Plannng to buy Sony 55X9000E @ Rs. 129000/-

How are you guys finding Sony x9000e.. may be able to negotiate to Rs1.1lacs...but still stuck in dilemma between buying x9000e vs.. waiting a month for x9000f... with uncertain pricing.. but with X1 extreme processor and DV... Pricing I guess may be 35K higher going by usd500 difference between corresponding models in US...Main worry is whether not having X1 extreme or DV could be an issue in future..but then Rs1.5l plus 25-30K of extended warranty will take costs to 1.8l way beyond budget

How are you guys finding Sony x9000e.. may be able to negotiate to Rs1.1lacs...but still stuck in dilemma between buying x9000e vs.. waiting a month for x9000f... with uncertain pricing.. but with X1 extreme processor and DV... Pricing I guess may be 35K higher going by usd500 difference between corresponding models in US...Main worry is whether not having X1 extreme or DV could be an issue in future..but then Rs1.5l plus 25-30K of extended warranty will take costs to 1.8l way beyond budget

Just go for 9000E and you'll be happy with your purchase. Believe me you will not be able to make much difference in DV and non DV content in a 55 inch TV. And above all there is hardly any content available, nor the 9000F is having DV out of the box. A firmware is expected. Is spending 35k-40k only for getting DV is it worth it?

currently 4K + DV content is only available on Netflix. Amazon prime supports only 4K + HDR10 content.
Dolby Vision original specification calls for 12 bit video and 10000 nits brightness.
As of now, no display panel in market is 12 bit and
Brightest panel can emit upto 4000 nits only.
Therefore all expensive tvs available in market cant do justice to DV.
So, its better to go for X900E series instead of waiting for X900F series

Last edited:
currently 4K + DV content is only available on Netflix. amazon supports only 4K + HDR10 content.
Dolby Vision original specification calls for 12 bit video and 10000 nits brightness.
As of now, DV content is mastered to max 4000 nits and no display in market has an 12 bit panel.
So, its better to go for X900E series instead of waiting for X900F series

As I read and understand, a true DV panel with specifications made TV, will cost more compared to the current 10 bit panels and 4000 nits brightness.

Thanks.. that helps...also does X1 and X1 extreme processor make such a big difference? And finally is X9000e HDR 10 compatible...

For those who confused among Sony X900F vs X900E vs x930E.
Here is the excellent comparison video by Vincent from HDTVTEST. He is one of my go to guy for any detailed TV review. Check this out.

For those who confused among Sony X900F vs X900E vs x930E.
Here is the excellent comparison video by Vincent from HDTVTEST. He is one of my go to guy for any detailed TV review. Check this out.

In the video, he says that the local dimming is better in x930 than 900f or 900e even though 930e is edge lit with slimdrive technology. But there are reviews all over net saying 900e with fald has better dimming. Any views on this?

In the video, he says that the local dimming is better in x930 than 900f or 900e even though 930e is edge lit with slimdrive technology. But there are reviews all over net saying 900e with fald has better dimming. Any views on this?
Sony X900e have been using the typical local dimming of fald tvs. It uses less number of zones for local-dimming. However, Its good on its own right. It produces excellent picture quality for its price.
But when comparing with its higher end cousin, x930e beats 900e on local dimming, brightness and overall picture quality. Even thought x930e is an edge-lit tv, Its been using the Sony's proprietary SlimBackdrive+ technology for local dimming.
From what i understand across many reviews, its led lights are placed top and bottom of the panel rather than two sides. On top of it implement 2 layers of light guide plates that results in more precise, zone-specific level local dimming. Really its a piece of excellent Sony engineering. And thats one of the reason it got the palce above an fald tv(x900e).
Slim-BackLight-Drive-.jpg

If i could have the same budget, instead of spending on Sony or LG i would rather put that in a HT 4k Projector. Although i own SONY and its exception picture quality i still feel projectors are making the way UltraShort,Laser etc. Great ones from LG,Sony,BenQ, waiting for Mi in same range

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back