Phono Preamp

arifpa

Hi guys,

as a new guy on the block recently was misguided into buying a Cambridge Audio 640P-B Phono Preamp for my turntable which already had a built in amp.

Bought it for 200 $ and its unused, looking out for a buyer, anybody interested can give me a call on +91-9562445404

Dr. Arif

This is unfortunate and is a classic issue faced by everyone who venture into the world of vinyl for the very first time. Nevertheless, the phono preamp which you have is a pretty good one. It would make sense to use it instead of using your inbuilt phono preamp (not sure if this is inbuilt in the turntable or whether your integrated amp has a phono preamp built in) as the sound quality should be much better. If your turntable has an inbuilt phono preamp, it should ideally have a switch (somewhere on the rear or underneath) for you to turn it off.

Anyways, if you wish to sell it, please post it in the classifieds section for greater visibility. I am sure that it will sell like a hot cake :)

All the very best.

Hi guys,

as a new guy on the block recently was misguided into buying a Cambridge Audio 640P-B Phono Preamp for my turntable which already had a built in amp.

Bought it for 200 $ and its unused, looking out for a buyer, anybody interested can give me a call on +91-9562445404

Dr. Arif

Hi!

If your turntable already has a built in phono amp, those are usually not very high quality phono amps. Which turntable is it? Is there a way to bypass the internal phono? It would be MUCH better to use your Cambridge for sound quality compared to the built in one.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back