• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Pioneer avr owners thread

jake

Hello Ppl , wanted to upgrade my AVR , i currently own a yamaha A810 , looking to purchase the Pioneer LX 503 . The prices i see online vary a lot. Any one here with this AVR or know about the price ?

Do Pioneer and Paradigms match well ?

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Love4sound

Any one using the pioneer lx 503? I read some where that it does not have individual speaker crossover settings.

jake

Any one using the pioneer lx 503? I read some where that it does not have individual speaker crossover settings.
Yes , I read the same on some AV forums. I think this feature is available only on high AVRs now. You may try Onkyo , I think they have this feature on mid range AVRs too. Not sure tho.

Love4sound

Yes , I read the same on some AV forums. I think this feature is available only on high AVRs now. You may try Onkyo , I think they have this feature on mid range AVRs too. Not sure tho.
Well this actually isn't a high end feature. Other brands offer crossover settings for each speakers in most of their models

jake

Well this actually isn't a high end feature. Other brands offer crossover settings for each speakers in most of their models
sorry my bad , i thought only the likes of Yamaha 3080 (same league AVRs) had this feature. Just checked even the 6013 has this.
True. And for that matter LX503 is not an entry level AVR by any definition.
yes sir , you are correct. btw i never said its a an entry level AVR.

Love4sound

sorry my bad , i thought only the likes of Yamaha 3080 (same league AVRs) had this feature. Just checked even the 6013 has this.
Even my denon 2400 has individual crossover settings for speakers. Also the lower version 1400/1500 and lesser version to marantz 6013 has the settings. Very disappointing from pioneer.

jake

Even my denon 2400 has individual crossover settings for speakers. Also the lower version 1400/1500 and lesser version to marantz 6013 has the settings. Very disappointing from pioneer.
yes , i was checking out the LX 503 for upgrade. Btw even my Yamaha A810 also doesn't have this feature . :D

Love4sound

yes , i was checking out the LX 503 for upgrade. Btw even my Yamaha A810 also doesn't have this feature . :D
Ok but i think the latest Yamaha avr's do have the individual crossover settings available.

rksingh1

latest Yamaha avr's do have the individual crossover settings

Yamaha V585 doesn't and I'd feel even V685 won't have it. Speaker config are at these levels:

1. Configure them Small or Large. There is a crossover option there. For the speakers set as Small - freq lower than crossover won't be sent.
2. Set individual speaker level volume
3. Set individual speaker level EQ.

But there is no individual speaker level crossover setting.

SPONSORED ADS

Love4sound

Yamaha V585 doesn't and I'd feel even V685 won't have it. Speaker config are at these levels:

1. Configure them Small or Large. There is a crossover option there. For the speakers set as Small - freq lower than crossover won't be sent.
2. Set individual speaker level volume
3. Set individual speaker level EQ.

But there is no individual speaker level crossover setting.
Such an important setting not available in an atmos AVR is shocking. I am going to stick with Denon

SPONSORED ADS