Passive 3D glasses in Cinema halls

just4kix

Has anyone tried to use the passive 3D glasses supplied with TV in cinema halls? I understand the concept is same, so worth a shot. Then we could buy these cheap glasses and carry them along.

The glasses provided at the halls are very dirty, scratched, and charged at Rs. 50 pp. Our own glasses could be a better option (if it works).

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Not sure whether those theatre guys allow that. They are blocking at the entrance and ask for your glasses. Infact even I passive 3D glasses which I got in US ( you can take the glasses with you after the movie) which are more comfortable but hesitant to use for above reason.

Has anyone tried to use the passive 3D glasses supplied with TV in cinema halls? I understand the concept is same, so worth a shot. Then we could buy these cheap glasses and carry them along.

The glasses provided at the halls are very dirty, scratched, and charged at Rs. 50 pp. Our own glasses could be a better option (if it works).

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
in theory this should work. but what if the images are reversed. does it fits upside down :confused:

Hey, you recommended a good point ofcourse...well, will try to experience the same one day sure.

A cousin of mine used glasses he had got in spain ....They worked and were more comfy ...But the theatre guys were forcing us to take their glasses ..It was included in the ticket price itself ..

Most of the Passive 3D cinemas (and Active for that matter) in Bangalore do not force you to buy Glasses. They are collected back when exiting the theater, or in some case a security deposit of Rs 100 is collected at issue and refunded at exit when the glasses are returned.

Here is delhi as well, we are not forced to buy the glasses, If you want to use glasses, pay them the security money and return them when you exit.

In Pune, 3D glass coupons are purchased at the counter near the gate. After showing the coupon, the 3D glasses are issued. At the time of exit, the glasses are collected and deposit amount refunded.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back