Paying for what you use!

vivek_r

Today is Wikipedia donation day. They are asking about INR 150 in donation. Please do donate if you use (I already did, else won’t be posting).

I understand that the PAN number is a FEMA requirement.

Through the lockdown and the current economic havoc, I have realised the importance of paying, even if nominal, for things that you use. I am now paying for print (or it’s electronic avatar) media for example - no point crying over the death of independent media if you don’t pay for it when it is alive.

There is one shameful exception though. I don’t subscribe to audio mags even though I love reading about hifi. So I really should not write rants about independence of reviewers (Please see the movie “The Big Short” for a cynical view of how rating agencies and media supposedly behaved before the financial crisis)

And closer to home, donating small amounts to Hifivision also is not a bad idea - if you are using it for selling or buying equipment!

So whip out that credit Card if you use Wikipedia. And try going over that INR 150!

I have done my part, have you?

I also had done this.
Today is Wikipedia donation day. They are asking about INR 150 in donation. Please do donate if you use (I already did, else won’t be posting).
Thanks for Sharing Vivek !

I understand that the PAN number is a FEMA requirement.

Through the lockdown and the current economic havoc, I have realised the importance of paying, even if nominal, for things that you use. I am now paying for print (or it’s electronic avatar) media for example - no point crying over the death of independent media if you don’t pay for it when it is alive.

There is one shameful exception though. I don’t subscribe to audio mags even though I love reading about hifi. So I really should not write rants about independence of reviewers (Please see the movie “The Big Short” for a cynical view of how rating agencies and media supposedly behaved before the financial crisis)

And closer to home, donating small amounts to Hifivision also is not a bad idea - if you are using it for selling or buying equipment!

So whip out that credit Card if you use Wikipedia. And try going over that INR 150!

Done 4days ago, as I got the same suggession at that time.

I had donated a few days ago but I now find that the donate link is no longer displayed on the website. Perhaps the (unjustified and unreasonable) protests on social media are behind this development.

You can use this link to donate:

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back