Pioneer avr owners thread

I just got a VSX-LX303 AVR. All things fine, I somehow cannot get it to work on 5GHz band. Somehow the SSID is just not visible. I have not hidden this SSID and its works fine for all my other devices at home. It is not a bottleneck as I can do the hard wire connection to the LAN as well, but am wondering if I am missing anything OR there is any specifically I need to tweak on the AVR setting which can enable this freq. band.

Congrats on the Purchase!

Extract from Owners manual....

4. Network Connection
Make the network connection settings.
There are two methods for network connection. "Wired": Use a wired LAN to connect to a network. "Wireless": Wi-Fi connection using an access point such as a wireless LAN router. There are two methods for Wi-Fi connection. "Scan Networks": Search for an access point from this unit. Find out the SSID of the access point beforehand. "Use iOS Device (iOS7 or later)": Share the Wi-Fi settings of your iOS device with this unit. If you select "Scan Networks", there are another two types of connection methods. Check the following. "Enter Password":Enter the password (or key) of the access point to connect. "Push Button": If the access point is equipped with an automatic setting button, you can connect without entering the password. • If the SSID of the access point is not displayed, select "Other..." with the cursor on the SSID list screen, press ENTER, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Network function
• If you cannot select a network service, start up the network function to select it. It may take approx. one minute to start it up. • When the NET indicator is blinking, this unit is not properly connected to the home network. • Unplug and plug the power cords of this unit and the router, or restart the router. • If the desired router is not displayed in the access point list, it may be set to hide SSID, or the ANY connection may be off. Change the setting and try again. Check the following if the problem persists after you have confirmed the above.

Cannot access wireless LAN network
• The wireless LAN router setting may be switched to Manual. Restore the setting to Auto. • Try the manual set-up. The connection may succeed. • When the wireless LAN router is in stealth mode (mode to hide SSID) or when the ANY connection is off, the SSID is not displayed. Change the setting and try again. • Check if the SSID and encryption settings (WEP, etc.) are correct. Match the network settings with the settings of this unit. • Connection to an SSID that includes multi-byte characters is not supported. Set the SSID of the wireless LAN router using single-byte alphanumeric characters only, and try again.

Connected to an SSID different from the selected SSID
Some wireless LAN routers allow you to set multiple SSIDs for one unit. If connecting to such a router using the automatic setting button, you may end up connecting to an SSID different from the SSID you want to connect to. If this occurs, use the connection method requiring you to enter a password

Tech Specs on Manual for Network

Ethernet LAN 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n standard (Wi-Fi® standard) 5 GHz/2.4 GHz band

Hope this helps....read the manual......most AVRs have different settings and menus.....

Thanks for the detailed note. Issue is in the 5 Ghz connection. I also tried the "other option" post scanning for networks and inserting the detailis manually. It connected but the connection status on router shows 2.4Ghz. I also changed the SSID name on the router as it had an "underscore". Last resort, I may try resetting the router.

Hello every one, i am surprised to see when you go to Pioneer India website the Home audio section is no more available, it only shows up product in related to car Stereos & Speakers.

acquired these two recently, 1536737252404633.jpeg

sadly the vsx 5075 (black) is dead.
any reputed technicians do this !

Last edited:
Anyone know a place to service Pioneer Elite vsx-21TXH receiver in Bangalore.

You can contact HT-store or Jamsticks in JP nagar, Even DNI they might help coz they all sell/deal pioneer avr's.. DNI might cote more coz when i went for a demo and did asked them the price of LX302 they coated around 80k which was way high then any other sellers price.

You can contact HT-store or Jamsticks in JP nagar, Even DNI they might help coz they all sell/deal pioneer avr's.. DNI might cote more coz when i went for a demo and did asked them the price of LX302 they coated around 80k which was way high then any other sellers price.

DNI declined. Htstore is not reachable vie email/phone :/

[RE-POSTED as suggested by a senior FM]

Hi everyone,

I got some doubts regarding my Pioneer VSX LX-302. Hope I could get some answers here. Found nothing relative anywhere in net. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My gear:
Sony X930e 65” TV
VSX LX302 AVR
Boston acoustics speakers
PS4 Pro
Xbox one X
Nvidia SHIELD TV
Mid-level PC
All are connected to AVR, then to TV through mono price premium HDMI cables.

Issues:

1. No sound when playing DTS HD-HRA videos from shield tv or PC. Everything else is fine. And the product page and the box says it supports hi-res audio..?
2. This is the main one. I figured out that 8 and 10 bit 4k content are reported as 24 and 30 bit 4k on the status box(press status button in remote). But when I output 12 bit 4k video it shows as 24 bit. I was expecting a 36 bit output, as the product website says that it supports deep color output, which is 36 bit(12 bit). Also, in my xbox when I chose 1080p for resolution and 12 bit output, the receiver reads it correctly and shows 36 bit in the status. 4K is where the problem starts. And when playing 4k remuxes in the shield(which are 24Hz and 10 bit btw), the avr reports as 4:2:2 24 bit whereas the correct one should be 4:2:0 30 bit.

So, that’s it. Just two problems..no big thing..lol.
Please let me know if you have come across any of these problems and found any workarounds for them. Or maybe just my unit is faulty. But I need to find out anyhow. Can't get rid of the thought that I'm missing out on something that I actually have.

Thank you,
Suren.V

Hello All,

Can anyone give me a SQ comparison between 531 and Yamaha 377/3067? Do we have HDMI passthrough in vsx 531 during standby? I have auditioned 3077 with P40 speakers and it was good for my liking. I would also like to know where i could audition Pioneer in Chennai and a shop reference will also be good.

Last edited:
Hi..i have a 8 year old 1020K..for the past week it shuts off as i increase the volume. when I google I see a ton of people with similar problems. Anyone here experienced this and have some ideas? i will check my speaker wiring today..any other ideas are welcome. Thx

I am opening a new thread...ignore this one pls./.Thx

Last edited:
Guys ,

This is my first Post in this Thread as i recently bought an Used Pioneer VSX 1122 K from one of our FM .

I previously owned Onkyo HTR 390 AVR and replaced it with VSX 1122 K Just two days in hand .I can see a lot of feature compared to my earlier one which has very Basic model .Still Need to learn a lot on the options.

I have a basic Query

* My connection is AVR --> TV out through HDMI . BluRay ---> AVR ---> TV . While i switch on my AVR and TV and select the Input Source as TV in AVR i just see No Signal screen in my TV . Is there any Logo / Image Displayed while doing it Normally ? I use to get an Blue Screen in my Onkyo AVR .
But while i press the Receiver Button + Home Menu Button in the AVR i am getting the Home Screen with all the Options .

You need to select the HDMI port to which you have connected the TV, not the actual source.
Read the manual carefully before connecting up :)
My TV is connected to the HDMI Output of My AVR . Should i also connect another cable from TV --> AVR in the HDMI Input Source

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back