Planning to buy OLED. Need suggestions: LG or Panasonic

For how long did that panel refresh run? Panel maintenance happens in a short burst, for 6-7 minutes, after every 4 hours. The manual one, in LG, Sony and Pana sets at least, runs for about 80 minutes. What my understanding as of now is that it regulates voltage of pixels to ensure that they are as uniform as possible, increasing or decreasing based on usage, and the increase can further damage the panel, as the half life of subpixels would reduce even more at higher voltages. This is why it's runs automatically only at every 1000+ plus hours. Sony has categorically said not to use it more than once a year: https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/support/articles/00173467

I would definitely follow Sony's advice. Max to max, twice a year if you notice an issue. Otherwise, just let it take its own course.
Ok...
With Philips, it would give a message that the maintenance would take more than a hour. Whenever I got that message, usually I would start it at night and let it happen overnight (TV would be in standby).
With Panasonic, it has a setting to prompt panel maintenance, but I haven't got any popup yet and so haven't done any panel maintenance yet.

Ok...
With Philips, it would give a message that the maintenance would take more than a hour. Whenever I got that message, usually I would start it at night and let it happen overnight (TV would be in standby).
With Panasonic, it has a setting to prompt panel maintenance, but I haven't got any popup yet and so haven't done any panel maintenance yet.

That's way too frequent. Did you search whether it's happening in just your set or with others too?

From where did you get the Philips OLED btw?

The Panasonic will also prompt once it crosses the set number of hours; somewhere after 1000 hours.

I had bought the Philips OLED locally here in Singapore from a well known dealer. As I said before, it only started after few software update. I had assumed that, Philips has made it default. Not checked with other users. When I had sold it, me and the buyer had both checked for any dead pixels or burn in but there was none.

I had bought the Philips OLED locally here in Singapore from a well known dealer. As I said before, it only started after few software update. I had assumed that, Philips has made it default. Not checked with other users. When I had sold it, me and the buyer had both checked for any dead pixels or burn in but there was none.

Ah! You're in Singapore. Cool cool. Philips also has good processing now. They'll launch next year in India as per news reports.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back