioneer AV Receiver and DVD player. Anyone knows where I can get them in Pune?

Last edited:
Hi, this is Kumar. New to this site and thread. After a lot of research, deliberations and waiting, finally placed an order for the Panasonic 50ST60 last evening at Rajesh Trading. The cost apparently has shot up by 4% on account of the rupee dollar exchange relationship. Rajesh said the cost is 1.33 Lacs and he offered me the television at 1.20 Lacs. I got two extra 3D glasses for 5000. He also said the warranty applicable is 3 years. While at the Demo, i noticed that Bluray pics were above the Sony W950 which was the option I was considering. I wasnt looking for out of the world colours and therefore did not mind the grey tint on white screen. There a lot of features and I dont think I would be using most of them. For me picture quality was paramount and I found that LEDs have some distance to cover. Previous day I noticed that in the Arsenal Vs Aston Villa game, Jenkinson's name on the jersey flickered a lot on the W800 and was more clear on the W950 (ESPN HD). However, there was no such flicker on the Panasonic in the Chelsea Vs Hull City game. The pic was what I expected it to be. Plain, smooth and no flicker. SD channels are a pain often and I seriously wish we will have a lot of HD channels by early next year. The demo at the store was on Videocon D2H and I sincerely hope my TataSky HD would be better. The delivery would be on 20 Aug and I would start my break in on that day itself. So around Deepavali I can start watching TV normally. Will need a lot of advice on how to get into the routine and take care of my TV. Its predominantly gonna be used by my parents. This is a replacement for my Panasonic Tube TV (29FJ75C) I had bought from the same store ( and then another better version for my sis as well). The hunt which began in November 2012, finally, concluded. My first experience with a plasma. Wish me luck. Just4kix, youre the piedpiper ;)

Looking for a Pioneer AV Receiver and DVD player. Anyone knows where I can get them in Pune?

This is a link from ndtv.com about possible price hike.

"We are keenly observing the rupee movement and will pass to consumers only if the it depreciates further and falls below 62 against the dollar. The quantum of price hike will depend on the situation," Panasonic India MD Manish Sharma said.

So you may want to confirm from Panasonic to make sure that the dealer is not taking for a ride.

Consumer durables may cost up to 5 per cent more this festive season, rupee movement eyed - NDTVProfit.com

You have also mentioned that it will be predominantly used by your parents. Would they be mostly watching blu-ray movies? What I have observed is that our parents are mostly interested in TV serials/soap operas which are in SD. Hence good upscaling of SD to HD is mandatory, where Sony scores due to its Reality-Pro engine.

Last edited:
Kumar - I am also debating between a ST60 (if I can demo one) and Sony W800/950. My content will be similar to yours - BD, DVD movies and HD sports.

Did you like the ST better than W950?

I have same concern as Sanjeevji - if the tv will be used by your folks, does pq and black levels matter as much to them? Would they know how to nurse a plasma initially (IR, controlled lighting, etc) ..

Finally, what do you think of the new look Chelsea? Are they serious title contenders .. :)

Hi, this is Kumar. New to this site and thread. After a lot of research, deliberations and waiting, finally placed an order for the Panasonic 50ST60 last evening at Rajesh Trading. The cost apparently has shot up by 4% on account of the rupee dollar exchange relationship. Rajesh said the cost is 1.33 Lacs and he offered me the television at 1.20 Lacs. I got two extra 3D glasses for 5000.

While it is true that INR is becoming weak, please check with Sakura (the second dealer in Pune) about the pricing and availability.

Rajesh Trading guys are not customer centric at all, by the way.

Also get pricing from the Ghatkopar showroom. That will give you an idea about the current rate.

I have not seen an issue with the ST60 (touch wood) in last 1.5 months.

However, if your parents are going to use it, then perhaps you need to train them about the nuances of the active phosphor.

If I compare HD of TataSky with DishTV, I find no difference, so Videocon D2H should be no different. Audio is a different matter (perhaps).

Edit: For SD channels stick to 42" if you can. That is the best considering price/ performance.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back