Panasonic VIERA TH-P42U30D and Prices

riteshmadhok

Planning to get the Panasonic VIERA TH-P42U30D, want to know the feedback on it and the prices that ae floating around for it. Await some good info for the Panny.

What you selected is good model price range will be abt 39-40k to my knowledge this best so for
I very much doubt that. The Pana 42X30D is being sold for 37-38k. The 42U30D should be around 47-50k.

The 50U30D is being quoted at 68~70k.

Spot on just4kix, I am offered the Pana 42U30D for 45k here in Mumbai.
The G14 panel of U30 is much better than the G13 panel of U20. The new panel has much deeper blacks, though falls short of the neoPDP of V20. But all in all U30 is a huge improvement over U20.

45k for 42U30D is not bad. Check the warranty. Panasonic offers one year warranty on the whole TV and 3 years on the panel.

Not sure about the U30 , but I saw the V20 in action it is one hell of a plasma.:cool: Highly recomended for plasma lovers , provided they are happy paying 60k for a 42 incher ....

Same with many stores in bangalore ... I am waiting to see VT30 and ST30. :licklips:Looks like they are not going to land here any time soon.:mad:

Yes and no. A well balanced answer. :lol:

Seriously? I would say that 42V20 is twice as better as 42U20. But when it comes to 42U30, the difference, according to me, is just 10-20% (V20 being better of course). Unless you are true videophile, you will not notice much difference. At a distance of 7-8 feet, only the deepest black scenes will make the difference.

Be it as it may, considering that 42V20 is around 60-65k, the extra cost nullifies a lot of advantage.

But the main point of view is that V20 is now discontnued and you may be able to get leftover stock only.

Yes, the P42V20D is available in Hyderabad. Price quoted 69K in Reliance Digital, 65K in PCH EZone. There was a display piece on sale in Chroma for 60K.

Prices quoted in Hyderabad for 42X30 - 39K, 50X30 - 56K, 42U30 - 45K and 50U30 - 65K.

I saw the Pana 50V20D side by side with one U30 and one X30. You can clearly make out that the picture is much better on the 20D.

I am toying between a 50' Plasma and a 46" Sony LCD. The 50V20 is unfortunately priced too high in Hyderabad - the best quote was 97K. The Sony 46CX520 is available for 69K - it looks great, has good picture quality and it is a 2011 model. I cannot afford the 50V20, so I have to decide between the Pana 50U30 and the Sony 46C520.

While the VIERA TH-P50V20D sounds good but expensive any thoughts on smart LED's-47LV5500(@73K) LG-42LW5700 a 3d TV with normal polarised glasses (@72K). Or will you still recommend a Pansonic plasma & if yes which one . I am yet to reach my conclusions and need help Thanks

I have just bought this model (P42U30D) for 42k and its one hell of a piece. Got the Tata Sky+ HD installed already. Picture and sound clarity is amazing. I have been waiting to buy a plasma for quite some time, but it was well worth the wait.

Since I do not have much knowledge of what specifications to keep initially so that performance is good over long term, any suggestions are welcome

I have just bought this model (P42U30D) for 42k and its one hell of a piece. Got the Tata Sky+ HD installed already. Picture and sound clarity is amazing. I have been waiting to buy a plasma for quite some time, but it was well worth the wait.

Since I do not have much knowledge of what specifications to keep initially so that performance is good over long term, any suggestions are welcome

can u please tell me location from where you bought that
:)

Excellent TV, got it for 40.5K last week. Amazing pq with Airtel HD. I am enjoying every moment watching HD movies and even the daily soaps have become more lively for family.

@jaycee, I have kept the contrast at 48, brightness at 0, color at 36 and sharpness at 25. I guess there is some run in time with the plasma and have heard from friends that there will be some improvement post a week or so of running. Not sure how true it is.
The PQ looks amazing with higher contrast thou.

@icemanz, could you please tell me from where did you get your P42U30D at just 40.5k.
Any festive season offer alongwith it?

Back