Philips/LG/Samsung - Help

spiderman

Hi Members,

I am need some assitance in choosing between Philips 42 inch series 8/9 VS LG SL 90 VS Samsung 40 series 6.

In my visual test for HD content I found Philips to give a better resolution then Samsung and LG. SD content all were almost same except that SL 90 was a bit reflective.

Since Philips is one of the lesser know brands that is being discussed here appreciate any help to make the final choice.

Spiderman

Since you are in Singapore where Philips 42 inch series 8/9 are available along with Sharp LCD you should buy either the Philips 9 series or Sharp LC or LE.

Out of these two Philips has marginally better image and motion processing.

Last edited:
I second to rajapraveen80...Philips 9 series is definitely a notch above.
Unfortunately this series is not available in India especially the 9704 series

Last edited:
Since you are in Singapore where Philips 42 inch series 8/9 are available along with Sharp LCD you should buy either the Philips 9 series or Sharp LC or LE.

Out of these two Philips has marginally better image and motion processing.

Thanks for the support on Philips, its gets a bit difficult when you see most of the people buying Sony and Samsung in Singapore, but I have always been amazed by the picture quality of Philips from series 7 onwards.

Are you reffering to the Sharp newly launched LED 40 inch TV? LC40LE700M

SHARP ROXY SINGAPORE

Spiderman

+1 for an lg for the vfm products.. however other brands got diffrent extra options for the money you pay...but by the end of the day go by your eyes not the specs..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back