Pioneer sp-fs52 andrew jones designed now in india

I watched a few movies, and then got back to listening to music, and suddenly the speakers sounded a lot better!

I listen to western classical, rock, hard-rock, pop, trance, country and folk, and it all rocks!

Do you have just the FS or the entire 5.1? If latter, did you listen to music only on the FS, or 2.1, or the 5.1?

I am sold on AJ speakers after reading the monster thread at Audioholics. The only thing that deters me is the rear port needing the speaker to be brought forward. I dont have a dedicated room right now for movies. Does the movie experience also need the speakers to be brought forward? Or it works closer to the wall for movies well enough?

In case you have the 5.1, how is the sub 51W? That seems to be the weak link in the entire set?

The above thread at Audioholics, BS22 seems to score better in clarity and sound stage than FS52. Quiet interesting for a speaker with 4" driver!

Where did you pick the speakers from? Snapdeal seems to offer a 10% discount. Any better deals going around? Any demo options around Pune/Mumbai?

Sorry for asking too many questions.

Do you have just the FS or the entire 5.1? If latter, did you listen to music only on the FS, or 2.1, or the 5.1?

I am sold on AJ speakers after reading the monster thread at Audioholics. The only thing that deters me is the rear port needing the speaker to be brought forward. I dont have a dedicated room right now for movies. Does the movie experience also need the speakers to be brought forward? Or it works closer to the wall for movies well enough?

In case you have the 5.1, how is the sub 51W? That seems to be the weak link in the entire set?

The above thread at Audioholics, BS22 seems to score better in clarity and sound stage than FS52. Quiet interesting for a speaker with 4" driver!

Where did you pick the speakers from? Snapdeal seems to offer a 10% discount. Any better deals going around? Any demo options around Pune/Mumbai?

Sorry for asking too many questions.

I've only got the floor standers and imo they don't have to be brought forward for movies. But it will help.

I bought them from avenue sound. They import the stuff by sea so it takes a bit of time but their prices are generally reasonable.
I suppose the bookshelves are more vfm (but that depends on their price) and practical as you can place them closer to the wall.
If you want to demo the speakers you're welcome to come over to my place in Pune... It might be a bit out of the way for you though.

that was bad. I talked to deepak for fronts alone. After 1 hr i got call from Ashish from avenuesound and he quoted me 27k delivered. :D

i said thank you, i can't put 27k for these 2 budget speakers and cut the call. :p

called my local Jamo dealer and asked if he can get me the fronts alone. after 10 hrs he called and quoted me 20k for the pair. :eek:hyeah:

placed the order, speakers getting delivered tomorrow. :yahoo:

that was bad. I talked to deepak for fronts alone. After 1 hr i got call from Ashish from avenuesound and he quoted me 27k delivered. :D

i said thank you, i can't put 27k for these 2 budget speakers and cut the call. :p

called my local Jamo dealer and asked if he can get me the fronts alone. after 10 hrs he called and quoted me 20k for the pair. :eek:hyeah:

placed the order, speakers getting delivered tomorrow. :yahoo:

Does this price includes all below?
bill
warranty
company packed fresh goods
shipping

Have you enquired about the complete set (5.0)? how much that cost, can you ask if not yet asked?

Thanks for favour in advance.

Last edited:
Does this price includes all below?
bill
warranty
company packed fresh goods
shipping

Have you enquired about the complete set (5.0)? how much that cost, can you ask if not yet asked?

Thanks for favour in advance.

i haven't inquired about 5.0 set, i will ask about it.

Yes, it includes all the above and specially i mentioned him, if they are some demo pieces i don't want. :p

he said they are coming straight from the dealer. they don't put demo's etc..

Will see tomorrow :D

i haven't inquired about 5.0 set, i will ask about it.

Yes, it includes all the above and specially i mentioned him, if they are some demo pieces i don't want. :p

he said they are coming straight from the dealer. they don't put demo's etc..

Will see tomorrow :D

then it is a cool deal.

who is the dealer, can you share contact details?

Thanks

This is strange.

Their site itself lists the pair at 24K and typically Aashish offers a better price than their website most of the times. I am not aware about shipping information though as that may also have been factored in.

This is strange.

Their site itself lists the pair at 24K and typically Aashish offers a better price than their website most of the times. I am not aware about shipping information though as that may also have been factored in.

I also had the same opinion but i was quoted 25K + 1K (for shipping). I think it is because he is getting it imported, while pioneer india is making it available in india directly.

yes, but avenuesound people only brought the AJ 1st Gen speakers first time in india.?

it may be true and i don't deny to give credit to them, but it doesn't mean that they have luxury to not to adopt themselves with changing time and market scenarios.

I would go on a stabbing spree. Go to a showroom and stab all the speaker cones you can see... [emoji48]
Its usd90 per speaker btw... That makes it 180 per pair..

I would go on a stabbing spree. Go to a showroom and stab all the speaker cones you can see... [emoji48]

by past experience does india prices also follows US prices, is there a possibility that there would be an impact in india too?

Regards

by past experience does india prices also follows US prices, is there a possibility that there would be an impact in india too?

Regards
No. No matter if a dealer gets it shipped via surface in a container at bulk cost. You will still get billed at original MRRP + Air Freight + Customs duty @30%. Thus what you buy from a local dealer will compete neck and neck with a web purchase - except in the case of heavily discounted items like this one. I would buy this international and bear the 150% shipping markup and duty to still get it at a cheaper price if I were shopping for this.

G

No. No matter if a dealer gets it shipped via surface in a container at bulk cost. You will still get billed at original MRRP + Air Freight + Customs duty @30%. Thus what you buy from a local dealer will compete neck and neck with a web purchase - except in the case of heavily discounted items like this one. I would buy this international and bear the 150% shipping markup and duty to still get it at a cheaper price if I were shopping for this.

G

I calculated it on Amazon, found it is still costlier than india Dealer prices.

So, price should be Rs-12k/pair. Alas! we have to pay 10k more, if we wish to buy it in India ?:mad::mad::mad:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back