planning a stereo system

nandac

i am likely to get a pair of sonus fabers concertinos.

i am thinking of a naim nait 5 and an arcam cd player to go with the concertinos.

do you guys think that they will match well?

appreciate the feedback.

Wow. The forward sound of Nait 5 would gel well with the Concertinos, IMO. Why not consider CD5, will have good synergy with the matching amp? - is it Naim 5 or 5i or 5i?

:)

What exactly is the difference between the three?

Nait 5

Nait 5i

Nait 5i ? Now there is a much improved replacement for the NAIT 5i: the new NAIT 5i, with an italic 'i ' as opposed to the mark one version (hardly the most attention grabbing change of nomenclature). The exterior is equally undemonstrative, with the addition of a tiny, auto-switching input socket on the fascia for connecting an iPod or MP3 player. [Techradar]

:)

Last edited:
To get the best of Sonus Faber, it will best to look for a pre/power combination with the power amp touching close to 200 watts per channel.

Cheers

To get the best of Sonus Faber, it will best to look for a pre/power combination with the power amp touching close to 200 watts per channel.

Cheers

really? do the concertinos really need so much power?

i actually read a few glowing reviews of concertinos coupled with naim nait 3!

StereoTimes -- Sonus Faber Concertino Loudspeakers
Good choice.Are you getting them with SF stands or without.
An Arcam cdp/amp or a Naim cdp/amp combo would sound nice,but a Bryston 100 sst,Krell S 300i,Musical Fidelity M6i,Sim Moon i 3.3 would drive the speakers better.With bookshelves it would be easier to carry them to the dealer for an audition.

"Arcam cdp/amp or a Naim cdp/amp combo would sound nice"

is it conventional wisdom to pair the cd player with the amp of the same manufacture?

i was actually thinking of a naim nait with an arcam cd player.

i just landed a pair of sonus faber concertos on ebay - luckily the seller stays close to my sister's place in the usa and he will be delivering them home.

i will be powering the concertos intially with the rotel ra-1062.

i am scouting for a center channel for the concertos as well - a sonus faber home solo which seem to go used at reasonable rates.

once i get that my b&w six series set will go on sale. i also have a pinnacle quantum subsonic sattelites/subwoofer set which i will put on sale soon. two cd players too will go - a marantz 5001 and a nad 525bee.

i want to upgrade to a higher level and so am also scouting for another speaker/amp/cd player set.

i dont want to buy anything new anymore. would rather go for quality used stuff in good condition.

for speakers my choices seem to be the b&w 705, the b&w cm1 or cm2 or cm5, the revel m20, the dynaudio excite or any of their older series (there is currently a sale of dynaudio dm 2/8 for $850 on dedicated audio). but whatever i choose i got to be careful that i can get a matching center channel for them at an affordable price.

for amp i am thinking either a naim nait 3 or 5 or a rega mira. (anybody tried the latter?).

cd player is probably going to be an arcam.

am also giving some thought to a proper sub. with the 6 series i use a pinnacle baby sub which is quite nice. but am also wondering about the velodyne mini vee.

appreciate any ideas/insights.

Last edited:
i just landed a pair of sonus faber concertos

for amp i am thinking either a naim nait 3 or 5 or a rega mira. (anybody tried the latter?).

Hi nandac,
Having used naim nait 5i with usher BE 718,i can say its a detailed, fast, pure and neat sounding amp but i always thought my speaker (87db) was needing more power to make the most of it at low volumes.
As venkat said, you better look for high current amp touching at least 150 watts to drive sonus concerto.

>you better look for high current amp touching at least 150 watts

can you suggest some?

>you better look for high current amp touching at least 150 watts

can you suggest some?

You surely look or musical fidelity A5 integrated, you may find it at naim's price, or consider nad 375 bee if you like nad's sound, also there is a canadian brand anthem owned by paradigm which makes integrated amp anthem 225, however i have never listened to this brand so far, try to audition if possible.

>Having used naim nait 5i with usher BE 718,i can say its a detailed, fast, pure and neat >sounding amp but i always thought my speaker (87db) was needing more power to >make the most of it at low volumes.

so planning to sell the nait? :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back