PC connected to AVR and 46" TV text too small

maharajg

I have my windows 7 PC connected to my denon avr through HDMI and avr connected to sony 46" Tv using HDMI, video is playing fine but text is very fuzzy and too small. I have tried renaming the input name to PC as suggested in other posts but still the same. I have to either reduce my resolution or zoom my browser text. Icon text i'am using scaling in windows to make it 125%. I have tried changing my tv sharpness to 2, display area changed to full and switched off GPU scaling.

I sit 4-5' away form the TV. Is there anything i can do to improve, so that i can browse without zooming in.

My config, Windows 7, Sapphire 260x GPU with HDMI, Denon X2000 AVR, SONY LED KDL-46EX650.

Thanks
Srini

Even i have my Sony 46 inch connected to AVR which inturn is connected to my PC via HDMI running Win 7...(Nividia GeForce GT 610)

I sit around 10 feet from the TV and the resolution is fine.. Graphics card detects the TV's native resolution as 1920 x 1080p..

My settings are set to Larger 150% in Windows personalise menu and am able to read text comfortably from 10 feet distance... Text is sharp too...

If you have already done icon scaling,I don't know of any other solution. I did zoom in pages where it was hard to read over tv.

Your TV should have a "Just Scan" mode under Aspect Ratio. Use it. And disable scaling on GPU too.

Use Native resolution on Windows under preferences.

If this does not work kindly put a screenshot here.

I'm doubling up my 42" as a desktop too so we can figure this out.

Thank you all for your inputs, @quixand i will try this option, @spirovious Oversan is set to 0. If i increase resolution is not good. @elangoas is your aver connected to HDMI 1? I have mine connected to Hdmi 3, some forums suggested to connect to HDMI, i will try that as well today.

@elangoas is your aver connected to HDMI 1? I have mine connected to Hdmi 3, some forums suggested to connect to HDMI, i will try that as well today.

My PC is connected to AVR thru HDMI.. There was one HDMI input named PC on my AVR.. So connected there.... Even if i had to connect it thru other HDMI ports, i think it will be the same...

Anyways try connecting to other HDMI input in your AVR and check...

I know maybe it may not sound as the optimal solution but decreasing the resolution will automatically increase the size of text and icons overall. I use it personally for viewing pc on tv and switch on to kodi when watching movies

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back