Peerless Speakers, duplicate?

Yes these are two different Companies. Peerless Audio is referred to as Peerless India and located in SEZ in Mumbai and is an OEM supplier for reputed brands.

What's the discussion about?

6 months before, I'd purchased some peerless speakers and woofers from Indian web site and I was cheated. I think its original peerless, but when received the speakers I was shocked. Sound quality was worst and disappointed.

hmm

mail peerless tymphany about the other peerless website

see what they say about it

Peerless INDIA are the drivers that the online website is selling
so hes not actually cheating you

if you wanted the DANISH stuff
those are now gone to china

the european speakers using peerless drivers are from TYMPHANY

i can see how this is confusiong
there is come grey matter here

so mail typhany
they will probably tell you the full story

Last edited:
i know about the websites sir

i know the indian peerless manufacturer too
but not well enough to ask him a blunted question without proof

the matter is grey

because both have the same name
both say they have a danish connection
both say they supply to OEMS
ONE says that the manufacturing facillity is in CHINA and and the other is in INDIA

now what exactly are the big brands like PMC and the other europeans using
INDIAN peerless or the Tymphany peerless

aslo is the typmphany peerless also sourcing from indian peerless ( since both claim a danish connection )
one of them is misleading and not necessarily the indian

Yes I heard lot from Indian Peerless who is OEM to many branded ones not sure who are they.But not even heard a bad comment yet.

I posted this info in another thread. Just to clarify I had confirmed that peerless India is the OEM supplier for Illusion Audio (US). I got it as part of an Enquiry I made. I had specifically asked if I can source their drivers from Peerless India.

Again I cannot comment on whether Tympany is the real Peerless.

And Robin, without details on how you listened to those speakers, we cannot judge whether its an issue with the drivers (or may be damaged onces) or with the setup. Can you provide the shop from which you sourced this driver?

Thanks,
Venki

PS: I am in no way associated with these brands :)

Venki
I've no intention about this subject... hence i'm not sharing shop details. I can share some images of received Peerless 10 inch paper cone woofer.

No Peerless Brand name, or anything else regarding details about this product. Received 4 woofers and all the images, i'm showing here. Please look at the middle side of woofer image, where can seen this type of build quality?

Last edited:
Quoting from audioXpress - 2014 Digital Archive Subscription - October 2014

In 1977 Peerless Denmark founded Peerless Fabrikkerne (India) Ltd. in Bombay (now Mumbai) to combine Nordic speaker engineering with India's low-cost manufacturing and production began in 1978. The relationship continued for several years, but eventually the two companies parted ways. The Peerless India company continued to use the name "Peerless of India." Today, some classic-type Peerless

manufactured in India, but the company's present speaker offerings have nothing to do with Peerless products now manufactured by Tymphany in China. Jan Nielsen of Scan-Speak tells me, Peerless acquired Mikrophonenbau in southern Germany, renamed it Peerles s-MB and manufac tured loudspeakers, headphones, and loudspeaker boxes. Peerless also purchased a facility in France, but these factories either no longer exist or do not have any connection to the Peerless brand. Peter Larsen of LOUDSOFT mentioned "Peerless India was producing standard Peerless speakers for many years. When Peerless Denmark went bankrupt, Peerless India just continued. Later, Damodar Ratha from Peerless India bought the Danish factory and was managing director in Denmark for approximately three years. In the late 1990s, Larsen developed a new range of competitive hi-fi drivers for Peerless India so it was able to supply many large brand manufacturers (e.g., PSB Speakers and other Canadian manufacturers).

The original Peerless, meanwhile, was acquired by Vifa/Scan Speak, which later renamed itself DST, which was then acquired by Tympany which has state of the art manufacturing facilities in China.

Both Parties seem to have a legit claim to the peerless name, The indian Firm does seem to have the name, and their management seems to have bought the danish factory (and I'm assuming inherited the equipment & tooling( , and have invested decently in new drivers, and Tympany seems to have paid for the Peerless brand itself.

To use an analogy, Hindustan motors Licensed the ambassador for manufacture from Morris. Lets imagine it got a licence for the Morris oxford name also (like Enfield did for the bullet). Now after years, Hindustan is still selling the ambassador as the Morris India Oxford with a few styling and technology updates.

Now SAIC ( a chinese manufacturer) has acquired the rights to the Morris name. Imagine that it decides to use the Morris Oxford name for one of it's vehicles designed and built in china.

Which one is the genuine morris oxford?

because both have the same name
One is Peerless Fabrikkerne India amd the other is not.
both say they have a danish connection
True. One has and the other had.
both say they supply to OEMS
True
ONE says that the manufacturing facillity is in CHINA and and the other is in INDIA
True
now what exactly are the big brands like PMC and the other europeans using
INDIAN peerless or the Tymphany peerless
They use one or the other.
aslo is the typmphany peerless also sourcing from indian peerless ( since both claim a danish connection )
No
one of them is misleading and not necessarily the indian
I don't think so.

hi greenhorn,

When Peerless Denmark went bankrupt, Peerless India just continued. Later, Damodar Ratha from Peerless India bought the Danish factory and was managing director in Denmark for approximately three years. In the late 1990s, Larsen developed a new range of competitive hi-fi drivers for Peerless India so it was able to supply many large brand manufacturers (e.g., PSB Speakers and other Canadian manufacturers).
The original Peerless, meanwhile, was acquired by Vifa/Scan Speak, which later renamed itself DST, which was then acquired by Tympany which has state of the art manufacturing facilities in China.

Both Parties seem to have a legit claim to the peerless name, The indian Firm does seem to have the name, and their management seems to have bought the danish factory (and I'm assuming inherited the equipment & tooling( , and have invested decently in new drivers, and Tympany seems to have paid for the Peerless brand itself.

so true to what you have mentioned regarding peerless ownership,similarly i too have written in one of hifi thread in below link,so both are information is absolutely correct,,hope atleast now the doubts are clear of our fellow members..
and trust the drivers which are manufactured in india are original peerless..

To summaries, both peerless india and Tymphany are part of Peerless denmark (which still exists),both have acquired the rights to manufacture drivers in the name of peerless and having operation plants at different location.

Infact dev kumar also told me that earlier Tymphany before setting there base in china,had approached them to manufacture drivers but in there name,but the indian company point blank refused to do so,since then they will spoil there reputation.....

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/61062-local-drivers-vs-branded-drivers-2.html

more to say,,but finally i can say we should be proud that we have a company in india that produces world class drivers and also custom designed and exports them to many reputed OEM companies abroad....

Any one can call dev kumar for still any queries/doubts his cell no is --

Thanks.
R/S

hi robin landanson,

I think you have purchased the fake one,actually peerless has a label behind with serial number like the one i own in the picture,and also even if the serial number is there it should match with the manufacture asigned one..for doing so and if you have doubts you can mail your picture mentioning your name,mobile number, the driver model name,from which shop you had bought so that the company can check them and also take legal action against the shop who sells fake drivers in the name of peerless..

Email id is - [email protected] after mailing you have to contact him for follow up.

i have checked my drivers with peerless and got a reply that they are genuine one,
i request you to buy peerless drivers only from varsha electronics (who are the only source in india who are allowed to buy and sell genuine drivers from peerless india) or diyaudiocart (cochin) or audiocraft (delhi) the later 2 buys from varsha..

link for peerless serial no.

http://i64.tinypic.com/6gjukz.jpg

link for peerless label

http://i67.tinypic.com/53nuk1.jpg

thanks
r.s

To use an analogy, Hindustan motors Licensed the ambassador for manufacture from Morris. Lets imagine it got a licence for the Morris oxford name also (like Enfield did for the bullet). Now after years, Hindustan is still selling the ambassador as the Morris India Oxford with a few styling and technology updates.

Now SAIC ( a chinese manufacturer) has acquired the rights to the Morris name. Imagine that it decides to use the Morris Oxford name for one of it's vehicles designed and built in china.

Which one is the genuine morris oxford?

hi greenhorn,

My answer is both are genuine owners..

You have given a perfect example which matches to the story of peerless companies existing currently...i think atlast it surely clears all the doubts..

R/S.

Rajesh, Can you provide any proof that peerless as still exists and has ties to both the Peerless companies? Ie peerless india and Tymphany?
Tymphany claims that they acquired what was left of Peerless as and all data available online seems to support that claim.
Peerless India claims to have facilities in Denmark canada etc, so the bit about them using imported parts may be true.
I searched in avention business browser (a tool we use for corporate research) and while peerless fabrikkerne and tympany showed up, Peerless fabrikkerne being a private independent and tympany as a subsidiaries of primax taiwan and no mention of Peerless as

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back