Panasonic Plasma ST60: Ownership thread

Damn - I haven't sent the bill to Panasonic - bought my ST50 back in November 2012. Am I still allowed to do so? Or is the bill sufficient?

guys finally booked the 50s60 because i don't use 3D and Smart tv....i was inclined towards samsung ps51f5500 but chose not to go for it for its very high reflectivity,weak in blocking ambient light and very ordinary design....and kind of obsessed with black levels .....so chose the s60 over ps51f5500....concluded that s60 was better in performance,appearance and picture...so anybody not interested in 3D and smart tv, the s60 is a good choice....it looks good and offers very good picture rendition.....

guys finally booked the 50s60 because i don't use 3D and Smart tv....i was inclined towards samsung ps51f5500 but chose not to go for it for its very high reflectivity,weak in blocking ambient light and very ordinary design....and kind of obsessed with black levels .....so chose the s60 over ps51f5500....concluded that s60 was better in performance,appearance and picture...so anybody not interested in 3D and smart tv, the s60 is a good choice....it looks good and offers very good picture rendition.....

Congratulations on your acquisition.

Congratulations.
Expecting a review.
Thanks.

thanks guys....will definitely share my thoughts on the tv....may be even post some screenshots also....this is my first 50 inch tv and i am super excited....

finally got my 50s60 yesterday....looks very big in my bedroom....fantastic black levels....but definitely not on par with st60.....picture rendition is very good for a budget tv...very good colours and good shadow detail too...dithering noise is very less compared to st60 since it is not as bright as the st60....blurays look fantastic......HD channels look very good and SD is OK....but again i don't watch SD to be very frank .... plasmas are known for their realistic and natural picture rendition and s60 continues that rendition...

Hey Guys,

I'm from Pune, have been hunting for demo of this set, but can't find a shop which has a demo piece available.

Any one from Pune (just4kix? :)) aware which shop would be having this, or have higher probability of a demo piece for display? I stay at Aundh area.

Thanks.

The Panasonic Brand shop on Baner Rd, near Symantec office is the closest to you. Try there. If not, try at Rajesh Trading Company, Daruwala Pool, Kasba Peth.

Hey Guys,

I'm from Pune, have been hunting for demo of this set, but can't find a shop which has a demo piece available.

Any one from Pune (just4kix? :)) aware which shop would be having this, or have higher probability of a demo piece for display? I stay at Aundh area.

Thanks.

You can call both the brand shops and check with them on the current situation, but I am not sure if they would have demo pieces. These things are in short supply and getting sold even without a demo.

Someone mentioned that new stock had arrived 10 days ago but I am not sure if I can believe that.

Edit: I tried the IMAX Under the Sea 3D movie (around 6.2 GB for 40 min of video with DTS audio).

What I realized is that there is no way to convert 3D (SBS) to 2D.
The 2D mode will just display the picture in side-by-side mode, whereas the 3D mode does the super-imposing of the images.

I had to pair the 3D goggles again in order to experience any depth. I was happy with the performance, but I don't have too much experience in this area to compare.

Now, all my 3 HDMI ports are utilized and I hope I don't need a fourth one soon.

Raspberry Pi works well with the TV. I can use my Panasonic remote to control XBMC on my RPi. I can download subtitles directly using XBMC and they look a lot better than what Panasonic can display natively.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Thanks.

Try east street , a panasonic shop just opposite to Maharashtra electronics ...

Guys, I had cancelled my order for an LED TV of Samsung after finding this site. :yahoo:
Now, please tell me if there is anyone in Bangalore who got a best deal for ST60. :cool:

Croma, (Banashankari) isn't selling panasonic plasma at all. :D

Please help me !!

Where to find this model in noida/delhi...
I have checked almost all the shops in NOIDA but no one has 50ST60 for order forget about demo.

the only place where ST60 is on display in Mumbai is at Panny brandshop, Ghatkopar, so barndshops are your best bet. as per my friend who is a service engineer at panny the demand for plasma from multi-brand retailers in india is next to none.

How about shipping it using 'borderlinx' etc from US to India ?
Did anyone try these ?

Will the local stores provide warranty or if the warranty is fully void ?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back