Performance issues playing 1080p files

manjunath.forum.all

hi i have a sony bx300 TV, WD Media player ( basic model ) and WD 1TB USB hard drive.

I observe a lot of performance issues when playing 1080p files larger than 5 GB from my Harddisk. I dont know if it is a issue because of Hard disk or because of player or because of size of file.
I tried both mkv and M2TS files and the result is same.

I am looking forward to buy another media player which can play the large 1080p files without flickers in the TV.

wd tv 1st gen was not capable of playing 1080 flwlessly.. it sometmes has glitch..

i have played files over 23-24gb via external drive through xtreamer and it works fine..

so it has to be wdtv..

Check playing same files through your pc. If they still glitches then its the hard drive. I am able to play much larger sizes without any issues on wdtv gen2.

Thanks all. Initially i thought my 1TB could be the problem. After the above reviews looks like my WD could be the problem. I got this from singapore from a friend of mine. I think i will go with a new player. As of this mail thread Xtreamer is one of the possibility.

I want the forum members to share more data as to what player they are using, which big sized file they have played etc? This really helps because in 1 thread i wanted all sharing so that other members who face performance issues similar to me gets benefited.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back