Pioneer AVR suddenly stopped decoding HD formats

sl4y3r

Hi all, My LX303 (on the latest firmware) has suddenly stopped decoding DTS HDMA or Dolby THD (or DD+) as a result I have lost Dolby Atmos. I have tried the below;

1) Swapping HDMI Cables
2) AVR Reset
3) Swapping HDMI Ports
4) Swapping Source Devices.
5) Different Media Players (MediaPlayerClassic, KODI, PDVD, VLC)

I only have PCs which I use to bitstream Audio. Tried 2 different PCs and the issue persist.

DD and DTS (non-HD streams) decode just fine.

Lastly, anyone know who is now handling Pioneer AVR service in Mumbai? It used to be Kripa Electronics but called them this morning and they said they no longer service Pioneer AVRs and did not know who does now.

TIA

Hi all, My LX303 (on the latest firmware) has suddenly stopped decoding DTS HDMA or Dolby THD (or DD+) as a result I have lost Dolby Atmos. I have tried the below;

1) Swapping HDMI Cables
2) AVR Reset
3) Swapping HDMI Ports

I only have PCs which I use to bitstream Audio. Tried 2 different PCs and the issue persist.

Lastly, anyone know who is now handling Pioneer AVR service in Mumbai? It used to be Kripa Electronics but called them this morning and they said they no longer service Pioneer AVRs and did not know who does now.

TIA
Cinebels in Bandra are authorised dealers and handle servicing of Pioneer and Onkyo AVRs.

If I may ask, did you change any hardware or drivers on the PC? Also, if you are using windows, can you confirm the exact issue? When playing lossless formats, are you not getting any sound? Or is it something else?

If I may ask, did you change any hardware or drivers on the PC? Also, if you are using windows, can you confirm the exact issue? When playing lossless formats, are you not getting any sound? Or is it something else?
No hardware or driver change, but Windows updates have happened.. can't be sure if they coincided with the issue as I don't watch DA content daily. But the issue is the minute any high res/bit rate signal is played/sent via bitstreaming to the AVR, I get no sound at all. If I press the status button on my remote to see the info of the audio signal being received by the AVR, Input and output show nothing/blank.

Ok. This looks like a capability handshake problem to me. I may be wrong though. Atmos and lossless audio support is weird in Windows.

Maybe you can check one thing on the PC side. Right click on the sound icon and select Sounds > Playback tab. Disable everything else except the AVR. Double click the AVR output device and go to the advanced tab. Select the exclusive mode checkbox if unchecked. The priority checkbox is optional. Try restarting the system and see if you still get the same problem.

Also, please reinstall your graphics drivers once just to make sure nothing is broken.

Another option in case you are having onboard graphics (and I'm assuming you're currently using your dedicated GPU output till this point), try enabling the iGPU from uefi if it is disabled and connect your AVR/display chain to the iGPU HDMI port on the motherboard.

1) Swapping HDMI Cables
2) AVR Reset
3) Swapping HDMI Ports

TIA
Not very thorough with the subject but suspect that something to do with copy protection using HDCP. Can you check relevant settings?

See audio out devices in your windows - see if it is showing multichannel audio
(pic below only for reference - it should show 7.1 if enabled)Untitled.pngif 7.1

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back