Pioneer avr owners thread

Hi i was exploring Pioneer avrs and found LX303 to be a great offering. However I see it as oos everywhere. Has Pioneer stopped its operations in India? How did you purchase your avrs?

Pioneer's home entertainment business went through a major churn in the last decade.
Onkyo bought some part of the business. So it may be that the distribution channel has dried up.

Cheers,
Raghu

Hi guys,

This Pioneer VSX-326 comes with a home theater in a box system HTP-076 with a passive subwoofer, it also has two preouts for subwoofers.

If anyone here owns this can confirm it can power both passive and active subwoofers at a time?

I want to make sure before buying this because I have two passive subwoofers, I can add one to the passive channels of the receiver and the other subwoofer to preout using an amp.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

This Pioneer VSX-326 comes with a home theater in a box system HTP-076 with a passive subwoofer, it also has two preouts for subwoofers.

If anyone here owns this can confirm it can power both passive and active subwoofers at a time?

I want to make sure before buying this because I have two passive subwoofers, I can add one to the passive channels of the receiver and the other subwoofer to preout using an amp.

Thanks.
You can have two actives and one passive run at the same time.

How much do Pioneer service engineers charge for a general service and faulty chasis switch changes?(not remote switches) I was charged 4000 which was termed a usual fee. But others say that's too much. Anyway water under the bridge for now.... Just saw the pioneers owners thread and wanted to check with other pioneer patrons.

You can have two actives and one passive run at the same time.
Thank you, one more thing, will it be okay to power a 4ohm passive subwoofer with this 6ohm reveiver? The speakers I have are 8ohm so they wont put extra load but the subwoofer is 4ohm, can it be bad for a 6ohm receiver?

Thank you, one more thing, will it be okay to power a 4ohm passive subwoofer with this 6ohm reveiver? The speakers I have are 8ohm so they wont put extra load but the subwoofer is 4ohm, can it be bad for a 6ohm receiver?

Impedance of a speaker keeps changing during playback and also depends on what levels you playback.

It will work and you can try at conservative volume levels..if the AVR is heating up too quickly at moderate levels that means possible trouble and you need to disconnect.

You can refer to the many youtube videos which has first hand information from users who have connected 4ohms speakers to 6-8 ohms load AVRs etc.

Impedance of a speaker keeps changing during playback and also depends on what levels you playback.

It will work and you can try at conservative volume levels..if the AVR is heating up too quickly at moderate levels that means possible trouble and you need to disconnect.

You can refer to the many youtube videos which has first hand information from users who have connected 4ohms speakers to 6-8 ohms load AVRs etc.
This Pioneer receiver has an option in the settings where you can set impedance to 4 ohms if the speakers are below 6 ohms, not sure if this setting will also apply to subwoofer, I read it in the manual, it mentions speaker not subwoofer.

This Pioneer receiver has an option in the settings where you can set impedance to 4 ohms if the speakers are below 6 ohms, not sure if this setting will also apply to subwoofer, I read it in the manual, it mentions speaker not subwoofer.
Speakers means all including subwoofer here

Speakers means all including subwoofer here
So the speakers are 8 ohms, passive subwoofer is 4 ohms, if change the AVR settings to below 4 ohms, it will treat all speakers and subwoofers below 4 ohms, will that decrease the sound quality of speakers? Or I should not get into this tricky situation and simply make the passive subwoofer active by using a class D amp.

So the speakers are 8 ohms, passive subwoofer is 4 ohms, if change the AVR settings to below 4 ohms, it will treat all speakers and subwoofers below 4 ohms, will that decrease the sound quality of speakers? Or I should not get into this tricky situation and simply make the passive subwoofer active by using a class D amp.

You can try the sertings and test at conservative volume levels and see if you find any quality difference. Personally i use speakers which are 8 ohms and above and also ensure i have a proper avr which outputs satisfactory power at 8 ohms to run the speakers. I have used 4 ohms rated speakers in the past and didn't like the playback as found something lacking in them. Ofcourse whats bad to me can be good for you as listening is subjective!

You can either experiment settings and see what works, else adopt the alternative solution and just add a proper power amp to the passive woofer. The choice is yours. We can only provide pointers or guidance, finally it is your call and decision to adopt a method as an end user.

You can try the sertings and test at conservative volume levels and see if you find any quality difference. Personally i use speakers which are 8 ohms and above and also ensure i have a proper avr which outputs satisfactory power at 8 ohms to run the speakers. I have used 4 ohms rated speakers in the past and didn't like the playback as found something lacking in them. Ofcourse whats bad to me can be good for you as listening is subjective!

You can either experiment settings and see what works, else adopt the alternative solution and just add a proper power amp to the passive woofer. The choice is yours. We can only provide pointers or guidance, finally it is your call and decision to adopt a method as an end user.
Thanks a lot, really appreciate the help.

Do most AVRs produce a "click" sound during switching on or off? Or atleast do all pioneer models do that? The service technician charged a lot and yet this sound comes - makes me want to know what he has done with the so called "overhaul" charges...

Any inputs will be appreciated. Tia.

Do most AVRs produce a "click" sound during switching on or off? Or atleast do all pioneer models do that? The service technician charged a lot and yet this sound comes - makes me want to know what he has done with the so called "overhaul" charges...

It's the relays.

It does for me since the very beginning. And I bought new. I just assumed it was normal thing, which it seems to be.

Most high end amps do it, related to the protection circuit. As long as the AVR functions well, dont worry about it.

Hey all,

I recently upgraded my projector from Full HD to a 4k one. My old receiver - a Denon 1713, of course does not pass through 4k/HDR. I have tried a few make shift solutions such as the Orei HDA-925 audio extractor but at a distance of 10m 4k/60hz is extremely unreliable. Hence thinking about upgrading the receiver now.

The dealer suggested pioneer LX-304. Just wanted to get some hands on feedback about this. Seems like the after sales is very bad? Would appreciate any suggestions on this.

My location is Hyderabad.

Thanks,
Nitin
Any Pioneer dealer in Hyderabad, I want to buy LX-305 Pioneer

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back