Pioneer VSX 834 or Denon X1600H with QAcoustics 7000i/Magnat Monitor Supreme/Wharfedale DX-2

raftaar

I am seeking advice on HT configuration to go for. I have a 18*16 feet living room. Amongst the resellers I have options as in the Title. Though I know it is the right thing to do but I do not have the ability to listen to all the possible configurations to decide.
Hence it will really help if someone has experience with these configurations and can advise or direct as to what could be best option.
Options are:
Pioneer VSX 834 with QAcoustics 7000i + QB12 sub (12 in) orTaga TSW90 (10 in)
Pioneer VSX 834 with Magnat Monitor Supreme package
Pioneer VSX 834 with Wharfedale DX-2
+
I can replace Pioneer with Denon 1600H anywhere above though more expensive

Thanks for inputs/advise

I have no experience with Pioneer. All my receivers have been Denon, and I have been very happy. Not a day of trouble. In my view a solid choice.

Speakers - I would reccomend Q Acoustics from this bunch.
The QB12 is a super sub. Just received mine yesterday :)

The 7000i however is what I would call "designer" speakers - as in emphasis is on small size and shape.
In my view you may get better sound, at a lower price, from the Q Acoustics 3010i speakers (though I have to admit have never heard the 7000is).

There will be soon upgrade bug will be caught once you go with VX834 or Denon 1600H..

Why not wait for some more time if you are short in budget and earn/allot some bucks and go for Marantz AVR with option of 9.2 Channels..

However it is your call.

Thanks

Hi, I used the Magnat Supreme 1000s for quite some time along with the matching centre. Though they are good they are not upto the mark if you compare with Q Accoustics or Wharfesdale. Out of the options Q Accoustics may be the best choice followed by Wharfedale. I too second the 3010 option btw

Thanks Argho, Srinisundar and SGautam
I finally went for the Denon 1600 with QAcoustics 3010 & QB12 as sub
I am enjoying the experience. I found the QB12 subtle and not bass thumping and just kicks in when right.

One thing I could not figure is the DTS:Virtual X on the Denon 1600 and how to enable it. Could be something to do with my Audyssey setup and the way the speakers are configured. If anyone has any quick tips kindly share. In the meantime I am satisfied with the DTS: Neural X

Hello, can someone please guide to a practical reference on the different movie and sound modes (apart from the manual)? As of now I am using mostly DD Sorround as that is what my streaming sources are giving. DTS is not really working with them. Have also changed speaker configurations. Overall satisfied but playing around with the crossover frequencies to optimise output between sourround and F/R/C speakers.
Also, please suggest stabilizers for Receiver and sub

Hello, can someone please guide to a practical reference on the different movie and sound modes (apart from the manual)? As of now I am using mostly DD Sorround as that is what my streaming sources are giving. DTS is not really working with them. Have also changed speaker configurations. Overall satisfied but playing around with the crossover frequencies to optimise output between sourround and F/R/C speakers.
Also, please suggest stabilizers for Receiver and sub

Am not an expert in this area, but a little bit of info that might help.

There is a difference between surround sound formats (ie how a sound track is stored), and "sound modes".

Examples of formats are :
- Dolby Digital (also called AC3)
- DTS
- Dolby Atmos
- DTS:X

If a movie is being broadcast (or played from a file) which has soundtrack stored as Dolby Digitaly 5.1, that is what your receiver will show.

It will correctly identify the format the signal is being received in, and decode it.

If a movie stream is coming in a Dobly Digital, it will not / cannot convert it to DTS or Dolby Atmos.

Now, "sound modes" (my own made up term, I dont know the correct terminology).

You will notice that in your Denon remote, at the bottom, you have different coloured buttons which say things like :
- Movie
- Music
- Game
- Pure

These are sound modes.

Your Denon, has the capability, to take even a stereo 2 channel source, and play it through all 5 speakers.

Try it. Watch say a football match on TV,where the sound is in stereo, and press "Movie" , suddenly, you will find sound coming through all 5 speakers. This is a synthetic sound mode. Its great fun.

Hope that helps.

Am not an expert in this area, but a little bit of info that might help.

There is a difference between surround sound formats (ie how a sound track is stored), and "sound modes".

Examples of formats are :
- Dolby Digital (also called AC3)
- DTS
- Dolby Atmos
- DTS:X

If a movie is being broadcast (or played from a file) which has soundtrack stored as Dolby Digitaly 5.1, that is what your receiver will show.

It will correctly identify the format the signal is being received in, and decode it.

If a movie stream is coming in a Dobly Digital, it will not / cannot convert it to DTS or Dolby Atmos.

Now, "sound modes" (my own made up term, I dont know the correct terminology).

You will notice that in your Denon remote, at the bottom, you have different coloured buttons which say things like :
- Movie
- Music
- Game
- Pure

These are sound modes.

Your Denon, has the capability, to take even a stereo 2 channel source, and play it through all 5 speakers.

Try it. Watch say a football match on TV,where the sound is in stereo, and press "Movie" , suddenly, you will find sound coming through all 5 speakers. This is a synthetic sound mode. Its great fun.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Argho. Also, I found ample information on the stabilizer in the right section

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back