Pioneer avr owners thread

Recently bought AirTel internet TV box and the experience is really amazing. It's miles ahead than the TCCL HD box setup. Too many options and bluetooth remote greatly makes more sense. Selecting any channel would be a breeze (just say the channel name decently by pressing that mic button on the remote). Also, controls the entire STD by using appropriate AirTel game app.

Let me come to the actual topic. Yesterday bought Pioneer VSX-531K as my old received VSX-522K gone kaput after serving very well 5 years.

When I connected the STB HDMI to AVR HDMI IN (SAT/CBL), I hear only the Audio from the speakers and the HDMI not passing any Video through AVR. I tried to connect multiple HDMI cables/slots in the AVR. But no luck. When I connected the BD player on the same I get both AV.

Finally I connected the STB to TV directly through HDMI and used SPDIF for Audio through AVR. Though I'm really enjoying the sound output now, I don't understand why there is no Video from HDMI. Any suggestions/inputs please.

just saw this query... im sorry to say you may very well have HDMI board issue..i just had the same and now have found a work around using optical cable as elango suggested... if you use it only for the airtel stb connect the airtel hdmi directly to the tv..buy an optical cable and connect that to the amp! on the other hand im looking to buy a HDMI $K switch with IR remote so i can "almost" have a similar to avr to tv hdmi issue..

can anyone suggest if the following product is advisable..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073J46J3R/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3KZ1E32IRAKJR

is there any reliable product in india??

I have pioneer vsx 930
When I changing mode or stereo to surround it make click sound is it normal ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone,

Greetings to all forum members. Please suggest with your valuable advise regarding the below problem.
I purchased an AVR VSX1131 around few months back. But, i am facing a trouble that whenever i play DTS:X files in it; the speakers crackle. There is absolutely no problem while playing other sound formats such as Dolby Atmos, DTS HDMA etc.
I play movies through Kodi & have enabled passthrough for every sound format. I have read various other blogs regarding speakers crackling. But, in those forums/blogs, problem was there for all the sound formats. In my case, the problem is only with DTS:X.

Please advise.

Hello everyone,

Greetings to all forum members. Please suggest with your valuable advise regarding the below problem.
I purchased an AVR VSX1131 around few months back. But, i am facing a trouble that whenever i play DTS:X files in it; the speakers crackle. There is absolutely no problem while playing other sound formats such as Dolby Atmos, DTS HDMA etc.
I play movies through Kodi & have enabled passthrough for every sound format. I have read various other blogs regarding speakers crackling. But, in those forums/blogs, problem was there for all the sound formats. In my case, the problem is only with DTS:X.

Please advise.
Did you checked online for Update if any? - Pioneer website.
Recently i have got an update for my LX 59 which i yet to perform.
I would suggest you to check the source aswell.
You mentioned you are running with Kodi but what about the Hardware is it PC(HTPC) or Media player Android box kind of thing?
If it is HTPC you have to look for workaround which is really painful.you can run with Normal VLC or any standalone player to see the performance to rollout the bug in Kodi.
All the best

Note - last year and current year Pioneer update info shows some DTS:X related which i already performed last year it could be some patch for Dts:X performance.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Did you checked online for Update if any? - Pioneer website.
Recently i have got an update for my LX 59 which i yet to perform.
I would suggest you to check the source aswell.
You mentioned you are running with Kodi but what about the Hardware is it PC(HTPC) or Media player Android box kind of thing?
If it is HTPC you have to look for workaround which is really painful.you can run with Normal VLC or any standalone player to see the performance to rollout the bug in Kodi.
All the best

Note - last year and current year Pioneer update info shows some DTS:X related which i already performed last year it could be some patch for Dts:X performance.

Thanks Sir,

Sorry, i forgot to mention that i use android media box. Will check for the update today. I will post the updates tomorrow after firmware update.

Thanks Sir,

Sorry, i forgot to mention that i use android media box. Will check for the update today. I will post the updates tomorrow after firmware update.
You can check update For Android media box also if available.
Share the model details about Android box

Sir,

I checked the Android box too but there is no upgrade pending. Any other solution for this problem?
Sorry,i dont have himedia player may be u can try looking for media player user reviews towards DTS:X issues.
Google it may b u can get some input.
All the best [emoji106]

how to tweak crossover setting in pioneer av receiver to get good bass effect for both movies and music.
Room dimension-17'6'' X 12'00'' with wooden flooring
System config:
One Pair Wharfedale Diamond 230 Floorstanding Speakers
One Piece Wharfedale 220 Centre Channel Speake
Two Pair Wharfedale 10.DFS rear/Surround Speakers
Wharfedale D-10 Subwoofer
One pair of warfaedale 10. DFS as height speakers
Pioneer-VSX- LX-302 Av Receiver
please help me out.
with regards

Hi all

I bought lx302

Now the challenge. This is my first HT. And I am not sure of the settings etc. Woofers not working(it works during mcacc setup) checked it's set up at 4db. Usb not detected and arc also not working. Manual is not detailed and even the remote has very less buttons.
Tried using front hdmi even that's not getting detected or I m unable to switch via remote, unsure.
It would be great if I can connect with an owner who can help me. I am located in Hyderabad.

Good morning
I think connections problem
Did you follow the manual
Please see diagram- set up
Electrical connections- you should use heavy duty -4-6kv stabiliser please don’t plug directly and let it alone plugged to stabiliser .

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back