Plan to upgrade from Paradigm Monitor 9 floorstanders

sunster

Hi All,

Im planning to upgrade from my Paradigm monitor 9s to something better of the same size!!!! I have a constraint with width of the speakers which cant exceed 6.8 inches due to space contraint. Any suggestions. Im looking at about 70000-80000 budget. I have a Denon AVR -X2200W as my AVR.
Paradigm adp surrounds and jbl centre (Which Im also looking to change)

Thanks

Sunny

Why? Are you looking for a change in sound?
Paradigm Monitor line is a good for HT and music. Recently heard the Monitor 11s and they sounded like very capable speakers, given some breathing room.
Monitor 9s should be in the same league.

Cheers,
Raghu

Hmmm... Fair enough.
PSBs are good but they may be a bit wider than 7".
Is slim width a hard requirement because of side walls?
Cheers,
Raghu

Monitor Audio Radius line are slim speakers. Have not heard them, but they are worth an audition if the hype is even partly true.

When you say a change in sound, what is that you are looking for? Monitor 9 with Denon are "sparkling" but not harsh in my view. Are you looking for a more mellow sound now?

You will very likely enjoy PSBs if you have liked Paradigm so far. Try listening to KEF Q series too. Not sure of the width of Q series though. Tried QAcoustics?

The best sound within Rs 80k none other than Usher V602 or Mission MX5 , as far as size I believe they overshoot your given parameter. Monitor 9 are wonderful speakers since I just auditioned a 7 a 9 and an 11,loved them with the Denon PMA1500AE,excellent pairing. So moving up from that sound I think Usher provides the best and worthwhile an Upgrade if at all. My opinion if you have the Monitor 9 V7 stick to them or breach that 1lac mark and get the Tannoy XT6F , suits all your parameters and it will be "the" upgrade.

Thanks for your reply. Yes Im looking for a change in the sound. Something better
Changing AVR may change the sound signature.To me marantz will be better than Denon AVR. So can try different AVR before changing speakers.

The best sound within Rs 80k none other than Usher V602 or Mission MX5 , as far as size I believe they overshoot your given parameter. Monitor 9 are wonderful speakers since I just auditioned a 7 a 9 and an 11,loved them with the Denon PMA1500AE,excellent pairing. So moving up from that sound I think Usher provides the best and worthwhile an Upgrade if at all. My opinion if you have the Monitor 9 V7 stick to them or breach that 1lac mark and get the Tannoy XT6F , suits all your parameters and it will be "the" upgrade.

Thanks Anuj. Don't mind breaching the lac mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back