Playing flac files in Audiolab 6000A

MOUSUM8

So there is no usb-in in Audiolab 6000A. How do I play Gigs of flacs from my laptop ? Another external DAC with USB in, using a DAP like Fiio X7 Mark -II , burning then into Audio CD ( Some are of higher resolution then CD) ? What might be the best way, any suggestion...

Use any PC digital with coaxial out or optical out .
My suggestion is allo digione board

Or

Any of the USB to spidif converters
Example - singxer or gustard

bluetooth is another source, you can connect Laptop to Amp through Bluesource,

mceclip2.png
In my case, I connected my NAS (that stored all my audio&video stuff) to BDP (sony x700) and BDP to Audiolab amp.
That sounds great.

Attachments

• audiolabBDP.png
    audiolabBDP.png
    451.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Another good usb to spdif converter - schiit eitr. Laptop usb to Eitr........Eitr coax to dac.

Or

@rikhav - So, in my case, I can use an optical mini-toslink to toslink cable from my macbook pros' earphone out into my Audiolab 6000A right ?
Have been thinking about this, just need to buy this adapter that goes into the 3.5mm port of my MBP as I already have a regular toslink cable lying idle.

Yes that you can since you have a Mac

Also you can try USB and then decide what works best for you
So, if I look at what I readily have vs what I need to arrange or buy - I have the toslink part. Or I also have the dragonfly Cobalt that I was planning to sell off soon. I would need a 3.5mm TRS to RCA cable to provide input into one of the AUX input of Audiolab.

Or

Found "Signstek HIFI USB to Coaxial S/PDIF Converter" any idea how is it ? Could not find the brands you mentioned.. Thanks

Hello @Haribabu: But then bluetooth medium will compress the FLAC or other HighRes formats while transporting to the amp !! Isn't it ?
Nothing, it won't compress, you can see same quality.
One best quality of Audiolab amp is, it play Bluetooth content without degrade the sound quality.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back