Plasma for <40K

himeshj

Hi Guys,

With help from this forum, I bought a LG 50PQ70 2 yrs back at a great price(50K & free DVD etc). I've been very happy with it and recommend plasmas to all and sundry now :lol:

My brother now wants to by a TV. His budget is ~40K, can't be stretched any further. And he'd like at least 40 inches. He is not too hung up on whether he should buy LCD or Plasma but I feel that plasmas are still the best value. I've looked at various threads and am a bit confused. Would be great if somebody can give me a short and sweet answer to a short and simple question:

What TV is the best buy at 40K in Delhi?

Thanks

Himesh

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

With help from this forum, I bought a LG 50PQ70 2 yrs back at a great price(50K & free DVD etc). I've been very happy with it and recommend plasmas to all and sundry now :lol:

My brother now wants to by a TV. Her budget is ~40K, can't be stretched any further. And he'd like at least 40 inches. He is not too hung up on whether she should buy LCD or Plasma but I feel that plasmas are still the best value. I've looked at various threads and am a bit confused. Would be great if somebody can give me a short and sweet answer to a short and simple question:

What TV is the best buy at 40K in Delhi?

Thanks

Himesh

Hi, stick with Plasma..........Panasonic or Samsung, go to the store and demo the tv's. Spend enough time watching HD and SD video and compare what your eyes prefer. If budget was not an issue I would have you blindly go for any pan model with the neo pdp panels i.e. V,S,G series. Try to stretch the budget a bit and go for the pan 42V20..........V20 is still the best 2D tv in the market!!!

samsung 43D450 plasma available for 33-35k everwhere.
Thanks Madhavk8. Appreciate your feedback and hope to hear more comments like these.

Hi, stick with Plasma..........Panasonic or Samsung, go to the store and demo the tv's. Spend enough time watching HD and SD video and compare what your eyes prefer. If budget was not an issue I would have you blindly go for any pan model with the neo pdp panels i.e. V,S,G series. Try to stretch the budget a bit and go for the pan 42V20..........V20 is still the best 2D tv in the market!!!

Thanks Aakashr. Yes I do intend to plug Plasma as it represents best bang for the buck. Have heard a lot about V20 but it's way beyond budget. The TV will be used with Tatasky (70%) and DVD's(30%) average 1-2 hrs of viewing/day.

Have done preliminary research and zeroed down to following:

LG 42PT 350R ~34K
LG 42PT 560R ~37K

Pana 42X20 ~35K
Pana 42A20D ~40K
Pana 42U30D ~44K Full HD but over budget. Can consider buying if we can negotiate a deal well below 40K.
S'sng 43D450 ~38K
S'sng 43D490 ~43K Full HD but over budget. 3D capability does not matter. Can consider buying if we can negotiate a deal well below 40K.

The joker in the pack is Pana 50X20D. Somebody on this forum claims to have got an offer for 50K for this which is astonishing value to my mind. So I may spring for the difference so that my bro gets a good TV. The viewing distance would be ~9 ft but that should be enough for a 50 incher.

Could you guys please comment on the prices. I'm sure there will be some negotiation but would like to hear if anybody has bought any of these sets and what price was paid. Also let me know if you have heard of better prices than the above.

Now on to the picture quality. Could the gurus please rate the PQ / feature set for each of the TV's above from best to worst? That would be a really great help. I do intend to audition each set for myself but can not claim to be a videophile so "won't trust my own eyes". From my googling it appears that most people rate Panasonic the best, Samsung second and LG third for Plasma PQ. Do you guys agree?

Am especially interested in Pana X20 which may be available below 30K with exchange of the old CRT set. This appears to be great value again, don't you think? How's the X20 rated in terms of PQ.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back