Panasonic UT50 (2012 model) Owners Thread

Flipkart has increased price of UT50 by 6k. Also this doesnt give free HT also !

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

does anyone noe anything about the u50d model.. coz i serched evrywer n i wan unable to find any info abt it online. im askin coz my plasma u30d died last mnth and the panay guys told they gimme the same or u50d in exchange im wondering ther is no u50d and they dun hav u30d either in stock.. how the hell m gonna get my plasma back...

But nobody talks about sound quality in the forums. All are concentrating on picture quality. I think home thaeter is must with all flat panel TVs. What if it is not given for free. Is the free gift given, is just because sound quality is bad in comparison to the competetion???. I am surprised then for what the settings like V surround, Pro surround are given. This is totally misleading. In my TV dialogues are OK but when it comes to music, its like lot of buzzing sound. I hope this is not a manufacturing defect and hence requesting for the friends experiences. MY free HT is not yet delivered.

thanx for the reply

The members of this forum (including me) are more critical about sound. After all, the sound contributes to 50% of the movie and theatre experience. In this respect, the tiny-winy speakers of the tv do not hold any acclaim, let alone critical acclaim. That does not mean ordinary users will find the sound bad. But crt tv with its large girth allow fitting of better sounding speakers.

As regards to free gift, I have certain views that you may read on my ST50 thread.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

The members of this forum (including me) are more critical about sound. After all, the sound contributes to 50% of the movie and theatre experience. In this respect, the tiny-winy speakers of the tv do not hold any acclaim, let alone critical acclaim. That does not mean ordinary users will find the sound bad. But crt tv with its large girth allow fitting of better sounding speakers.

As regards to free gift, I have certain views that you may read on my ST50 thread.

Guys,
What about normal 5.1 speakers which are not HT i.e : normal iball, logitech speakers . do they work on such plasma TVs. Guessing they might be cheap(5k - 8k) and value for money.

I am aware that their quality or experience might not be as good as onkyo or other high end stuff but cannot spend 25-30k immediately on HT.

Please do share your views or guide me to a topic which discuss this.

Thanks,
Myzus

Guys,
What about normal 5.1 speakers which are not HT i.e : normal iball, logitech speakers . do they work on such plasma TVs. Guessing they might be cheap(5k - 8k) and value for money.

I am aware that their quality or experience might not be as good as onkyo or other high end stuff but cannot spend 25-30k immediately on HT.

Please do share your views or guide me to a topic which discuss this.

Thanks,
Myzus

You will need a 5.1 sound decoder and amplifier. In that respect an entry level htib is good enough. But seriously. An Ht is required only for movies that is required with treater sound. I watch my st50 without any ht or speakers or soundbar.

Last edited:
If htib is what you want then you can look at those from sony, lg, samsung, panasonic, etc. All will be around 15-16k. But look at them if you are not looking for an interim/stopgap option. If looking at stopgap, then stop. Save money and buy a proper htib from onkyo, pioneer, denon, yamaha, etc.

does anyone noe anything about the u50d model.. coz i serched evrywer n i wan unable to find any info abt it online. im askin coz my plasma u30d died last mnth and the panay guys told they gimme the same or u50d in exchange im wondering ther is no u50d and they dun hav u30d either in stock.. how the hell m gonna get my plasma back...

U50D is not available in India as per Panasonic website

u50 is the basic, no smart tv, no 3d BUT full HD 2012 plasma TV from Panasonic. It is not for sale in India, but it has good reviews online for picture quality and color accuracy. Except for lack of connectivity options and 3d, it should be similar to a ut50.

Flipkart has increased price of UT50 by 6k. Also this doesnt give free HT also !

Free HT will come if the scheme is still ON. However surprised to see the new price 82K for 50UT50 against 76K i saw a month back and the model is out of stock. Infact all Plasma models are being quoted higher than what they were earlier and many are out of stock. Not sure if this is a price rise from backend or they just want to dissuade users from buying Panny Plasmas..;)

In continuation of my earlier post about posting photos of TV, I am attaching three photos taken with three different cameras (see top LHS of each photo). The video is 720p, played through USB and paused. Note the difference in tint across all three photos.

Attachments

• Phone 1.jpg
    Phone 1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Phone 2 flash (2).jpg
    Phone 2 flash (2).jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 181
  • ZZDSC02308.jpg
    ZZDSC02308.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 186
I have seen demo of 42XT50D and overall impressed.

comparing 42XT50D with 42UT50D:
- is there a notable difference while watching a BRD (FHD) OR viewing HD channel OR playing a FDH file ?
- what about 3D quality ?
- any other significant difference ?

the idea is to understand, what is really missed-out in practical aspect.

consider, in my case the viewing distance would be 6-9 feet.

thanks,

Last edited:
Watching bd fhd on an fhd panel will definitely be better. So yes, in that respect ut50 will be better.

I have seen demo of 42XT50D and overall impressed.

comparing 42XT50D with 42UT50D:
- is there a notable difference while watching a BRD (FHD) OR viewing HD channel OR playing a FDH file ?
- what about 3D quality ?
- any other significant difference ?

the idea is to understand, what is really missed-out in practical aspect.

consider, in my case the viewing distance would be 6-9 feet.

thanks,

Yes there would be notable difference in watching any FHD source like BRD bw the two.. infact HD channels might look better as well (and larger the size, it would be more apparent). Fast switching phosphor on UT50 is supposed to help with better 3D (and 2D) image quality.2500 Hz FFD for reproducing fast movement with good clarity. Slightly Higher Contrast might not add any value though.

thanks friends. from XT to UT means extra budget of 16-18K ?
plus glasses as I believe it doesnt come as package ! I will need min 3 glasses - model# of 2012 ?

have already posted at few places, but still waiting to hear about best prices within Mumbai.

thanks again,

thanks friends. from XT to UT means extra budget of 16-18K ?
plus glasses as I believe it doesnt come as package ! I will need min 3 glasses - model# of 2012 ?

I think price difference is 14k approx (62-63K for 42UT50 & 48-49K for 42XT50). 2 Glasses come with UT50 and 1-2 with XT50 however you should confirm that with dealer as well.

I think price difference is 14k approx (62-63K for 42UT50 & 48-49K for 42XT50). 2 Glasses come with UT50 and 1-2 with XT50 however you should confirm that with dealer as well.

thanks rajat for the fast response. w.r.t glasses, I have confusions. this Sun at local Croma the person told 2 glasses inbuilt with XT, whereas other forum I read default no glasses with XT or even UT, apart from any nego deal. even the Pana IN website says no glasses with XT/UT. pl confirm.
thanks.

thanks rajat for the fast response. w.r.t glasses, I have confusions. this Sun at local Croma the person told 2 glasses inbuilt with XT, whereas other forum I read default no glasses with XT or even UT, apart from any nego deal. even the Pana IN website says no glasses with XT/UT. pl confirm.
thanks.

Website is not updated - I got 2 glasses with my 50UT50 and everyone I know (apart from amprasad who got some special deal at low price) who purchased any Panny Plasma model got 2 glasses.

thanks again Rajat. "any pana plasma" - are they within the tv box pack ?
what will be cost of additional glass ?

sry for bothering, wanted to be sure before finalizing with any dealer !

Last edited:
Back