Pioneer DV-525 No disk error.

prakashsubbanna

Hi Guys,

Yesterday, my Pioneer DV-525 (the old faithful) died on me. It shows " No Disk" error.
There was some squeaky noise and track jump before that. I did open it up and clean the lens with cu-tip ( earbud).

It powers on & when a disk is inserted either audio or DVD.. the disk does not spin & the " No disk error" message is displayed.

Any idea what might be wrong. Also any competent DVD repair center in Bangalore?

Your suggestions and help is appreciated. Thanks & Regards.

First of all, it's Q-tip :). I was surfing the net for Pioneer DV-525 after seeing your thread and I came across this EB page. Most probably the issue with your player would be the pick-up lens. If so, then this EB page would be helpful I guess (Ships to worldwide)

New Optical Laser Lens Pickup for Pioneer DV 515 DV 525 DV 535 | eBay

When the pick-up gives up, the disk spins or sometimes tries to spin (a slight movement lasting like a second) and reads 'No disc'. I normally changes the lens of my and my friends players myself as it is not a complex task. Any audio video technician can help you with this.

Aliexp link

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Repl...ens-Lasereinheit-ASSY-Unit-DV/1950167737.html

Last edited:
Hey ..did you mean that the disk does not spin at at all .. even when the initial loading happens and the laser pickup tries to achieve a focus lock on the index...
If this is the case then it could probably be a bad disk motor servo or possibly a faulty servo driver...my 2 cents...

Last edited:
@ Technics_Fan, Yes, the disk does not spin at all. Today, i tried cleaning the lens again and used a blast of air from vacuum clearer to just clean it up...Once or twice it did turn and picked up the disk...but did not do any thing other than that.

All other functions seems normal. the laser lights up and the head unit positions to its place. Tray eject is normal. But, That's it & " No disk Error" is displayed.

Prob. it a weak laser or a bad servo motor. The replacement unit of the laser is costing about $56 on ebay as Sarith indicated. I am wondering to get it or not...I am not sure if its laser or motor..

More so there are other new player options are available for a few bucks more...!! So, weighing the options.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back