Paper tubes in India

suniil

I've plans to build subwoofer using paper tubes if available in India, ideally 20" - 25" diameter. Anybody knows any company how sell this (something identical to this)

This is to use with 15" / 18" drivers

Paper tubes of this size are used in India to pack dyes and smaller diameters for winding yarns. One major manufacturer is Fibre Foils in Mumbai:
Fibre Foils Limited

There's another in Delhi called Multiplex Corporation:
Multiplex Corporation

I don't think though that these will be rigid enough for a subwoofer application. Instead see if you can get rigid Plastic pipes or get it made from a hard wood.

Plastic: DUTRON, India's leading name in HDPE Pipe systems of International Standards - Suction, Delivery, Braided, Flat Delivery, HDPE Pipes, uPVC Pipes, uPVC Fittings, Corrugated, Sheets, Pipe, Plastic, Flexible, PVC, Hose

Thanks mate

Yeah, these paper tubes doesn't seem to be the right choice, unless I can get hold of the same sonotube (which is widely used for cylindrical subwoofers).

Plastic looks like a good option, though need lot of work in interiors :)

Shouldn't need much work. Just line it with some egg-crate foam available at Foam Home at Tardeo and use generous amounts of Polyfill.
Let me know how it turns out.

Okay, but the issue is fixing the top, bottom & plate amplifier :(. need to find the best way to make everything air tight & porting.

I'm planning to buy bash plate amp from US [china is a possibility!].

Shouldn't need much work. Just line it with some egg-crate foam available at Foam Home at Tardeo and use generous amounts of Polyfill.
Let me know how it turns out.

Thanks for the link, will look into it. DS8.0 looks good wrt pricing & onboard controls. I don't need the amp to ship to India, as we live in UK (my family) and I stay in India couple of months in a year, so i can bring the stuff with me.

BTW, bash amp is based on Class H.

Get a Class D Amp. Either a B&O Icepower based or get one from Hypex Electronics B.V. - they sell direct.

A lot of power (upto 1000W @ 4ohms), reasonably priced and perfect for subs.

Last edited:
Back