Plannng to buy Sony 55X9000E @ Rs. 129000/-

MRP of above TV was updated by Sony to 1.34 lacs on March 10th
I haven't opted for kindle freebie, as it would extend delivery date till 17th march

Well I bought it on the 4th March, so I guess I missed it. But still the website shows the same old mrp of 154900.

Guys one more question, even after 2 days of delivery installation guy hasn't shown up
Installation of TV should be done by Sony service engineer or can do it myself ?

I would suggest you to wait for the installation guy and do not even open the carton. Just try to follow up with the dealer as well the helpline of Sony, they should come to the finish the job.

Look for MI TV4 the display panel is from Samsung. It's the world's thinnest TV with all bells and whistles.

I have bought MI laser projector absolutely stunning build quality and great performance.

Don't get carried away by Sony and Samsung brand names. They lost their league in TVs long ago.

At ₹39,999/- MI TV 4 is a steal. It's tough to get it in Mi.com or flipcart. Try your luck or else many are selling over little premium online.

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/06f14b25c

In case you think Mi is Chinese!!! Then I would suggest LG OLED.

The LED Tv market ethics , quality control, worldwide is in pathetic state. Now a days you are not even sure which company to trust for relaibilty and good quality. The LED Tv technology seems very poor in terms of reliability when compared to older CRT Tv Tech. Nobody used to take extended warranty for CRt Tv's in those days, but now a days its the norm everywhere.

The overall scenerio does favour the Chinese make products as the giants are failing to deliver the goodies.

The mad race to churn out new features and half baked tech. is the only thing every company is following these days, same is the case with Vehile Industry such as cars.

You are right, its better to buy lower priced VFM product such as MI TV 4, and throw it away if it goes bad after warranty period and buy another new model again with updated features and tech.

There is need to boycott these so called big brands and force them to make more relaible products

Last week , I went to Croma to take demo of Sony x900& x930 series. The salesman suggested me to look for LG TV as now days LG TV are more reliable than Sony. He showed me 55 inch Sony display TV installed before 3 weeks got a horizontal line. It was really very disappointing to me as Sony is my favourite brand. Already I own Sony 46 inch LED TV from last five years now develop double image and replacement of panel cost was 40K with service charges. Not able to take decision as to repair the existing one or go for new Sony or new Mi ( relatively cheap than Sony).

I am also getting similar offers....Is there an issue with X9000E.. The prices I am getting is close to X8200.. in fact lower... which looks quite strange.. The discounts seem to bring prices of X9000 down but dealers are not willing to give similar discounts on X8200.. With X1 processor and backlight LED X9000 should be ideally costlier vs. X8200 unless there is an issue...

Also checking are you guys taking Sony warrant or Croma/ Vijaysales/ Reliance Digi warranty ... The dealer warranties are cheaper.. is there a difference?

X9000E series is imported from Malaysia where as X8200E series is specific to India (may be made in India).
Piece bought by me is imported to India in Aug 2017. May be they want to clear inventory for 2017-18

X9000E series is imported from Malaysia where as X8200E series is specific to India (may be made in India).
Piece bought by me is imported to India in Aug 2017. May be they want to clear inventory for 2017-18
Yes you are right, my dealer confirmed that only select tv's are on offer as a final liquidation offer from 10th March 2018, the 43 inch x8200 is available on offer not the 49 and 55 inch version. I saw the list with my own eyes. :)

The LED Tv market ethics , quality control, worldwide is in pathetic state. Now a days you are not even sure which company to trust for relaibilty and good quality. The LED Tv technology seems very poor in terms of reliability when compared to older CRT Tv Tech. Nobody used to take extended warranty for CRt Tv's in those days, but now a days its the norm everywhere.

The overall scenerio does favour the Chinese make products as the giants are failing to deliver the goodies.

The mad race to churn out new features and half baked tech. is the only thing every company is following these days, same is the case with Vehile Industry such as cars.

You are right, its better to buy lower priced VFM product such as MI TV 4, and throw it away if it goes bad after warranty period and buy another new model again with updated features and tech.

There is need to boycott these so called big brands and force them to make more relaible products

Perfect.
You forgot one main thing, big brands tend to churn out low quality products with missing features in India calling them country specific models and tag double(Sometimes triple and quadruple) the price compared to US.

Yes you are right, my dealer confirmed that only select tv's are on offer as a final liquidation offer from 10th March 2018, the 43 inch x8200 is available on offer not the 49 and 55 inch version. I saw the list with my own eyes. :)
Does the 55/65" X9300E also getting the similar offer? It's official MRP is 1,84,900.
Though it is an Edge-lit, It'll outperform the X900E. Its not a typical edge-lit led TV, slim Backdrive+ is the reason behind it. If the price difference its not huge, i'd pick the X9300E.
Could you verify the latest offer price of X9300E. In my location this model is not available.

Last edited:
Does the 55/65" X9300E also getting the similar offer? It's official MRP is 1,84,900.
Though it is an Edge-lit, It'll outperform the X900E. Its not a typical edge-lit led TV, slim Backdrive+ is the reason behind it. If the price difference its not huge, i'd pick the X9300E.
Could you verify the latest offer price of X9300E. In my location this model is not available.

Went to the sony shop, only the 65x9300e is on offer not the 55 inch model, its confirmed. The new, Mrp is 2,19,990/- down from the earlier Mrp 2,54,900/- for the sony 65x9300e. Negotiate hard and you could get it for roughly 2,07,000/- . Its a very good deal for the size and the quality of the technology used. But keep in mind that above 2.0 lac one does enter into the OLED TV range. You can get a 55 inch LG OLED tv for that much amount or even less.

I can’t find anything that’s below par or cheap Chinese in what u own,reading from your avatar. Seems like all the product brands u have are really excellent in their nature. Then why the bias with a tv? There is an obvious difference between a Chinese mi and a Sony or an lg tv. VFM? That’s a different topic. But quality wise, I’m pretty sure there is a big difference.

Again cars? I owned a 10 lac car before I bought a 30 lac car. The difference is night and day. Maybe it’s a personal preference but shooting something down just because it’s expensive? I would not take a Maruti Suzuki today if u gave me one for free. That said, I owned a Maruti 800 for 15 years. But today? I’m over the moon with my fancy pickled to the brim with technology Octavia.

Again, all boils down to personal choice and very importantly, money.

I can’t find anything that’s below par or cheap Chinese in what u own,reading from your avatar. Seems like all the product brands u have are really excellent in their nature. Then why the bias with a tv? There is an obvious difference between a Chinese mi and a Sony or an lg tv. VFM? That’s a different topic. But quality wise, I’m pretty sure there is a big difference.

Again cars? I owned a 10 lac car before I bought a 30 lac car. The difference is night and day. Maybe it’s a personal preference but shooting something down just because it’s expensive? I would not take a Maruti Suzuki today if u gave me one for free. That said, I owned a Maruti 800 for 15 years. But today? I’m over the moon with my fancy pickled to the brim with technology Octavia.

Again, all boils down to personal choice and very importantly, money.

I had three led /plasma tv's that failed, in the past 6 years (one led and two plasma tv's).

May be that have a huge impact. :)

In the past, i owned 3 CRT tv's that never failed in the average 12 years of ownership and were eventually exchanged for the above said tv's.

And the huge cost of repair of Led/plasma tv's really bother everyone. My two plasma tv's panel went bad after 2 years and 6 years of ownership. For one i got roughly 50% refund due to non availability of parts and the other was out of warranty and had non availability of parts, is now serving me as an occasional mirror :)
And the one led tv's panel went bad within a few days of ownership, got full refund for that though, but the headache was enormous.

Last edited:
Went to the sony shop, only the 65x9300e is on offer not the 55 inch model, its confirmed. The new, Mrp is 2,19,990/- down from the earlier Mrp 2,54,900/- for the sony 65x9300e. Negotiate hard and you could get it for roughly 2,07,000/- . Its a very good deal for the size and the quality of the technology used. But keep in mind that above 2.0 lac one does enter into the OLED TV range. You can get a 55 inch LG OLED tv for that much amount or even less.
Thanks dude. Its really a good offer for a 65x9300e.
The only thing that keeping me away from the OLED TVs are all the horror stories of Burn-in issues :confused:. I'd better off stay with the LED-LCD Tv rather than pick the OLED and keep worrying on every day that when its going to catch burn-in. However its my perspective, others might differ from me :)

Last edited:
Thanks dude. Its really a good offer for a 65x9300e.
The only thing that keeping me away from the OLED TVs are all the horror stories of Burn-in issues :confused:. I'd better off stay with the LED-LCD Tv rather than pick the OLED and keep worrying on every day that when its going to catch burn-in. However its my perspective, others might differ from me :)

Yeah burn in is a major issue and even companies don't honor warranty in such a case. Also OLED's are not much bright as of now.

The only thing that keeping me away from the OLED TVs are all the horror stories of Burn-in issues

It can be a big issue. Lg says they have lot of algorithms to prevent burn in and all. when i visited chroma for checking out TV's, i found the C7 in display and there was a patch in the center. when i asked , the shop guy didn't even bother to answer. But it was a damage due to burn in and it was very clearly visible.

Continuing the discussion of oled's I would like to add that just save your money and go with Sony x9000E series and you will be very happy. This tv gives good competition to the oled's at a much cheaper price.

Now that the prices have also come down a lot after I purchased, it's become more sweeter the deal. Just go for it .period.

Brightness and Image retention/Burn-in both are the limitations of the OLED technology. Not sure how LG going to fix this in coming days.
Only alternative is MicroLED, but that still in prototype phase. In CES 2018, Samsung showed their MicroLed prototype TV "Wall". Looks promising though. Need to wait and see;)
Until then FALD LCD is the way to go. One fine example is Sony x9000E, Sony X940E/Z9D are on premium end.
At Rs. 129000/- Sony 55" X900E is unbeatable. If negotiate harder, then they will reduce the price even down i believe.

Any opinions around Dolby Vision comaptibility... X900F the new model will be compatible, but X900E isnt.. Am sure new model will be priced much higher.. but then if Doby Vision is critical then might as well go for the new model

Any opinions around Dolby Vision comaptibility... X900F the new model will be compatible, but X900E isnt.. Am sure new model will be priced much higher.. but then if Doby Vision is critical then might as well go for the new model

There is no compatibility for Dolby vision in 900E nor any firmware can upgrade the feature as the chip isn't there in the tv. Now the newer model 900F surely does have the chip for Dolby vision but out of the box DV isn't available yet as per reviews available online who have already bought it in the US. A firmware is expected later this year for the feature.

Surely the time when the 900F will be available here in India, DV will be factory installed, but will be available in Q2-Q3 this year so a long wait. Now the pricing will surely by more than compared to 900E. Content based on DV is very very limited as of now but this will increase over time. The major question is do we really want DV as it's only a little better or maybe more. 10 bit and 12 bit colour gamut is what we are talking here. Believe me seeing the comparisons of images on DV and non DV models I surely liked the DV ones but not much that I would pay a premium for it. If one sees 100% perfection as per the professional reviews and want super duper colours and cannot compromise on even 1% quality difference then it's a different approach.

I would suggest to take a demo of a DV content on DV supported TV and the non DV same content on Non DV TV and see for particular frames where a lot of colour gradation is there like sceneries, mountains, cityscapes etc and pause the video for comparison. You will see for yourself if it's worth the wait and to shell out more money. Lastly it's your call.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back