PlayOn!HD Media Player Review

are two displays supported my problem with XMP is every time I have switch between two display my plasma & PJ I have remove hdmi cable as I don't want to use my HT will component n hdmi can be used for two different displays....Thanks in Advance :)

hi my query reg two displays support stii remains ? can u plz update on that and youtube does not have the new HD gui videos pl post screen shorts if possible..thanx

hi my query reg two displays support stii remains ? can u plz update on that and youtube does not have the new HD gui videos pl post screen shorts if possible..thanx

Hi,

I've not tested this two display thingy, mine is POHD->AVR->TV, and all through HDMI, so cannot comment on this right now.

And there is no special HD GUI ASAIK, it only has one GUI which is same throughout your usage. You can get a glimpse of the same here,

YouTube - PLAY ON!HD

cheers.

Play on Vs Xstreamer ?

Play On HD uses Realtek chip set 1073 as this is the latest chipset for full HD player class from Realtek. X streamer user 1283, this series is primarily a recorder class

The 1283 has fan noise issue and X streamer gets heated up quickly .

Worldwide X streamer is cheaper then Play on . I am also told that the X stremer GUI is red and is not very pleasant for long term usage

Re: Play on Vs Xstreamer ?

...... . I am also told that the X stremer GUI is red and is not very pleasant for long term usage

How is this GUI color going to affect any user :rolleyes:..................... Any particular reason, I personally like red more than blue.

cheers

ranpras..can u plz help/give info for support of 2 displays

and are two diplays supported my problem with XMP is every time I have switch between two display my plasma & PJ I have remove hdmi cable as I don't want to use my HT will component & hdmi can be used for two diffrent displays....component for lcd & Hdmi for PJ Thanks in Advance :)

Re: PlayOn!HD Media Player Review 2 Displays

What do u mean exactly by 2 displays ?

The Play on HD can play video through HDMI and Component .

Lets say u have connected your POHD to AVR , that would be a single connection through HDMI and a monitor out through HDMI is passed to the Projector or the TV .

U still have options to connect the box through HDMI directly to the Projector while u can connect to the AVR through coaxial , optical connectivity .

Xtreamear does not have component output and cannot do multiple displays. For new HT Amps this is not a issue as they have HDMI .

Xstreamer is not useful for those who have NON HDMI amps and still need to connect say a proj or a TV with HDMI and still connect amps using optical or coax ..

Some of my friends who do use Xstreamear are not happy with to much of Red GUIs .

Play On HD now with Juke box feature - Next Firmware update

Get a sneak peek demo of the Movie Jukebox ft. YAMJ at our exhibitions currently going on in Singapore (SITEX 2009) and Netherlands (HME 2009). In Singapore, the AC Ryan booth has been running the demo since today (Saturday), while in Netherlands well be running the demo tomorrow (Sunday).

Ever since the launch of Playon!HD way back in June 2009, Movie Jukebox was one of the most requested feature. What a movie jukebox does is show you picture thumbnails of movies, when you select it, you see a short description and simply press again to play. This is a more pictorial view of movies compared to a browser list well, more fun!

When deciding how to add this function, we managed to hook up with the YAMJ Team. For those who do not yet know who/what is YAMJ YAMJ is short for Yet Another Movie Jukebox. A clever piece of program running on your computer designed to search your harddisk for movies and find the relevant movie photos and information from the internet, automatically. Started as a small project, it has grown to become a favorite Movie Jukebox program, with a strong reputation and a solid team. The YAMJ project is opensource and more development is still going on.

What do we mean hooked up with the YAMJ Team? Instead of re-coding our own Movie Jukebox, why not work with the YAMJ guys! It cuts double work, supports opensource community, and gives Playon!HD users a great application. Its a no-brainer win-win-win partnership. Thats what we did, and the YAMJ guys are more than supportive! Thanks again. And by working with the YAMJ Team, Playon!HD users can enjoy more improvements and more developments from the YAMJ Team that has made YAMJ such a success!

After exchanging some information and some coding, we are happy to say the Movie Jukebox is almost ready. So what this means is that you would run YAMJ on your computer which searches your Playon!HD for movie files, gathers pictures and information from the internet and puts them into your Playon!HD, automatically. Each time you add movies, simply run YAMJ again on your computer and your Playon!HD Movie Jukebox will be updated. cool eh? Thank the YAMJ guys.

At the exhibitions, weve prepared 12 movie trailers as a demonstration, so you can see the Movie Jukebox working on Playon!HD. Cant wait to have it? We ask for a bit of patience while our programmers finish up the final parts. We appreciate your understanding, thanks for the support.

Attachments

• Ac Ryan  Movie  Juke Box -.jpg
    Ac Ryan Movie Juke Box -.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 138
Re: ACRyan Playon HD - any owners or opinions?

We bought it from AqTronics Technologies Bangalore

AqTronics Technologies Pvt Ltd
#1616, 8th Main Road
3rd Block Jayanagar,
Bangalore 560011
India
Ph: 91-80-41210347 ,22452079

Box is working fine .

Hi

Just checked up for the prices. They say it is around 15K. So 5k more than Xmp with out wifi but with HDMI cable.

Is it worth 5K more when compared to Xmp ? Gurus your comments please.

Play On HD or Xstrmer

If u need

1. Multiple displays - HDMI & component -
2. Audio - Coax , optical & HDMI - Play on HD can still be connected to any NON HDMI amp avialable in the market today .( Optical version is very soft for AV playing and i prefer Coaxial . Coaxial is available in Playon HD )

So much on Hardware is not available in any other Mediaplayer

3. Internal HDD option of 2 TB on 3.5 inch
4. Juke Box features in next firmware upgrade
5. NAS
6. Bit Torrent direct download on the box
7. Dedicated chip set for playback - No fan noise

Go for Play on HD .

Cost of the box from AqTronics is 14,064 all inclusive ( this is 12,501 + taxes )

Else ???

Last edited:
Hi

Just checked up for the prices. They say it is around 15K. So 5k more than Xmp with out wifi but with HDMI cable.

No one can answer it for you. Each player has its pros and cons. You see the features and decide if its worth for you. For me its not worth that extra 5k.

Hi

Yeah, depends on your requirements.

cheers

Hi..have placed an order for POHD will recieve it by tomm ...maybe then i will be able to give a complete comperision & shootout between POHD & XMP...so freinds you have any specfic querys feel free to ask..

regards..

Hi..have placed an order for POHD will recieve it by tomm ...maybe then i will be able to give a complete comperision & shootout between POHD & XMP...so freinds you have any specfic querys feel free to ask..

regards..

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

cheers

regards..

I was planning to buy one of these and glad to see that a discussion is going on here. Can you please compare the noise from fan while idle and while playing media?

I checked 20north.com but couldnt see wdtv or wdtv live available. Does anyone know any other place to buy wdtv live in Bangalore?
I checked the SP road for wdtv and the price was 7.5k.

Does anyone know if wdtv live/xtreamer/playonhd supports other USB wifi dongles available in market?

Thanks,
~Jain

I checked 20north.com but couldnt see wdtv or wdtv live available. Does anyone know any other place to buy wdtv live in Bangalore?

Hey...WD TV Live is available in 20north. I booked one for 7.7K using HIFIVISION gift coupon last night. Check it again if you are interested. WD TV Live is not availalble in india yet.

I was planning to buy one of these and glad to see that a discussion is going on here. Can you please compare the noise from fan while idle and while playing media?

Does anyone know if wdtv live/xtreamer/playonhd supports other USB wifi dongles available in market?

Thanks,
~Jain

Hi,

No problem with fan noise in either cases, the device is absolutely silent.

And I guess any USB WiFi dongle should work with these media players, no particular brand.

And WDTV live not yet available in India. Need to get it online as suggested by fellow members.

cheers

Hey...WD TV Live is available in 20north. I booked one for 7.7K using HIFIVISION gift coupon last night. Check it again if you are interested. WD TV Live is not availalble in india yet.

Got it. Searching for "wdtv" didnt work. "wd tv" works. :)

~Jain

AC Ryan to launch Mini version of Play on HD Media player in Jan 2010

All

Who thought Play on HD Media player is expensive , wait for Jan 2010 .

AC Ryan will come out with a low cost Mini version of the HD Media player .

Cost should be some where to match Extremer player

Watch out for this space ..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back