Pioneer RS 33 vs Onkyo HTS 3400

Balaaji

Hi All,
Im from chennai and looking for home theater. Im ver y new to this forum.
Need experts advice.

I saw Onkyo HTS 3400 which is very decent sounded and i saw Pioneer RS 33 which is visibly big and the bass was huge.:)

Now im confused to decide, My budget is 30K and onkyo is 28k and pioneer is 37K

Plz help on this. also suggest me. :)

Hi All,
Im from chennai and looking for home theater. Im ver y new to this forum.
Need experts advice.

I saw Onkyo HTS 3400 which is very decent sounded and i saw Pioneer RS 33 which is visibly big and the bass was huge.:)

Now im confused to decide, My budget is 30K and onkyo is 28k and pioneer is 37K

Plz help on this. also suggest me. :)
Hi balaji,

How was the sound quality of pioneer ? where did u make the audition ? I m also from chennai

I had bought a similar model from a FM a while ago as a tertiary setup I honestly feel it is better than the Onkyo 3400.
Primarily due to the FS front speakers and the Sub. the sub is boomy especially in the todoroki mode. However still pretty good and lots of slam.

HI thanks for replying. I saw at kilpauk which is near to kilpauk garden. They actually deal with torvin. Very near to new avadi road bus stop

The same i felt dude, But my budget is also my concern. The BASS was awesome.

Hi,

Don't underestimate ONKYO on BASS level. Have you tested 'Double Bass' function on ONKYO? It is more than sufficient. Though I agree that I have NOT listened Pioneer RS 33.

Only I want to say....just test ONKYO HTS by settings (double bass) & then listen to your choice.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Setup: (1) ONKYO-HTS3300 / Xtreamer / Samsung 32LED (2) DENON PMA-510AE / Paradigm Titan Monitors /PC- Xonar Essence STX

Hi,

Don't underestimate ONKYO on BASS level. Have you tested 'Double Bass' function on ONKYO? It is more than sufficient. Though I agree that I have NOT listened Pioneer RS 33.

Only I want to say....just test ONKYO HTS by settings (double bass) & then listen to your choice.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Setup: (1) ONKYO-HTS3300 / Xtreamer / Samsung 32LED (2) DENON PMA-510AE / Paradigm Titan Monitors /PC- Xonar Essence STX

Thanks a lot, Let me try in this week end and see. Thanks u:)

Thanks a lot, Let me try in this week end and see. Thanks u:)

Okay sure I want to see demo. And where do I see demo in chennai and can u people suggest me what would be the best pricing for Onkyo? Ll it be around 25k?

Where did u checked it ? What the price ? How was the performace for musica and movies ?

Give ratings

Where did u checked it ? What the price ? How was the performace for musica and movies ?

Give ratings

Dude, I checked at Kilpauk garden road. It's an trovin showroom also pioneer too available..
It's good actually... Bass is great.... But the tall boys are not covered... And I don't know how to say that actually the speaker is made with paper inside and not silicon!! It is risky and easily damaged by children !!!!

Rating!! 3 out of 5!!!

what avr did they used with the rs-33 speaker package.

FS are a part of rs-33 (tallboys) no idea why they call them tallboys.

rs-32 has all BS ( book shelves )

go for vsx 323 + rs33. yes its expensive then onkyo but the sound upgrade and future proofing is worth every paisa..

323 is 3d capable and 4k passthrough.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back