Pioneer RS 33 vs Onkyo HTS 3400

What are the features ur looking into a AVR? For me VSX-323 had all that i needed to start. Also I wanted a whole experience today and not after some years back so today i purchased an Pioneer Rs-33 and tht was the end no upgrade enjoying what ever is possible in my budget.

But today people can buy the VSX-323 AVR and SP-FS52 as package. for the same price actually a little above 41k, but youcan notice the difference.

so if ur planning to upgrade then onkyo else just go with an RS-33 package or a Pioneer 523k with SP-FS52.

Onkyo has lot of connectivity options but the version which I checked has terrible heat issues cant say about this model. So u decide the route you want to go ahead.

Okay sure I want to see demo. And where do I see demo in chennai and can u people suggest me what would be the best pricing for Onkyo? Ll it be around 25k?

Hi Balaji,

I bought Onkyo HTS 3500 a year back from viveks, Mylapore. The price was 27K. IMO, Rather than going for 3400, you can consider 3500 which has USB as an additional feature. No comment on Pioneer since I dont have any experience with that.

Hi,

Don't underestimate ONKYO on BASS level. Have you tested 'Double Bass' function on ONKYO? It is more than sufficient. Though I agree that I have NOT listened Pioneer RS 33.

Only I want to say....just test ONKYO HTS by settings (double bass) & then listen to your choice.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Setup: (1) ONKYO-HTS3300 / Xtreamer / Samsung 32LED (2) DENON PMA-510AE / Paradigm Titan Monitors /PC- Xonar Essence STX

dear sudhir ,
as your signature specifies that you own HTS 3300 , recently I have auditioned HTS 3400 , I loved the bass when I increased SW level to +12db by level calib setting. I was satisfied with performance , reliance digital at Ujjain is offering min HTS 3400 in 27000/- , but I noticed they are also selling their last piece of HTS-3300 in just 18000/- , as far as I know , HTS-3400 just one extra HDMI as compare to HTS-3300 . Suggest me what to do , as I am thinking to go for HTS-3300 , but when I auditioned HTS-3300 it seem that SW was not working , then Reliance Digital told me that they will get it sorted out once I confirm the purchase..
Pls suggest as there is 9000/- bucks of difference is there in these two models..
Thanks in advance. :)

Hi Balaji,

From where you are getting Pioneer @ Rs 37K, I am really surprised that you are actually getting a very good deal. here in delhi it is quoted more than 40k.

by the way, which one you bought Onkyo, Pioneer or something else. I am also having the same budget and in same dilemma, as my living room is 20'x20', so not able to decide which one to choose.

Thanks

Hi All,
Im from chennai and looking for home theater. Im ver y new to this forum.
Need experts advice.

I saw Onkyo HTS 3400 which is very decent sounded and i saw Pioneer RS 33 which is visibly big and the bass was huge.:)

Now im confused to decide, My budget is 30K and onkyo is 28k and pioneer is 37K

Plz help on this. also suggest me. :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back