PC For Music listening

maybe you can try uninstalling and reinstalling asio4all. For me doing that multiple times helped it to configure and run on winamp.

BTW I just noticed WMA that you are tryig to play. AFAIL WMA was not natively supported by older versions.

Right click on the top window shade and click on volume bar - it will show.

Thanks,but no vol opt after Rt, clicking ,in preferrences>DSP> vol is showed,but not coming on top.Can you give me genuine ver or upload your?
I downloaded 3 same versions,2 failed to play FLAC too,this one plays,no true ASIO support with desktop control panal.(0.8.3ver)

i was wondering if anyone has connected a usb soundcard or a usb DAC to their PC.

i havent done it yet but will soon.

i was wondering how exactly do you configure it (the SC or DAC)to recive the digital signal off the usb

do you configure cplay or foobar or do you configure the SC or DAC that the PC recognises
and if so how exactly?

P>S dont ask me to read the ASIO manual or the CISC CMP manual
i coudnt follow much!

Thanks,but no vol opt after Rt, clicking ,in preferrences>DSP> vol is showed,but not coming on top.Can you give me genuine ver or upload your?
I downloaded 3 same versions,2 failed to play FLAC too,this one plays,no true ASIO support with desktop control panal.(0.8.3ver)

no problems spiro bhai - gimme some time i will dig out the installer and mail pm you the same.

And what do you mean by desktop control panel - i get a icon on the tskbar though which i can reduce the sampling to 0 (increase threads to 2) etc. Do you mean that?? BTW for my other creative soundcard only after installing the kxaudio drivers, asio4all started working. Before that I was getting the same error.

i was wondering if anyone has connected a usb soundcard or a usb DAC to their PC.

i havent done it yet but will soon.

i was wondering how exactly do you configure it (the SC or DAC)to recive the digital signal off the usb

do you configure cplay or foobar or do you configure the SC or DAC that the PC recognises
and if so how exactly?

P>S dont ask me to read the ASIO manual or the CISC CMP manual
i coudnt follow much!

Okay bro when you connect a USB DAC the PC/laptop recognizes it as a SC and asks for drivers (which you obviously install). After driver install -you configure windows applet for multimedia (do not check always use default devices there) or foobar/winamp to use the usb output device.

Then you fire play.......

Then you hear.....:clapping: possibly good music

n

Okay bro when you connect a USB DAC the PC/laptop recognizes it as a SC and asks for drivers (which you obviously install). After driver install -you configure windows applet for multimedia (do not check always use default devices there) or foobar/winamp to use the usb output device.

supraman
the DAC supposedly needs no drivers and is recognised by windows ( at least that what the manufacturer says)

now how exactly do i

configure windows applet for multimedia (do not check always use default devices there) or foobar/winamp to use the usb output device.

im not too computer friendly :sad:

P>S i have not seen any option that would allow Cply to configure the PC to ouput digital music through the USB

has anyone been able to find the foo_dsp_src.dll file that is compatible with the version 9.x of foobar ?

seems the developer of src has filed complaints against using his binary code and i cant seem to find any updated src.dll file for foobar after 2007
hence im unable to use src with foobar at home

P.S where is moserw these days?

has anyone been able to find the foo_dsp_src.dll file that is compatible with the version 9.x of foobar ?

seems the developer of src has filed complaints against using his binary code and i cant seem to find any updated src.dll file for foobar after 2007

Is this helpful-

foobar2000 3rd party components
Acropolis’ Blog

well spiro is doing great here.....:D

BTW magma while the DAC is supposed to be idnetified by Windows natively (after all it requires drivers to install and run - whether natively or by actually installing drivers is a different point ot moot altogether). The CA DAC Magic installation did not need drivers on Vista on my friends computer (dunno about XP).

And comign to CPlay - why would you go through all the trouble (with CMP) of runnig it its own shell by exiting windows shell temporarily bypassign everythign to just pass digital music out through USB. Just use any SW like foobar/winamp to do so. Talk about using a ak47 to kill a mosquito:p

And comign to CPlay - why would you go through all the trouble (with CMP) of runnig it its own shell by exiting windows shell temporarily bypassign everythign to just pass digital music out through USB. Just use any SW like foobar/winamp to do so. Talk about using a ak47 to kill a mosquito:p

bouncer!
ten chaacters

bouncer!
ten chaacters

extremely sorry magma since I am in office and had a review call scheduled then. And the useless Dell lappy is not doing be any favours by jammign up essential keys.:mad:

My point was why would you use CMP + CPlay to output digital music on the first place. You can use almost use any other SW for that purpose. The true nature of the CMP +CPLay combination will come into play if you use it in conjuction with (say) and high end sound card like Asus STX. Hope you got that

You could always try the SOX resampler. I find it to have a slight edge over the SRC resampler. Do try it out to see if you like it. There is a difference in sound character too.

BTW magma while the DAC is supposed to be idnetified by Windows natively (after all it requires drivers to install and run - whether natively or by actually installing drivers is a different point ot moot altogether). The CA DAC Magic installation did not need drivers on Vista on my friends computer (dunno about XP).

Suprateep - you do not need to exit the windows shell to play through cPlay. With all the recent development on this wonderful open source project, it is just as easy to use as any other media player.

Do give it a try. If you have decent equipment, there will be a sea change in terms of audio quality between cPlay and any other media player!

Suprateep - you do not need to exit the windows shell to play through cPlay. With all the recent development on this wonderful open source project, it is just as easy to use as any other media player.

Do give it a try. If you have decent equipment, there will be a sea change in terms of audio quality between cPlay and any other media player!

Dude i have been using CPLAY for over 2 months now and yes it can play natively in windows - but coupled with CMP (which results in windows shell exiting), CPAY is marginally better.

Try CMP sometime;)

Dude i have been using CPLAY for over 2 months now and yes it can play natively in windows - but coupled with CMP (which results in windows shell exiting), CPAY is marginally better.

Try CMP sometime;)

Suprateep - that is an option. The bottomline is that you need not exit the windows shell to have cPlay play music for you in a HTPC.

I have indeed tried killing the explorer process and having just CMP handle all file management. It is seamless and I especially like the way it brings explorer back up at the click of a button. But overall I did not notice a sea change between the two options. Hence I stick with cMP with Windows doing all the file browsing and handling the explorer functions.

Suprateep - that is an option. The bottomline is that you need not exit the windows shell to have cPlay play music for you in a HTPC.

no man do not get me wrong - what SC did you use? What are the specs of you machine. I have a xonar STX on XP (i think it is the culprit for not doing menory management better) and browsing during playback often results in stutters. Hence I use CMP.

no man do not get me wrong - what SC did you use? What are the specs of you machine. I have a xonar STX on XP (i think it is the culprit for not doing menory management better) and browsing during playback often results in stutters. Hence I use CMP.

Xonar D2X on XP. And thankfully I am experiencing no stutters or anything. I am also using the SOX resampler set to 'Very High' quality. The music quality is pristine!

If I have any complaints about the ASUS soundcards it is about their drivers. Horrible drivers and even more horrible updates. Thankfully ASIO4ALL saves the day.

Like I said - cMP for file management does not seem to add too much value to my listening experience. I am not loath to try it out because mine is a dedicated HTPC and I will not be working on it when listening to music. But I have not found that option to offer too great a difference over the Windows explorer as I said.

Forgot to mention - mine is a simple HTPC - Gigabyte MA board, AMD 5500 and no display card. Antec case and 80+rated power supply. Thats about it.

me a foobar man

i dont like creating cues for clpay

i just like the foo interface better.

nway i find only unees bees ka farak between the two wares specially when outputting only digital

me a foobar man

i dont like creating cues for clpay

i just like the foo interface better.

nway i find only unees bees ka farak between the two wares specially when outputting only digital

Somewhere here in this maze of threads and posts there were links given for a couple of utilities which would automate the cue creation procedure seamlessly.

And magma if it is a HTPC powered with a soundcard you are talking out, it is the analog outs which would make more sense. Unless of course you have a beast of an AVR, of course:)

pardon my ignorance, but is mucis a typo for music or a representation of digital audio packets arriving out of order? :p

Somewhere here in this maze of threads and posts there were links given for a couple of utilities which would automate the cue creation procedure seamlessly.

QUOTE]

im too lazy to search through that haze,
my eyesight isnt as good either!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back