Panel problem-Samsung 51E8000

duggirala_in

Hi,

My Samsung PDP 51E8000 bought in 2012 has suddenly stopped working. Its not showing any thing on screen after switching on the power and the power indicator is blinking. Samsung Service guy has checked and confirmed that panel needs to be replaced and costs 47000 with 1 year warranty :sad:
Has anyone faced similar issue. Since the replacement cost is high, planning to take new LED TV.

Will LED have same panel issues and with above experience, planning to avoid Samsung.

I have faced similar issues twice, once with samsung (erstwhile LCD tv) and recently with Sony LED.
For Sammy the replacement cost quoted was 13k exactly after 3 years of use. Ended up exchanging for new sony bravia LED. Got extended warranty for sony (1+2). The panel conked exactly after 3 yrs..had been using a voltage stabiliser this time.!
Raised a complaint with sony. Answer was replace panel for 28k...tried to reach highest levels of sony management with customer complaint. Finally they offered me a new updated model (smart tv), couple of inches larger (48 instead of 46) for the price of the panel...
The fight was long, tough and exhausting [emoji849][emoji21] but got a new TV
Still feel short changed though.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Viper08 suggestion.Go for a TV from VFM brands like VU or Micromax,rather than spend lakhs of rupees on bigger brands.In the end the TV is going to work for 4 or 5 years only.

I have spoken to Samsung guys but they are not willing for exchange by any means. Planning to buy LG 43UH650T 108 cm (43") with extended 3year warranty cossting 10000 more than VU 43 inch+extended warranty.

One of my plasma TVs just had a similar problem develop all of a sudden yesterday.
The screen goes off after some time but the power LED stays on.

Have called the service guys to take a look.

Had very bad experience with Samsung TV. Their Customer service was quite pathetic.
Thinking twice now to invest in a good TV.

I have spoken to Samsung guys but they are not willing for exchange by any means.

That is very bad.. My brother-in-law's Samsung 4 yrs old LCD TV developed panel issue and it had to be replaced. Samsung was in no mood to offer any sort of discount for the next TV...

When the BIG Brands treat us the way we shouldn't be, it will be biggest pointer for future purchase..

One of my plasma TVs just had a similar problem develop all of a sudden yesterday.
The screen goes off after some time but the power LED stays on.

Have called the service guys to take a look.

How old is your TV? and any update on the issue..

In hyderabad I found a good LED TV repair expert .. srinivasa electronics .. Contact Jagdish - 8008859990

He repaired my 2year old sony led tv 46w950a in just 5days .. authorised center asked 35k .. he did it in 11k

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back