Panasonic Plasma ST60: Ownership thread

The delivery would be on 20 Aug and I would start my break in on that day itself.

Hi Kumar,
I had booked the 50ST60 2 weeks ago at the Panasonic brandshop in Bangalore and was told that the next consignment will come in around August 16th. But yesterday their Sales Manager called me to say that it has been delayed in Customs and I will get it only after 15 days (month end).

Would you know if your delivery tomorrow is from a new stock or existing stock?

I'm beginning to suspect my guy is pulling a fast one on me.:mad:

Cheers,
Sanjay

Hi, this is Kumar. New to this site and thread. After a lot of research, deliberations and waiting, finally placed an order for the Panasonic 50ST60 last evening at Rajesh Trading. The cost apparently has shot up by 4% on account of the rupee dollar exchange relationship. Rajesh said the cost is 1.33 Lacs and he offered me the television at 1.20 Lacs. I got two extra 3D glasses for 5000. He also said the warranty applicable is 3 years. While at the Demo, i noticed that Bluray pics were above the Sony W950 which was the option I was considering. I wasnt looking for out of the world colours and therefore did not mind the grey tint on white screen. There a lot of features and I dont think I would be using most of them. For me picture quality was paramount and I found that LEDs have some distance to cover. Previous day I noticed that in the Arsenal Vs Aston Villa game, Jenkinson's name on the jersey flickered a lot on the W800 and was more clear on the W950 (ESPN HD). However, there was no such flicker on the Panasonic in the Chelsea Vs Hull City game. The pic was what I expected it to be. Plain, smooth and no flicker. SD channels are a pain often and I seriously wish we will have a lot of HD channels by early next year. The demo at the store was on Videocon D2H and I sincerely hope my TataSky HD would be better. The delivery would be on 20 Aug and I would start my break in on that day itself. So around Deepavali I can start watching TV normally. Will need a lot of advice on how to get into the routine and take care of my TV. Its predominantly gonna be used by my parents. This is a replacement for my Panasonic Tube TV (29FJ75C) I had bought from the same store ( and then another better version for my sis as well). The hunt which began in November 2012, finally, concluded. My first experience with a plasma. Wish me luck. Just4kix, youre the piedpiper ;)

Looking for a Pioneer AV Receiver and DVD player. Anyone knows where I can get them in Pune?

Plasma anyday has a smoother picture than an LED. But many people like bright picture and also the nice design, slimness etc helped people to choose them. But frankly if you are going to use it mostly for SD then it may not be the best in PQ if you are buying a bigger panel. Normally PQ of all SD channels are between watchable/ bearable and unbearable. The size of the TVs normally accentuates the problem (does not matter whether LED or Plasma). So be sure about your usage in the coming times before finalising the size.

Vishal, my criteria was motion blur coz that is the one thing I found LEDs are not able to handle yet. On that count, the ST50 did score over the W950. In fact, it appears to me that W800 is a more preferable television as the kind of content you need to watch on W950 for it to justify its existence is not yet available. W800 was more beautiful though bluray was wow on W950, especially if you like a bit too much of colors. Like I said, i could see the ball clearly on the plasma but on the LED, it looked the same way you would see if you change to the 2D to 3D conversion and watch without glasses. Thats precisely the thing i didnt want. As for the size, well, ST50 comes only in one size in india. Thats the 50 inch. Its true that SD pic quality is bad in too much of fast motion, like in the football match but it was good in the cricket match. So for football games, I have HD. Problem solved, i presume.

The guy who demoed the product told me that they were facing problems 2 weeks back as they were not getting products. But now they are able to give me a box pack and they can arrange for a company guy to fix it at my place.

As for the controls, my parents normally watch in the same mode that I set it in. Even in my tube tv, they would only change channels and volume. They dont understand picture settings or sound settings. So i will be controlling that part and keeping an eye on the other aspects such as IR and burn-in. I normally watch during weekends and I watch only football usually. I saw that HD handles the picture very well. Thats why this TV.

As for the price check, I checked last time (November) with Sakura and they usually sell at their fixed price. I checked Sakura's Baner store last time for the 50GT50 and they quoted 1.25 when Rajesh quoted 1.06. I found similar near MRP pricing at their MG Rd store as well. Also see Push's post on the 2013 Plasma thread, he was quoted 1.19 for the 50ST60 in Bangalore. My experience with my tube tv and my sis's tube tv has been very good. Both were from Rajesh's store. I hope this one works equally well for me.

And Vishal, as for Chelsea's chances, its too early to predict the final results. Lets see how ManCity, ManUtd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs perform. As a decade plus fan of Chelsea though, I think they will be impressive and serious contenders, especially with Mourinho in there. Didnt you notice how much the fans support him? :)

Last edited:
And Vishal, as for Chelsea's chances, its too early to predict the final results. Lets see how ManCity, ManUtd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs perform. As a decade plus fan of Chelsea though, I think they will be impressive and serious contenders, especially with Mourinho in there. Didnt you notice how much the fans support him? :)

Bit off the topic but I thought Chelsea played with a lot of energy and creativity. They look like the team to challenge Man U. Just like Man-City was last night, attacking best. It is going to be a cracker of a series ..

Guys - put your seat-belts on, get your popcorn/beer and buy your TV's soon :)

I need to run the black and white bars on my ST60. Is that to be procured on a CD seperately or is it available on the TV itself?

Its been 10 days since i have been playing the tv at home. My settings are reduced far more than advised. I have chosen the custom mode. Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness all are at 0. Only color is set to 19. But even at this setting, the picture quality is good. HD channels look good. MTunes HD, NatGeo HD and ESPN HD are the ones i watch usually. Sony HD was great on the first day. Ive not played that channel since. I had the tv running for about 10 hours yesterday. This was the first time it was played this long. TV heats up upon long play so i keep the fan above it On as there only a door on that side and no other ventilation. I saw a lot of dithering at the store on Videocon D2H at the store while the demo was on. But my TATASky HD produces good picture. Moreover, my viewing distance is above 12 feet, which probably neutralises any dithering it may have on the SD channel. But even from about 5 ft, i see a good picture quality level with my current settings.

I intend to change to a much better level at the end of September. Sound quality is set to Ambience with bass and treble turned to full and surround on in the Stadium mode which produces the best alive sound in my opinion. I run the scroll bars available in the screen settings option in picture settings about an hour or more to neutralise any image retention signs not visible to my eye at the moment. This also adds to my break-in usage. On the whole, i find the tv to be good.

My neighbor came in yesterday with his family to see the tv and was very impressed. Especially coz i answered with a yes to all the questions he had. Full hd? yes. 3d? yes. DLNA? Yes. Wifi? yes. And i forgot to tell him all my picture settings other than color are at 0 :) :).

While i understand that i dont know the features on this tv completely yet ( always happens to me with all techproducts) i see that my parents, for whatever they understand about the set, are so proud of it. I hope Panasonic will now launch their higher end models. If not, all pana lovers should join hands to submit a request to launch the VT and ZT models atleast upon order, if not otherwise.

Your suggestion is very good. Panasonic should be forced to sell their vt60 and zt60 in india.
It should know that there are people like me who want to go to any length to own the vt60.

Guys, is there any place i can check for ST60 in Hyderabad? I tried almost all shops and every one says the same reply that Panasonic is not shipping any Plasma TVs.

Hi everyone, just bought the ST60 over the weekend.:yahoo:

Price: 1.10 in Bangalore.

Haven't unboxed it yet.

Have opened it up. This is how it looks:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379573098.256157.jpg
PQ is better than this pic! It's my lousy camera. SD is hit and miss. DVD is great if it's a good transfer. SD cable is bad (compared to my previous tv - a panasonic SD plasma) so had to turn down all the settings.
Here's another angle.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379573351.736786.jpg

now watch all your favourite videos on youtube in HD on your HDTV....
1.Go to YouTube
2.Type the song name or any video name in the search bar of youtube...
and click the search button
3.The video is played on youtube....
4.Copy the link on the address bar by selecting the link and by pressing
control C....
5.Go to KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!
6.Paste the link in keepvid.com (control V) and click the Download button
7.The MP4 video links are displayed in different resolutions(480p,720p,1080p)
8.Now click the resolution which is supported by your HDTV to download the video.
9.Copy all your videos to a pendrive and use it on your tv or bluray player....
10.Enjoy....

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back