PC For Music listening

Guys,

I have just made Flac files of few of my Audio CDs. First I had made .wav file and then converted the same to .flac file using 'Fox Encoder'. But while trying to play the flac files through Cplay, it tells 'ASIO driver start failed. Only 32 bit ASIO format supported'. What can I do? My PC is 32 bit Vista.

Amit

I dnlded ,but it is not working with ASIO,I tried to plugins & dumped in component folder.I can see ASIO option,but it doent play file.

I m talking abt WMA which was playing in 0.9,not in 0.8

Apologies if someone has already given a solution for this

But i just downloaded foobar 0.8.3 and while installing you have to do a custom install and select WMA in input section. Its not selected by default

Hope this helps

I am using Terratec Aureon Universe SC. Anyone has any experience with it? I have not used my PC as a source much so want to know from someone who might have used this soundcard

Guys,

I have just made Flac files of few of my Audio CDs. First I had made .wav file and then converted the same to .flac file using 'Fox Encoder'. But while trying to play the flac files through Cplay, it tells 'ASIO driver start failed. Only 32 bit ASIO format supported'. What can I do? My PC is 32 bit Vista.

Amit

Just an FYI.....I use XRECODE for encoding/ripping CDs. It can directly convert your CDs to FLAC or WAV or other formats. It may save some time and efforts.

There are other good tools also in case you want to explore.

Make sure you have ASIO4ALL installed. You can get it here

Somehow I have not had the patience to go through all of EAC's options. Bonkenc I find works very well for me. Its simple, quick and effective.

Apologies if someone has already given a solution for this

But i just downloaded foobar 0.8.3 and while installing you have to do a custom install and select WMA in input section. Its not selected by default

Hope this helps

I am using Terratec Aureon Universe SC. Anyone has any experience with it? I have not used my PC as a source much so want to know from someone who might have used this soundcard

I tried that way,but no WMA but WAV option....:sad:

i tried downloading CMP today from the sourceforgenet site
however my antivirus gives a Trojan threat warning
( a bit of googling found that other users have this issue too)

how are you guys using CMP ? does your PC not detect a trojan threat
supra,vortex?

I tried that way,but no WMA but WAV option....:sad:

I played a WMA lossless file and it works fine. There are atleast 15 to 20 different audio formats as option
If you want i can mail you the installable file on your e-mail

i tried downloading CMP today from the sourceforgenet site
however my antivirus gives a Trojan threat warning
( a bit of googling found that other users have this issue too)

how are you guys using CMP ? does your PC not detect a trojan threat
supra,vortex?

do not worry there is no virus.....i have 2 machines - one with comodo AV and another with symantec AV - the comodo detected some virus (which was not there.........actually the .exe) and everything ran smoothly, the symantec passed it.

BTW some AV like comodo often dtect certain .exe's as a probable virus because of bad SW coding rules - so autogk, certain game .exe's that I had been using for 3-4 years were suddenly detected as viruses.

Do not worry about cmp or cplay - its safe.

Do not worry about cmp or cplay - its safe.

Cplay options are very poor.It plays mostly FLAC ,not others.....

Trying still to config Foobar, no volume opt on player,setting shows it,Rt clicking is not working,even I m not getting proper ASIO _dll, few works only with FLAC & no MP3 support.

Trying still to config Foobar, no volume opt on player,setting shows it,Rt clicking is not working,even I m not getting proper ASIO _dll, few works only with FLAC & no MP3 support.

man i went through the same dilemma after being used to winamp for a long time. But with the kind of quality in playback that i got from CPLAY with FLAC i never went to foobar/winamp in the last 3 months.

BTW you can use certain SW such as cuesheetcreator (free) that create playlists from FLAC files and which you can use to play FLAC just like you do with mp3 etc.

Once you start using CPlay - there is no going back. But there is a definite learnig curve bro - provided you have FLAC and want the best quality from playback.

spivirious
download foobar version 9.6.5
ill mail you all the dll's youll need except for the SRC resampler ( which is now copywrite protected)
howverver if you want to use that too then get foorbar 9.4.3
i have a src dll that probably will work on that

Also both above versions come with volume control default
(FYI in other versions volume control is availble, you have to activate it)

Anyone can suggest how can get asio4all drivers to work for foobar 0.8.3. It does not shown in the options where as the SC asio drivers do show up
CMPLAY does not work giving an error of not enough memory

ok supra
i downloaded the cuesheet creator
its actually the foo cuesheet creator

now the folder contains
a dll file, a cpp , rc and v proj file
now how do i create the cue sheets?

spivirious
ill mail you all the dll's youll need except for the SRC resampler ( which is now copywrite protected)

Whats the difference between PPHS & SRC resampler?

spivirious

Also both above versions come with volume control default
(FYI in other versions volume control is availble, you have to activate it)

Thanks magma,
I have tried newer version,easy to config,but as Suprateep suggested ,0.8 is better version,I m learning it.Trying to bring up vol contol, any way to do so.....?

0.8 better than 0.9 ?

hmm thats news to me.
in what way?

if you are just reading up on other forums and making this decsion you should try blind testing if you have 2 pcs

P.S yes the 0.8 version might sound better than 0.9 only if you use the SRC resampler ( which cannot be used in the newer foobar versions) but without it well i struggle to find any difference

i coudnt tell the difference.but then again i dont have golden ears do i?

ive tried many of the tips thats cics suggests to decrease noise and power consumption in PC's
i hardly do find a difference when you listen in regular indian homes with no treatment done
im actually of the opinion that for digital outputs a NMT might sound better than the PCs
if you think about it all tips try to reduce power consumption , fan speed and noise.
you can find low power NMt's which are fanless-isint that whats all PC afficandos are trying to achieve?

yes you do need a very good upsampling DAC to accompany the NMT but you should be able to do without a PC

Back