Plannng to buy Sony 55X9000E @ Rs. 129000/-

Thanks.. make sense... have been confused as getting pretty good deals for X900E ..and am not sure whats the premium for X900F when that comes...just the comfort of it being future proof...Where did you compare DV and non DV TVs.. Most retail chains keep playing standard demo pics...

Thanks.. make sense... have been confused as getting pretty good deals for X900E ..and am not sure whats the premium for X900F when that comes...just the comfort of it being future proof...Where did you compare DV and non DV TVs.. Most retail chains keep playing standard demo pics...

You need to carry your own media, plenty of the demos are available online to download example... http://4kmedia.org. A large capacity USB or a portable hard drive is possible. Never trust the retail chains demos, they adjust it as per their profitability, the more profit in a particular brand that becomes the best. It happened with me in the very beginning, I just loved seeing the Samsung after comparing with the Sony. The salesman would have tweaked the Samsung and had surely meddled with the settings of the Sony and made me believe that Samsung was much better at a much lower price. So, see theirs first and then do carry your own media to test and decide which looks nice.

You need to carry your own media, plenty of the demos are available online to download example... http://4kmedia.org. A large capacity USB or a portable hard drive is possible. Never trust the retail chains demos, they adjust it as per their profitability, the more profit in a particular brand that becomes the best. It happened with me in the very beginning, I just loved seeing the Samsung after comparing with the Sony. The salesman would have tweaked the Samsung and had surely meddled with the settings of the Sony and made me believe that Samsung was much better at a much lower price. So, see theirs first and then do carry your own media to test and decide which looks nice.

Yeah... totally agree with you.
I always prefer keeping the TV in movie mode for samsung or Cinema pro for sony before comparing each other in showroom. 60% of retailers would say stupid reasons and make u stop comparing in that way. Just shut them up or else leave.

Yeah... totally agree with you.
I always prefer keeping the TV in movie mode for samsung or Cinema pro for sony before comparing each other in showroom. 60% of retailers would say stupid reasons and make u stop comparing in that way. Just shut them up or else leave.

As per my experience in Hyd, most of the sales men tend to orient customer towards Samsung TVs (may be they have more margin in Samsung)

@saketb : I visited Sony showroom and took a demo for X9000E. i noticed 2 things

1. I had taken my hard disk and it had only like 100gb of content. But the TV took around 5-6 min to load the contents. I feel its very slow. LG and Samsung detected the hard disk and loaded the folders very fast.

2. When ever i was coming back after playing some 4k content, there was some jittering happening in the screen, like a color correction. the sales guy said its because its switching back from HDR, that why. Is it normal? you had any issues like this?

@saketb : I visited Sony showroom and took a demo for X9000E. i noticed 2 things

1. I had taken my hard disk and it had only like 100gb of content. But the TV took around 5-6 min to load the contents. I feel its very slow. LG and Samsung detected the hard disk and loaded the folders very fast.

2. When ever i was coming back after playing some 4k content, there was some jittering happening in the screen, like a color correction. the sales guy said its because its switching back from HDR, that why. Is it normal? you had any issues like this?

5-6 mins is way too long. Might be one of the files is corrupt which is causing it slow down. I've loaded more than 200GB in my HDD and connected it to the TV and it didn't take much time at all to recognize.

As for the interface being slower compared to Samsung, then Yes. It uses Android 6.0 which isn't the fastest OS. Samsung uses Tizen which is their own OS and is much faster. Not sure about the app compatibility though. Since Sony runs on Android it has apps for most platforms like Primevideo, Hotstar, Voot, Netflix etc.

As said by "chaos", the time taken was too long. I had carried a Seagate 1TB drive and it recognized in a few secs. The default "Video" app was able to play almost all the content. If there is some issue with copying not done properly in the portable drive this issue happens. BTW, my Corsair 32GB pen drive was not recognized, may be some compatibility issues.

The interface is a tad slower compared to other OS's but not like its a snail. This has Android 7.0 whereas, others have their own OS, like.. Tizen, WebOS, etc. Oreo update is expected and that will bring new functionality as well as a smoother experience. While playing 4k content accessing the action menu is a bit slow, rest all is fine. The colour correction is normal and always happens which lasts only a few milisecs, when you go from HDR to SDR.

I'm using both Kodi from my HTPC as well as the direct Video app and have not found any issues whatsoever.

Price cut on some led models may be due to below reason

Customs duty on open cell displays (i.e., panels imported with led based back light) set to reduce

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...rices-set-to-go-down/articleshow/63435969.cms

I doubt that price drop as TV dealers and manufacturers in India are the most greediest of all.
Same TV which OP mentioned just costs INR 56k in US without any offer, whereas here in India- It's freaking costs more than double with an offer. They blame taxes, My foot ! Why would anybody charge 125% extra for a bulk importing giant company. US also needs to import things as all the manufacturing goes in Japan, Korea and China and it's more tough to import into US considering the distance and strict regulations than India. Why the difference between costs when both the countries are doing the same importing ? As the saying goes "Indians(Dealers) are the biggest enemies to fellow Indians"

Hi all,

After a lot of visits to different dealers, have got the below mentioned offers. Am unable to decide which one to buy.

- Sony 55x90E - INR 1,02,500/- along with kindle 1tb hard drive offer.

- LG 65UJ752 - INR 1,30,000/- with no further offers.

Both the above are available at 15 month no cost EMI from Bajaj.

The TV would be replacing a 42" Panasonic HD ready plasma that is around 8 years old and would be used only for movies, Netflix, YouTube etc. Have cut the cord for over 5 years now, so no SD / HD channel viewing.

I also have a Benq w1070 full hd projector which i plan to upgrade to a 4k projector in the next 1 year.

Please suggest.

Hi all,

After a lot of visits to different dealers, have got the below mentioned offers. Am unable to decide which one to buy.

- Sony 55x90E - INR 1,02,500/- along with kindle 1tb hard drive offer.

- LG 65UJ752 - INR 1,30,000/- with no further offers.

Both the above are available at 15 month no cost EMI from Bajaj.

The TV would be replacing a 42" Panasonic HD ready plasma that is around 8 years old and would be used only for movies, Netflix, YouTube etc. Have cut the cord for over 5 years now, so no SD / HD channel viewing.

I also have a Benq w1070 full hd projector which i plan to upgrade to a 4k projector in the next 1 year.

Please suggest.
Forgot to mention, i am a little worried about investing into these high value products with just 1 year warranty and a reputation to go bad any time. Extended warranties on such products is writing out to around 10% of the product cost which i feel is ridiculous. So i am also considering the new VU 55 inch android tv to save some serious money and invest in the projector upgrade.

Is this a wise move?

Which chain are you getting 900xe at 102K.. . While extended warranty is costly.. its hard to ignore as these tends to conk off in 3-4 years... Croma is giving a costlier extended warranty at 25k for x900e for 3 years.. Vijay sales is cheaper at 25K for 4 years... Not sure which one should one opt for.. and ofcourse the cost is huge as you mentioned

@boombox So just to clarify, Did you get 1.02L quote for the 55in with or without bargaining? Also can you tell me the exact store from which you got it.

@boombox So just to clarify, Did you get 1.02L quote for the 55in with or without bargaining? Also can you tell me the exact store from which you got it.
After 2 visits and multiple quotes from other dealers for competing models..store is Bajaj Electronics, ECIL, Hyderabad. Bajaj electronics a.s. rao nagar could not match this price for Sony but had a good deal of 95k for samsung 55" 6470 model.

Seems to me like stock clearance to introduce new models..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back