PC Remote - Review.

@spiro,

thank you for your efforts in procuring the remote. it was nice to visit you and see your system as well. Man, that philips Tv is really quite good! We do need to meet again, so I can help you solve that interlacing problem.

the remote works well, but some keys do not coincide with power dvd. I was wondering if there is a way of mapping the buttons?

cheers

kapil

Thanks kapvin,
Can you tell which key?I have installed PowerDVD7 & may try for solution.
I DL pure video ,but new drivers are slow/heavy on my old GC.Still it works.

Thanks kapvin,
Can you tell which key?I have installed PowerDVD7 & may try for solution.
I DL pure video ,but new drivers are slow/heavy on my old GC.Still it works.

there are actually 2 pure videos - Nvidia had a outstanding mpeg2 decoder called purevideo.

subsequently purevideo and purevideoHD refer to the hard decode capabilities for Mpeg2 & Mpeg4AVC and VC1 codecs.

i was referring to the former.. for your dvds..

you may find a newer low end 9 series or a new gt 220 really well suited for your needs.. if you plan to exand your hD collection.
;-)

Here is my own two cents on an alternative PC remote.
Ladies and gentlemen, introducing the XBox 360 wireless controller for Windows. It is identical to the standard XBox 360 wireless controller but the Windows version comes with a USB receiver. In order to use this controller as a remote you need to download Xpadder (google!!). After configuring Xpadder you can use the axis stick (left or right) to move the mouse. The axis stick is quite sensitive compared to other controllers (yes, much more sensitive than PS2 controller). You can also program the buttons (16 buttons programmable) to your heart's content. Additionally you can save presets, so that you can use a particular preset for VLC, another for PowerDVD, etc. I have found this controller to be especially useful in surfing the net, especially where no typing is required. It is very useful since you don't have to sit in one fixed position next to the mouse. The advertised range of this device is 30 metres. Practically speaking, 30 metres is more than enough since you are never going to control your PC from such distances...... unless you use binoculars that is. The controller uses 2AA batteries.
The added advantage of using the XBox 360 wireless as a remote is that it doubles as a superb gamepad, especially for games like NFS, PES/FIFA, Assassin's Creed, GTA4. The sensitivity is so good that it can almost be used to play FPS games with native support like Crysis.... almost.......... (but then a keyboard/mouse combo does not give you force feedback either)!

It retails at an MRP of around 2800/- INR. But if you go to a local store you may be able to get it for slightly less. The wired one can be bought for an MRP of 1699/-.

It retails at an MRP of around 2800/- INR. But if you go to a local store you may be able to get it for slightly less. The wired one can be bought for an MRP of 1699/-.

in which case the ps3 BD remote would make a lot of sense. I got one and now I use it with my main HTPC using a key mapping software. works perfectly with both powerdvd and tmt. (needs different key mappings)

works without needing line of sight is so is actually really good for my application where the pc is tucked into a corner

price - less than 1500/- plus a BT dongle (do they cost more then 200/- now?)

in which case the ps3 BD remote would make a lot of sense. I got one and now I use it with my main HTPC using a key mapping software. works perfectly with both powerdvd and tmt. (needs different key mappings)

works without needing line of sight is so is actually really good for my application where the pc is tucked into a corner

price - less than 1500/- plus a BT dongle (do they cost more then 200/- now?)

Hey that's an awesome idea. But is a bluetooth dongle all that is needed for the PC to recognize the device?

I have one remote still left & is little cheaper than ebay.in,
PM me if anyone need(from Mumbai).

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back