Pioneer BDP-150 3D bluray Player - Is it worth?

Won't the upscaler chip in the BDP be better than one in a media player like the WDTV live ? Hence,does it not make better sense PQ ( wise) to get the BDP rather than a media player ?

What kind of source material are we thinking of being upscaled here? Are you talking about 700mb AVI files, dvix, xvid? Then forget it. There will be some minor improvement but that's about it. Garbage in = garbage out. Read my review on Panasonic DMP-BDT220.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

What kind of source material are we thinking of being upscaled here? Are you talking about 700mb AVI files, dvix, xvid? Then forget it. There will be some minor improvement but that's about it. Garbage in = garbage out.
Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

I'm referring to 720p HDTV rips of TV shows - 1.2 GB mkv files of 40 mins duration.Would a BDP upscale this better compared to the WDTV or similar media players ? My screen is a 55".

Strange. Sony S370 plays VCDs just fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Is your sony S370 bought in India? if yes, what is the Blu Ray region Code ? A or C ?

I need to get a 3D Blu Ray player with Region Code A that can play VCDs. I think its a tough ask now in the lower price range :(. My primary player is Oppo-93 and that can play VCDs :). I am looking for a cheap 3D BDP for my living room. I almost decided on Pioneer BDP-150 from US. I will have to skip it because it will not play VCDs.

I think the best bet is to get an Indian version sony 3D BDP - S490 and mod it to play Region A Blu Rays. Is that possible ?

Thanks,
John.

S370 was purchased from Vijay sales, Mumbai. Yep, region C. I gave it to a friend with the LG Plasma.

Have a S490 region C now. Upgraded to 3D to match the GT50. I buy BRs from Amazon.uk so planning to import a S790 from UK or DE. Just checked and it will cost about 18,000 INR.

I have VCDs but very few. It plays on Pioneer 420 DVDP.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back