Panasonic-TH-42PZ80U-42-Plasma

gr_babu

Hi This is babu

When i was going through ebay.com

i came across Panasonic-TH-42PZ80U-42-Plasma Tv being offered at the following price

for Panasonic-TH-42PZ80U-42 Tv they has quoted US $1,179.00.

For shipping it to India through ups they had quoted $54.99 as shipping charges (shipping is from USA to India)

The total comes to around $1233.99 that means around rs 57000.

All i want to know is. Is this deal a good one. if yes u guys plzz tell me abt the Panasonic-TH-42PZ80U-42 Tv . will it be compatible in india.

following is the link where i found the deal

NEW Panasonic TH-42PZ80U 42" Plasma TV *FREE SHIPPING* - eBay (item 250298770115 end time Sep-27-08 14:07:08 PDT)

ur views plzz

thx

Last edited:
Well Babu ...

* Since this TV is offered from US, please ensure that this unit is a 220V version otherwise you have to spend a little more money for a good quality step down power unit.

* Think of the shipping risks and customs issues, if any.

* Even though you spend a little more, there are lots of brands/models are available in India itself. Why don't you check out different brands in different showrooms. Since there is a lot of competition between the brands you can strike a good deal here itself.

Best Regards,
Ramesh

Hi This is babu

When i was going through ebay.com

i came across Panasonic-TH-42PZ80U-42-Plasma Tv being offered at the following price

for Panasonic-TH-42PZ80U-42 Tv they has quoted US $1,179.00.

For shipping it to India through ups they had quoted $54.99 as shipping charges (shipping is from USA to India)

The total comes to around $1233.99 that means around rs 57000.

All i want to know is. Is this deal a good one. if yes u guys plzz tell me abt the Panasonic-TH-42PZ80U-42 Tv . will it be compatible in india.

following is the link where i found the deal

NEW Panasonic TH-42PZ80U 42" Plasma TV *FREE SHIPPING* - eBay (item 250298770115 end time Sep-27-08 14:07:08 PDT)

ur views plzz

thx

Well the custom duty will be 35% of the total cost, so keep that in mind before ordering the unit, also if there are any shipping damages, then what will you do for the same

thx for ur suggestion.

but here in india the above mentioned model is not available.

the above mentioned model is a full hd model, as u mentioned 35% of the total duty comes around 20k

Still 76 k is good for a full hd model which has got a very good review .

thz

Last edited:
well those tv are NTSC based and 110v so its a bad idea.

well about shipping the seller say he ships via USPS which means the tv will have to be collected from UR local post office after paying the customs.

and let me tell u i ordered a radio control truck which costed $400+$68 for shipping the item was tracked until it came to mumbai after which they dont have a clue as to where it went and to this day i havent got it.luckly the store gave a refund since i had opted for insurance.
but if u are shipping expensive stuff make sure u ship it via UPS ,FED EX,DHL.not USPS(united states postal service).

and lastly the the panasonic asian version is called TH-42PY800H altough not sure about its availabilty in india.

I don't think it is available now, may be launched shortly, but i don't think it will be that cheap

doesn't make sense boss....too many things could go wrong. If you're lucky and it all comes in one piece, then great, but is it worth taking such a chance with such an expensive piece of equipment?

guys thx for all the advice , i am dropping the idea of importing it, thx

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back