Panasonic Plasma- Strange Problem!!!

noking

Hi brought a pana plasma pv80 42,i found a strange problem when ever there is black or dark pic (scene) on screen i find a grill kind of reflection on the screen area dispalying black but when i shut all lights especially the tube light on my back those lines are not visble.i also took a torch and reflected the lighteon my plasma in switched off condition and those lines are visible(grill like lines running across the screen)is it normal or its some problem with my tv panel.

earler i had a lg 42" time mechine which i changed to panasonic some 15 days back and my lg never had this problem .

any Panasonic users who can check on there plasma tv and let me know..thanx

Hi brought a pana plasma pv80 42,i found a strange problem when ever there is black or dark pic (scene) on screen i find a grill kind of reflection on the screen area dispalying black but when i shut all lights especially the tube light on my back those lines are not visble.i also took a torch and reflected the lighteon my plasma in switched off condition and those lines are visible(grill like lines running across the screen)is it normal or its some problem with my tv panel.

earler i had a lg 42" time mechine which i changed to panasonic some 15 days back and my lg never had this problem .

Thats really strange. I never had any such problems with mine. Did you try contacting Pana service?

Hi:

Don't worry, that mesh like appearance is present in all Panasonic plasma tvs. It's how they are manufactured and won't affect PQ. When viewed from close to screen when TV switched off, all pana plasma users can view this mesh like appearance. I too have it in my PV8.:)

Hi friends

I have noticed strange thing on my Pana , that on the logo of the channels , there seems to cross lines appearing , now this is only on the logos,

Is any one of you facing the same ...

Regards
Abhishek .

vinod, that sounds like a harmless thing when the TV is off, but it is a matter of concern if it appears when the TV is on, have you ever seen it when your TV is on? if you haven't then noking might be suffering from some defect.

Hi:

Don't worry, that mesh like appearance is present in all Panasonic plasma tvs. It's how they are manufactured and won't affect PQ. When viewed from close to screen when TV switched off, all pana plasma users can view this mesh like appearance. I too have it in my PV8.:)

hi friends...The mesh like grill which appears on panel only when some light is reflected on screen from opposite direction on screen (i can clearly see the mesh in dark scenes (eg:a scene with any thing in black color) but when i switch off the tube light every thing is OK.

I have noticed the same issue (I dont want to refer to it as a problem) in my 42PV7. The mesh is very clearly visible only when ambient light is reflected on the screen in the "TV OFF" position. I have a full-wall (about 10' x 10') glass window opposite to the TV and I am using heavy double drapes to cut off the reflection. The drapes are in place when I am using the Pana and there is no reflection AT ALL on the screen when the TV is on.
Hence, the problem is not actually a problem. Not to worry guys, enjoy your purchase .......

i must shine a torch at my samsung and see if this problem exists on it as well...

Hi P

This has not been determined to be a problem as nothing appears to be affected by the presence of the grid. So hope you are not fishing for problems. Sit back, relax and enjoy your TV either off or on as they look good either way!

Now I have to check this out in my Panasonic PV8 and my Panasonic 32" LCD. Never noticed it till now though, but like flared said never watch the TV when its turned off.

Now I have to check this out in my Panasonic PV8 and my Panasonic 32" LCD. Never noticed it till now though, but like flared said never watch the TV when its turned off.

Did you ever get a chance to check this out?

Other Panasonic PV8/80 users, who recently purchased these Plasmas, do any of you notice this?

Well i don't think there is any problem or issue, with the same, so why waste time over it,

Did you ever get a chance to check this out?

Other Panasonic PV8/80 users, who recently purchased these Plasmas, do any of you notice this?

None with any of my Panasonics and I've three of them in a Plasma, LCD and a 29" CRT too. PQ is the best across all 3 of them (well at least in terms of what's available here in India).

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back