PC For Music listening

vortex
what are you using for cuesheets

i used the foo cue sheet creator to create flac cue sheets

but when i load the cue sheet only cply it gives
"not enough space on ram" error (it says reqd space is 160MB)
im using a 1GB ram. i dont think that should be a problem

also i wanted to ask
do you guys follw EACH setting thats given in the CMP manual to bios etc even if you are going to use the PC as a regular home PC as well as a music PC?
i would think following all these changes would hampr fiuncitioning of PC for other tasks na

i need to find out what changes i can do and what i cant
since i use my laptop as my PC and well as music PC ( basically its not a dedicated music PC)

Last edited:
I also face the same problem as Magma is facing in CMplay. Every time i try to play a file it says not enough memory and it requires 160 mb free

I also face the same problem as Magma is facing in CMplay. Every time i try to play a file it says not enough memory and it requires 160 mb free

CPlay loads the wav, flac to memory of the computer and plays them back from the RAM - hence the need for more memory. Usually a machine with XP with 1 GB of RAM takes up 800 MB with an AV and other SW running - so increase your memory is the best bet

Guys,

Which cPlay version to download?

I guess each file (currently to version 2.0_b28) there are 4 files):
1. cPlay_2_0b28_sse2_setup.exe
2. cPlay_2_0b28_sse3b9_setup.exe
3. cPlay_2_0b28_sse4b9_setup.exe
4. cPlay_2_0b28_ssse3b9_setup.exe

I think each of these releases are for different version of processor probably using certain instruction set (example Pentium 4 Core-Duo etc).

Now I have IBM Thinkpad T43 (Centrino based).

Which file shall I download?

I already have downloaded and installed ASIO4ALL.

Re

Thanks Supra... Will try on my bro's PC which has XP and 2 gb ram

Also i wanted to know whats the difference between PPHS & SRC resampler in foobar?

CPlay loads the wav, flac to memory of the computer and plays them back from the RAM - hence the need for more memory. Usually a machine with XP with 1 GB of RAM takes up 800 MB with an AV and other SW running - so increase your memory is the best bet

supra 1 GB should be more than enough even on vista
there are guys running cues off a 512 mb ram and i know at least one dude who does it with 256MB! ( albeit on XP)

i can load and play one song at a time
im geting the mem error only wheni try loading cue sheets

whats the problem
im confused!

Also guys im waitinng on some replies on post no 84

Hi Magma
As far as i think any kind of changes in BIOS wont improve your sound card performance
This is as far as i know. Maybe I am wrong. But i have not come across any particular setting in BIOS except for enabling and disabling onboard sound card.
I have yet to through CPLAY manual, will do that on coming sunday
I am sure Supra would know something for sure

all those settings bios/windows etc basically have only 1 aim
to run the PC with lowest possible power and lowest possible noise
this supposedly keeps the digital/analogue audio signal "cleaner"

ofcourse each setting will have different impacts
i want to know what i should do and what i should skip considering that my PC is not only a music PC but i use it for regular work too.thought they are not design intesive tasks

Yeah, the tweaks you talking can be done from the bios and some OS settings. Now this all will also differ with different motherboards and also a desktop and a laptop
I think running your laptop only on battery (no direct power) would be ideal when you listening to music. Everything goes on power saving mode that way

Yeah, the tweaks you talking can be done from the bios and some OS settings. Now this all will also differ with different motherboards and also a desktop and a laptop
I think running your laptop only on battery (no direct power) would be ideal when you listening to music. Everything goes on power saving mode that way

i thought so too tilli read csis post where he asks us to runthe comp on full performance mode!
in that mode by battery wont last more than1 album!

Guys,

Which cPlay version to download?

I guess each file (currently to version 2.0_b28) there are 4 files):
1. cPlay_2_0b28_sse2_setup.exe
2. cPlay_2_0b28_sse3b9_setup.exe
3. cPlay_2_0b28_sse4b9_setup.exe
4. cPlay_2_0b28_ssse3b9_setup.exe

I think each of these releases are for different version of processor probably using certain instruction set (example Pentium 4 Core-Duo etc).

Now I have IBM Thinkpad T43 (Centrino based).

Which file shall I download?

I already have downloaded and installed ASIO4ALL.

Re

I figured it out. My Thinkpad T43 have Intel M Centrino (1.6 Ghz). The processor is SSE2 instruction set. Also I am plagued with the "160 MB" memory error. Guess running Foobar is the only option until I upgrade the memory.

I figured it out. My Thinkpad T43 have Intel M Centrino (1.6 Ghz). The processor is SSE2 instruction set. Also I am plagued with the "160 MB" memory error. Guess running Foobar is the only option until I upgrade the memory.

what processors are the others for?
wheni open the download pg it never did specify what processors the other versios are for

what processors are the others for?
wheni open the download pg it never did specify what processors the other versios are for

There is a hyperlink to "View All Files" (just slightly right of the main download link cPlay | Get cPlay at SourceForge.net ). There the latest build version is listed for each 4 different version of instruction sets. The latest releases of Intel / AMD processors are on instruction set 4 (SSE4) (they support all upto 4).
I am one poor guy still stuck with my old ThinkPad...and not with enough memory!!!

There is a hyperlink to "View All Files" (just slightly right of the main download link cPlay | Get cPlay at SourceForge.net ). There the latest build version is listed for each 4 different version of instruction sets. The latest releases of Intel / AMD processors are on instruction set 4 (SSE4) (they support all upto 4).
I am one poor guy still stuck with my old ThinkPad...and not with enough memory!!!

i still cant find where it states which version is for which platform
ive got a table that mentions platform as none for all the releases of the new version

Last edited:
vortex
what are you using for cuesheets

i used the foo cue sheet creator to create flac cue sheets

but when i load the cue sheet only cply it gives
"not enough space on ram" error (it says reqd space is 160MB)
im using a 1GB ram. i dont think that should be a problem

also i wanted to ask
do you guys follw EACH setting thats given in the CMP manual to bios etc even if you are going to use the PC as a regular home PC as well as a music PC?
i would think following all these changes would hampr fiuncitioning of PC for other tasks na

i need to find out what changes i can do and what i cant
since i use my laptop as my PC and well as music PC ( basically its not a dedicated music PC)

Magma - please use CPlaylist editor if you want a plug and play experience with CPlay. No need for Cue sheets at all with this tool.

CPlay List Editor

The best way however is to have your music organized with albums as folders and songs within. In that case, just use the recursive cue creator to create cues in each folder (album).

Recursive Cue Creator

Using these tools will greatly improve your listening experience with cPlay. Have fun and do let us know if you need anything else.

Magma - please use CPlaylist editor if you want a plug and play experience with CPlay. No need for Cue sheets at all with this tool.

CPlay List Editor

The best way however is to have your music organized with albums as folders and songs within. In that case, just use the recursive cue creator to create cues in each folder (album).

Recursive Cue Creator

Using these tools will greatly improve your listening experience with cPlay. Have fun and do let us know if you need anything else.

lovely!
thanks vortex.

a question
would he recursive cue list creater work only if i have ALL the songs of that album saved in the folder?
what if i want to skip a few songs that i dont like . also what if i have 5 songs each of two albums that i lisen too but save themin only one folder under 1 album?
the cue list will be created then too ?

now i gotta figure out how to run this PC headless
anyone doing that? yet ?

i have a laptop and i thought of running the desktop PC on which cplay is loaded headless using the laptop.
what would i need for that.
a wifi card on the PC? and a wifi router?

otherwise ill have to just get an unobtrusive 7 inch screen.
(i dont have place for a large monitor. also i dont want that giant lying around inmy listening area just for the purpose of browsing through music!)

vortex,cranky supra
what you guys using?

also vortex
arent both the softwares the recursive cue list creator and the Cplay list editior essentially the same?

basically all i can understand it that the recursive cue list creater automates the entire process.

cant you do the exact same thing as the creator cue list creatoer using the Cplaylist edittor ( yes ofcourse you will be going through each individual albunfolder and genetating each playlist one by one)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back