Pioneer sp-fs52 andrew jones designed now in india

Got the 5.1 set for less than 48k. Another set left with the distributor in pune for those interested. From what he said along with the speakers pioneer shoves other aparently non moving items (av receivers, bd, dvd players) down the distributors throat! I saw bulk of these in his stocks.
He was not ready to sell only floorstanding speakers as then there aren't many takers for other speakers.

Got the 5.1 set for less than 48k. Another set left with the distributor in pune for those interested. From what he said along with the speakers pioneer shoves other aparently non moving items (av receivers, bd, dvd players) down the distributors throat! I saw bulk of these in his stocks.
He was not ready to sell only floorstanding speakers as then there aren't many takers for other speakers.

Great purchase, congrats!!!!
Idont know if u still hv window to negotiate, try to pay 46k. I got 5.0 in 35k, and being offered sub in 11k, so it is 46k , and i still hv window of further negotiation of 500 bucks, so it could b 45.5k. Try it. Other wise 46 is also not that bad

But my experience is opposite, i watched dark knight , and it was mind blowing. I felt almst i m sitting in theatre. And i even confirmed twice if it is pioneer sub

I am not sure, it could be a problematic sub. The subs driver was moving too much when the volume was increased yet there was not much sound. With increased volume it was distorting too much also all the time the sub kept moving/slipping on the carpet because of vibration.

I am not sure, it could be a problematic sub. The subs driver was moving too much when the volume was increased yet there was not much sound. With increased volume it was distorting too much also all the time the sub kept moving/slipping on the carpet because of vibration.

well i think you increased the gain too much from AVR side and as well as sub side.

when i brought this sub for trial, it was same for me.
i reduced gain from AVR side (in range of -8 dB) and at 10 o clock position on SUB. and it was OK.

though when i turned to music and d2h with same settings i felt bass was almost absent, i don't know if it is normal, as i am just new to all this.

can anyone more knowledgeble throw light on it?

Or LFE track is very heavy in this particular movie?

Last edited:
not got a chance still to test the sub. But I ended up buying pioneer BS-22 today. So collected pioneer Andrew Jones 5.0.

i am going to be kicked out of house pretty soon... ;)

Yes, now i have paired by AJ 5.0 with YHT-299 supplied Yamaha AVR (HTR-3066). Yesterday i replaced my FS with the BS. I could see much improved performance especially the BASS while playing music with my AVR which was not evident with the FS-52.

I think it may be because the AVR doesn't have that power to drive the FS while it could easily drive the BS hence there was a vast improvement in the bass section.

Having said, this, i have then replaced the BS to the rear section and saw few minutes of transformer movie. It was good all round and I am happy with my purchase.

Eventually i would like to setup the YHT-299 to another room, so thaat I can use a new AVR to drive the AJ5.0.

Hi Everybody.....I am New To this Speaker forum......
First I Want to Thanks Sash for this Thread....

I am also in the market for Avr & Speakers & interested in Pioneer 52 model.
My requirement is 75% Movies/Tv & 25% Music(Hindi film songs/classical vocal & instrumental & western Symphony).

I have Already posted New Thread for:-

Avr Denon X 1000/ E 300/ Yamaha Rxv 575/ Onkyo 525.

So please give any contact from where i can buy whenever it arrives in India.
I am from Mumbai Hope it might Launch here only. If You have any more information in this regards i request you please forward me.

Thanking You for your Information....

With Regards...

Rajubhai.

Hello,

You won't go wrong with Andrew Jones designed pioneer speakers. They are great audio bargains.

I did want to make comment that the separation of "this %' for movies and 'this %' music is a false separation.

Any speakers that reproduce music well will do great for home theater.

Anyone who says a set of speakers are better for home theater is usually listening to the one-dimensional 'boom' from the speakers/subwoofer and being superficially impressed. Long term this sort of reproduction will leave you wanting.

Movies soundtracks are voice and music (and explosions). Good bass reproduction for music will result in good bass reproduction for explosions.
Good voice and instruments reproduction will result in good music and good movie dialog and soundtrack.

My 2 paasa's....

Last edited:
Does anyone know which stores in Bangalore are selling these? It was retailing on snapdeal a while back for 46k but is out of stock now.

Does anyone know which stores in Bangalore are selling these? It was retailing on snapdeal a while back for 46k but is out of stock now.

If you just need the Floor standers, check avenuesound.in, get in touch with Aashish Hingorani. HT STORE in JP Nagar 7th phase has the AJ designed Bookshelves but not FS, I'm planning to buy mine next Nov.

Regards,
Rajiv

Reliance digital in Phoenix whitefield.... Go at hours where nobody is there to handle all the settings and tuning yourself... Those guys don't know shit...

They said today they don't have the speakers sir, no one in bangalore has and the going price seems too steep on these right now

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back