LG 42LN5400 LED Vs. Philips 42PFL6977 LED .....Which one to go for???

jashamara

Alright now Im here in Mumbai and Im getting the LG 42 LN5400 LED and the Philips 42 PFL6977 for the same price, Rs. 47,000, although LG model is about 54k and Philips is 52k.

The issue is that there seem to be few pros and cons in both so people who have these TV's or have checked out these LED TV's can help me.

BOTH HAVE: Full HD 1080p, 2 HDMI ports, 1 USB port, 20W Sound.

Pros

LG : IPS Panel, Energy Saver, MHL, Power consumption 91W (as listed on the site), Triple XD Engine

Philips: 240Hz (so no motion blur im guessing), Composite and Component Input, DDB (dunno what that is) Pixel Plus HD

Cons

LG: 120Hz (so motion blur), Only 1 component cum composite input (which means I can connect only one external device at a time, unless my devices support HDMI)

Philips: Normal TN screen. Power consumption 200W (as listed on the site)

I WAS GOING TO SELECT THE PHILIPS MODEL MAINLY BECAUSE OF THE EXTRA CONNECTION OPTION WHICH IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME, BUT......

When I went to Croma the other day, viewing both the Models from a distance of say 3 to 4 feet (they were connected to a videocon dth HD), the LG LED clarity seemed better and a little, very little pixelated video, while the Philips LED showed more and obvious plxelated video.

However, when I saw the same Models at Vijay Sales, from the same distance and the same dth, the video in both looked the same.

HOW COME THE DIFFERENCE?????? IS IT POSSIBLE OF AN INCORRECT SETUP????

ANYWAY.... WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS SUGGEST???? PLEASE HELP!!! ITS REALLY IMPORTANT!!!!:mad:

Last edited:
More cons of Philips 42PFL6977 LED

No optical output. Ok if HDMI port version is 1.4 (ARC). Find out.
No dolby digital decoder:mad:

Pros: Comes with 2yrs Videocon D2H free.(Saving approximately 12K)
Inbuilt DDB, No need for set top box with videocon D2H.
Analog audio out, in case you need to connect an amp or something.

Dont know about 42LN5400

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back