Pioneer BDP-150 3D bluray Player - Is it worth?

This is very surprising. I haven't come across a BDP that does not have analogue (RCA) output. If indeed, the BDP-450 does not have analogue output, then you have the (costly) option of going via DAC.

Does your amp have HDMI or Coaxial or Optical? Then you could use that also.

Pioneer BDP-450 review - Blu-ray Player - Trusted Reviews

check the above link, it clearly says no analogue audio output.

Actually i was considering this pioneer bdp 450 and panasonic bdt 220. The Pioneer dont come with analogue output and i dont think my amp marantz pm6003 has any of hdmi/coaxial/optical, so i dropped the idea of pioneer.

Regards, Amit

That is correct.

There is no analogue audio/video outs in Pioneer 450. I have seen the actual player. But 150 and 55 do.

That is one of the cons of this player, however, it has two HDMI outs for separate transfer of video and audio.

It is supposed to have a superior video processor.

My friend runs his system thru HDMI so no problems for him.

Give me this weekend and I will confirm with my friend the prices of BDP-450, 150 and LX-55.

Vinod

That is correct.

There is no analogue audio/video outs in Pioneer 450. I have seen the actual player. But 150 and 55 do.

That is one of the cons of this player, however, it has two HDMI outs for separate transfer of video and audio.

Give me this weekend and I will confirm with my friend the prices of BDP-450, 150 and LX-55.

Vinod

Hi Vinod

If the BDP 150 has the analogue output, then i can probably consider buying the same.

REgards, Amit

That is correct.

Vinod

Also check about the region locks for bluray & dvd and the power supply requirements.

Hello for all people looking to buy Pioneer BDPs:

The prices are:

Prices that I heard from my friend for 150, 450 and 55 respectively is Rs 10500, 11500 and 16500 respectively.

Previous price quote stands corrected.

Regards

Vinod

Last edited:
Hello for all people looking to buy Pioneer BDPs:

The prices are:

Prices that I heard from my friend for 150, 450 and 55 respectively is Rs 10500, 11500 and 16500 respectively.

Previous price quote stands corrected.

Regards

Vinod

thanks a lot Vinod for this update. Any idea about region locks for playing blu ray disc or dvd and power supply requirements.

Power requirements not a problem, works on our 240v.

Region lock is something I am not sure. Earlier in the thread that was our discussion, although it seemed to play both original and pirated discs.

By the way, update is that my friend has sold off the 450 and picked up the 55.

Vinod

Power requirements not a problem, works on our 240v.

Region lock is something I am not sure. Earlier in the thread that was our discussion, although it seemed to play both original and pirated discs.

By the way, update is that my friend has sold off the 450 and picked up the 55.

Vinod

hi Vinod,

pls check if your friend can enlighten us about the region locks of BDs and Dvds, he is best person to tell us as he is the user. I am fine if it plays the one available in India.

Also let us know about the seller, if more people are interested then 2 or 3 of us can go togehter and clarify any doubts.

Hello Amit and all,

I have checked the player Pioneer 55 today. Build quality is a notch up the 450 or 150 by my friend's assessment.

It seems to play both original and bootleg versions of BDs. Price is Rs 17,000 (price is a 500 more).

On the box (with which the serial no of the player also matches) Region A and DVD region 3.

However as far as I know firmware hacks to make this player region free are available.

By my friend's assessment this seems to be the best player that he has used so far. He has gone thru Sony's 370, 380 etc plus Pioneer 140, 440, 450 and now 55. He did not like the 450 much as it was not playing some pirated movies according to him. This one seems to. He is an experienced user and I would trust his gut instinct and feel for the product.

As far as the seller is concerned it is not a shop that can be pointed out to as it is a grey market product. However I am more than happy to help procure this player for someone if he wants my help here in Bangalore.

Hope this is helpful.

Vinod

Grandcinema store in chennai sells pioneer BDP's for grey and regular prices. 16500/- was lx-55 price last checked.

Piracy discussions are not permitted on the forum. Just a friendly advice.

Agreed.

However I was just voicing the opinion of my friend and his assessment with regards to this player, so that people on this thread can make an informed decision. I myself plan to go the import way in terms of collecting blu rays as my player is going to be a region locked A player :).

Agreed.

However I was just voicing the opinion of my friend and his assessment with regards to this player, so that people on this thread can make an informed decision. I myself plan to go the import way in terms of collecting blu rays as my player is going to be a region locked A player :).

Hi
I am looking for a good quality Bluray and DVD player with all the interfaces (USB (harddisk and USB support) Wifi,DVD,MP3, and should support normally available video codecs.

My present Philips plays all but looking for a HDMI interface too.

Looking forward for your suggestions

If you have downloaded content only, then there is no need to buy a BD/DVD player. Buy a media player instead.

Buy a BDP mainly for disc playing capability, if you buy or rent, etc. If you choose to buy a BDP, you can look at:

1. Panasonic DMP-BDT220 (can be made region-free via firmware update)
2. Pioneer 450 model

If you have downloaded content only, then there is no need to buy a BD/DVD player. Buy a media player instead.

Buy a BDP mainly for disc playing capability, if you buy or rent, etc. If you choose to buy a BDP, you can look at:

1. Panasonic DMP-BDT220 (can be made region-free via firmware update)
2. Pioneer 450 model

On a big screen HDTV,does the BDP do the upscaling or is it left to the TV to do the upscaling of the content ( with respect to downloaded 720p files ) ?

On a big screen HDTV,does the BDP do the upscaling or is it left to the TV to do the upscaling of the content ( with respect to downloaded 720p files ) ?

BDP does the upscaling. TVs don't upscale - they adjust the resolution to optimum.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

BDP does the upscaling. TVs don't upscale - they adjust the resolution to optimum.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Won't the upscaler chip in the BDP be better than one in a media player like the WDTV live ? Hence,does it not make better sense PQ ( wise) to get the BDP rather than a media player ?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back