Philips PFL5505 46 or LG INFINIA 42LE7500?

eraserhead

Hey Guys,
I have zero-ed in no these two models and now I;m confused..
Which one do you think I should go for?
I play a lot of HD content and also console gaming ala ps3...
From whatever I have read, both looks good.
My room is 12feet wide where I plan to hook the TV on the wall and m kinda partial towards 46 incher...
Do tell the pros n cons for both please..

Thanks

Are you getting a deal on these models ? or chose by specifications.Right now there are better models. If you are particularly looking for 2010 models , go with LG LE 8500 or LX 9500 series.OR look for Samsung D6000 or 6600 .

hey thanks for the reply mate.. I have been looking on9 on ezone and other sites..
im lookin for a 46incher for a budget of 65k maybe..is that too little? maybe you can guide me..i DO watch a lot of HD content..and want to use it as a editing monitor as well..
once i get 2-3 models to choose from, I can get a healthy discount on it from the local shop as he is a friend...
Thanks

I think you can get sony EX 520 in 46 inch size for that price if you manage to get that healthy discount from your friend.

Most of the LG/Samsung models above 46 inch size are priced around 90k and above.

cheers again for the reply.. I saw the model.. but i think its refresh rate seems too low for console gaming..do u know pros and cons related to this model?
Also, at ezone I got following models offered at my budget..

Sony Bravia KDL-46CX520
Philips PFL5505 46 inches LCD TV
LG Jazz Series 47LD460 47
and
Samsung LA46D550K1R 46

Is Sony EX 520 still my best bet?

Many thanks..

I have got Philips PFL5505 32 inch, got it as replacement for my Philips 5609. Had to content with it. :sad:

It good but nothing great. Plagued by weaker black levels and little over-saturated colors (only affects when I see SD content using Airtel Digital TV, HD contents are great). But feature wise a winner, supports NTFS drive, plays most of the formats out of the box. Also have a co-axial port, however, 5.1 AAC and DD are downmix to 2.0 and it pass through DTS. I hope the 46 incher must have ethernet port along with some other goodies.

Check few other models of Samsung and Panasonic also.

Thanks Chiron. Wonderful advice.
Can you tell me a more about the audio sound... Sorry but a bit on the green side when it comes to technical audio terms.. If I connect tv via hdmi to my pc..and play 5.1 files from pc..will it b downmixed to 2.0 ??

Philips has pathetic service ,also currently supported by videocon. Read my earlier posts ,stay away

lol cheers hemant.. thanks for the headsup.. ;)
What do u mean by currently supported by vdocon? is that a bad thing?

Thanks Chiron. Wonderful advice.
Can you tell me a more about the audio sound... Sorry but a bit on the green side when it comes to technical audio terms.. If I connect tv via hdmi to my pc..and play 5.1 files from pc..will it b downmixed to 2.0 ??

If most of your 5.1 music files is in AC-3 or AAC format, then yes it will downmix them to 2.0. If your files are in DTS format then it will pass it through to your AVR and your AVR will do the rest. There is no way you can get 5.1 sound from Philips 5505.

You can also check the user manual if there is an option for bitstreaming Dolby Digital (AC-3) content. 5.1 AAC is just out of question (I guess only Apple TV and very few media player support native 5.1 AAC format).

Cheers Chiron.. Im getting an amazing deal of Samsung PS51D550 so I have decided to go for that.. Does it also downmixes them?

@Kittu.. What I meant by dead was I had heard that plasmas arent good for gaming.. Howver I read a lot about this new Samsung model and it seems that plasma has actually come a long way..

@Kittu.. What I meant by dead was I had heard that plasmas aren't good for gaming.. Howver I read a lot about this new Samsung model and it seems that plasma has actually come a long way..

What:eek:!!!! plasmas are not good for gaming... My friend ,some forum is totally guiding you in a wrong direction. Can you post the source ?

I play platformers and not fps which is what some people worry about when they talk about gaming..
Unfortunately I dont have the source although I can dig around firefox history to source the link.. I went to see the demo today and played Uncharted 2 on it.. looks fantastic without any probs.. so yea.. :)

Have you watched the video ? Where did he mention only LCD's are the perfect choice for gaming ?

The video kind of says go for the one you like. Very informative suggestion.;)

thaats what im saying..
cz i was kinda asking you "is plasma really dead?" not telling...
sorry if it came across like htat...lol

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back