Playing flac files in Audiolab 6000A

MOUSUM8

So there is no usb-in in Audiolab 6000A. How do I play Gigs of flacs from my laptop ? Another external DAC with USB in, using a DAP like Fiio X7 Mark -II , burning then into Audio CD ( Some are of higher resolution then CD) ? What might be the best way, any suggestion...

Use any PC digital with coaxial out or optical out .
My suggestion is allo digione board

Or

Any of the USB to spidif converters
Example - singxer or gustard

bluetooth is another source, you can connect Laptop to Amp through Bluesource,

mceclip2.png
In my case, I connected my NAS (that stored all my audio&video stuff) to BDP (sony x700) and BDP to Audiolab amp.
That sounds great.

Attachments

• audiolabBDP.png
    audiolabBDP.png
    451.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Another good usb to spdif converter - schiit eitr. Laptop usb to Eitr........Eitr coax to dac.

Or

@rikhav - So, in my case, I can use an optical mini-toslink to toslink cable from my macbook pros' earphone out into my Audiolab 6000A right ?
Have been thinking about this, just need to buy this adapter that goes into the 3.5mm port of my MBP as I already have a regular toslink cable lying idle.

Yes that you can since you have a Mac

Also you can try USB and then decide what works best for you
So, if I look at what I readily have vs what I need to arrange or buy - I have the toslink part. Or I also have the dragonfly Cobalt that I was planning to sell off soon. I would need a 3.5mm TRS to RCA cable to provide input into one of the AUX input of Audiolab.

Or

Found "Signstek HIFI USB to Coaxial S/PDIF Converter" any idea how is it ? Could not find the brands you mentioned.. Thanks

Hello @Haribabu: But then bluetooth medium will compress the FLAC or other HighRes formats while transporting to the amp !! Isn't it ?
Nothing, it won't compress, you can see same quality.
One best quality of Audiolab amp is, it play Bluetooth content without degrade the sound quality.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back